Nk Siroki Brijeg 0 - 2 Aberdeen (1 - 3 On Agg)

I'd go with:

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Reynolds Shinnie

Tansey McLean

Stewart Christie GMS

Maynard

I think we'll go:

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine

Shinnie Tansey

Christie McLean GMS

Rooney

McInnes seems to be putting last night down to fitness but the reality is Considine is not a left back in a million years (and he's worse in the middle - can't believe some would drop Reynolds our only semi competent center half for him), Christie is not a winger and Rooney is hopeless unless a chance is laid on a plate for him which won't happen if there's no width.

• Downvote 1

He has dropped Rooney in Europa games in past, so he will likely do so again.

Guess he had to play him as he was scoring in the easy preseason games & 'should' have been closest to fitness/match sharpness of all the strikers we have but as we witnessed last night that really didn't pay off.

Maynard given the nod next week for me.

Even though this side were credited with great defending in last round, I don't think they are THAT great at the back. We WILL SCORE THERE

There is no way DMc can have O'C starting in defence. He'll be fine against the Killie's and Hamilton's of this world but against better teams he's going to get found out and Reynolds is fucking flappy bird without a partner that he works well with... One thing's for sure whatever the pairing is next week there'll will be quite a few tight sphincter's when they press forward... Mods might I request a "shiteing it" emoji/emoticon thingummyjig...

Temptation to drop Shinnie into left back but not sure mcinnes will do that. I think he'll go with the same team with the exception of Stewart in for Rooney.

Rooney was hopeless yesterday, outside the box he just isn't good enough v these better teams. Stockley hold up play is way better but I just couldn't trust him not to get sent off.

As bad as mclean was he'll not be dropped.

I can certainly see us scoring. Christie and GMS could cause them real problems. I worry about us getting hit down the wings if they don't track back though.

I'd go with:

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Reynolds Shinnie

Tansey McLean

Stewart Christie GMS

Maynard

I think we'll go:

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine

Shinnie Tansey

Christie McLean GMS

Rooney

McInnes seems to be putting last night down to fitness but the reality is Considine is not a left back in a million years (and he's worse in the middle - can't believe some would drop Reynolds our only semi competent center half for him), Christie is not a winger and Rooney is hopeless unless a chance is laid on a plate for him which won't happen if there's no width.

We have to score :sherlock: so lets do it early.

Lewis

Logan Considine Reynolds Shinnie

Tansey McLean

Wright Christie GMS

Stockley

-------------------------

Logan and Shinnie can double as wingbacks.

Lots of creativity from McLean and Christie, with Stockley the big target for the crosses from Wright and GMS.

Stewart could come on for Wright.

Rooney or Maynard on for Stockley.

O'Connor on for GMS if we can get a second over there.

I think Stockley will start. UP AND AT THEM

x240-Ykf.jpg

Could be a pretty decent game this return leg (provided these cunts don't fkn cheat & dive the whole game to try & time waste/get players sent off) as both sides are pretty decent

going forward & are pretty weak at the back.

Important thing for us is not to lose faith if we don't score early. Hell even if they score early it shouldn't bother us tooooooo much, as regardless, we are most likely going to need at least two goals to go through anyway. As I very much doubt our defence will keep a clean sheet.

Provided this is not ruined by ref (or them through unsporting shite) then there is very little chance of this being a 0-0 game

Lewis

Logan Reynolds Considine Shinnie

Christie McLean Tansey Mackay-Steven

Maynard

Rooney

If we're having success down the wings then we could effectively go 4-4-2. If we're not then Maynard could maybe drop back a little and link up to help the midfield to get crosses in to Rooney and himself if he can turn round and get himself in the box to make the most of any crosses and second balls. I presume Maynard is fairly quick so hopefully this shouldn't be too hard if he has a good game. Basically we would need Rooney and Maynard to be on the same page and close enough to each other most of the time so they can link up.

Unfortunately Stockley is a bit of a risk when it comes to the refereeing. It's not his fault and I feel sorry for him some of the time, but it's sad to say that some European referees would be conned by the antics of defenders falling to the floor under any challenge from him, especially at their home ground.

If things aren't working out up front, then sub whoever is having a hard time with Stewart or Stockley. Stockley if you feel brave or have slipped the ref £50 beforehand!