Kf Shkendija V Aberdeen (1 - 1)

I'm more concerned with winning stuff than money.

Money is just an arbitrary thing which humans use to subjugate each other.

We have a better chance of winning the league if we get knocked out early.

Then what happens when we get to the Champions League? Same mentality?

I thought we did OK considering; it was obviously we were a bit ring-rusty (oo-er!) and didnt have much bite. And we had a few newbies trying to settle into the side too. (I thought Shinnie looked good at times).

When we scored I thought that was that, but then poor defending let them back in. The equalising header was superb, but it was born of poor defending.

I am confident we will do them 2-0 at home. Though we must not be complacent as if so it could easily turn into a 0-1 embarassment.

You could see what a draw against us meant to them, the scorer went wild - eyes bulging, jumping up on the advertising board at the crowd etc; it was like Dave King at the news someone had bought a season ticket.

If we can polish off this mob, as we should, then get a few league games under our belt, we will be a different team in the next round.

Then what happens when we get to the Champions League? Same mentality?

Yes. I don't change my mentality according to how much money is available.

The way that euro competitions are set up is morally reprehensible. Like the stock market, corporate cartels abound.

I dinna buy into their glossy marketing.

I'm only interested in fair competition at domestic level.

Yes. I don't change my mentality according to how much money is available.

The way that euro competitions are set up is morally reprehensible. Like the stock market, corporate cartels abound.

I dinna buy into their glossy marketing.

I'm only interested in fair competition at domestic level.

SIlly. A run to the CL group stages could pay for half of our new stadium if we were to make it. Well worth having a terrible league season for. CL Group stages and Scottish Cup win would be in the top 5 best seasons in the club's history.

SIlly. A run to the CL group stages could pay for half of our new stadium if we were to make it. Well worth having a terrible league season for. CL Group stages and Scottish Cup win would be in the top 5 best seasons in the club's history.

Don't forget the elusive QF of the League Cup.

Don't forget the elusive QF of the League Cup.

COuldn't give a fuck about the diddy cup. Wouldn't want us gubbed at the first hurdle though as I think we're seeded and should be getting past a diddy team even if we've played just a day before.

Overall, thought we really did look like a side that has only been back in training a couple of weeks and played a couple of practice games.

Got the feeling we expected much of the same in the second half as we'd experienced in the first and got a bit of a shock at the way they approached things after the break. Our goal came as a bit of a surprise given the way play had been going, and it came as even more of a surprise that we allowed them back into it. As good a header as it was, there's no way the Shkendija boy should have been allowed the room to go for it like that.

Still difficult to work out how good this side are. An early goal would do a lot for us next week. I don't think we can afford to be chasing the game at any point.

I'd been saying McInnes was defensive but I don't think we can possibly play the type of football we usually do in that kind of heat. 4-4-1-1 was maybe the right way to play it given that if we'd played a 4-2-3-1 the front 4 wouldn't have been able to track back as much as normal leaving us very open to the counter.

Looking forward to a pretty full Pittodrie and playing our normal fitba next week.