Aberdeen V Celtic

I'd rather we just got better players

There's little point pissing money away on 'better' players if the culture and mentality of the club is still to curl up into a ball any time they take on a perceived bigger club. Particularly with current planned (?) expenditure levels can we even afford to bring in significantly better players? 

I'd rather we brought in mentally tough players than supposedly better players. 

Given the choice between a Lee Richardson and a (on paper) better player like Sone Aluko I'd go for Richardson 100% of the time.  

I can fully recommend not watching our games. it doesn't affect the result and you don't have to endure such pish.

Imagine there'll be plenty current season ticket holders doing this next season. A worry for the club.

Biggest summer transfer window since McInnes took over. If he fucks it (again) he'll be gone by Christmas.

McInnes and his agent should have at least a cursory think about walking away this summer. Quite conceivable he could end up sacked off the back of a poor run of 3 or 4 games as a lot of the fans are starting to be minded towards a change

There's little point pissing money away on 'better' players if the culture and mentality of the club is still to curl up into a ball any time they take on a perceived bigger club. Particularly with current planned (?) expenditure levels can we even afford to bring in significantly better players?

I'd rather we brought in mentally tough players than supposedly better players.

Given the choice between a Lee Richardson and a (on paper) better player like Sone Aluko I'd go for Richardson 100% of the time.

Richardson was a much better player than Aluko so not a good example. I'm talking about bringing in a psychologist, better off with Russell Grant

Richardson was a much better player than Aluko so not a good example. I'm talking about bringing in a psychologist, better off with Russell Grant

I don't think Richardson was anywhere near as 'good' a player as Aluko in terms of ability, but that's individual perception so there's no point arguing that. 

What Richardson had that Aluko inarguably did not was a set of figurative balls, and that made him twice the asset of Aluko at what would likely be half the price of the Nigerian Prince. 

I don't think Richardson was anywhere near as 'good' a player as Aluko in terms of ability, but that's individual perception so there's no point arguing that.

What Richardson had that Aluko inarguably did not was a set of figurative balls, and that made him twice the asset of Aluko at what would likely be half the price of the Nigerian Prince.

Question is would a psychologist be able to de-arsehole Aluko? I doubt it. Would a psychologist de-useless May? Also doubt it. Could be wrong but not sure it's worth the effort.

Question is would a psychologist be able to de-arsehole Aluko? I doubt it. Would a psychologist de-useless May? Also doubt it. Could be wrong but not sure it's worth the effort.

Physically May is fine... the guy never stops running and hustling.  Putting the ball in the net, however... not so much. This leads me to believe much of his problems are psychological rather than physical. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that it's his head that needs fixed more than extra time on the training ground. 

Aluko you probably could never motivate, but the entire club was pure poison at that time, with the majority of players simply being Aberdeen players to pick up a pay cheque rather than try to win things like trophies or even matches. Aluko was top of that shit-pile in terms of not giving a fuck, which is an incredible amount of not giving a fuck when you consider how few fucks any of the rest of them seemed to give. 

Anyway, you know who IS a sports psychologist?

Lee Richardson. 

It's time to bring him home. 

"I never feared Celtic or Rangers and I didn’t show them respect "
  • Upvote 2

Physically May is fine... the guy never stops running and hustling. Putting the ball in the net, however... not so much. This leads me to believe much of his problems are psychological rather than physical. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that it's his head that needs fixed more than extra time on the training ground.

Aluko you probably could never motivate, but the entire club was pure poison at that time, with the majority of players simply being Aberdeen players to pick up a pay cheque rather than try to win things like trophies or even matches. Aluko was top of that shit-pile in terms of not giving a fuck, which is an incredible amount of not giving a fuck when you consider how few fucks any of the rest of them seemed to give.

Lee Richardson.

"I never feared Celtic or Rangers and I didn’t show them respect "

Ooft, I'll give you that. Just let him manage.

Physically May is fine... the guy never stops running and hustling.  Putting the ball in the net, however... not so much. This leads me to believe much of his problems are psychological rather than physical. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that it's his head that needs fixed more than extra time on the training ground. 

Lee Richardson. 

"I never feared Celtic or Rangers and I didn’t show them respect "

Great post Kelt

have kilmarnock got a better record in Glasgow than us this season?

And drop the "son" crap when you respond

1 Celtic  84pts

2 Rangers  75pts 

3 Kilmarnock  61pts 

4 Aberdeen  61pts

Killie are above us at the moment with a far smaller budget, that's all you need to know "son".

• Upvote 2