Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

Lolcatz Sotr. When I read that I thought no way is Steve Clarke at St Johnstone so Im guessing Wright had been sacked and its maybe former Don Chris Clark?

But hes too young and doesnt have an e at the end of Clark so its not him.

Then I thought Fuck me, maybe its Geoff Clarke who is a guy I used to work with , was doing his coaching badges ,had an e at the end of his surname AND is a massive St Johnstone fan!

BUT , then I remembered poor Geoff died of leukaemia 6 years ago so it cant be him either lol.

RIP Geoff Clarke. They broke the mould.

?

We got 100k for him

For Stockley

I think we were doing well as it is

We did aye.

But my thinking was/still is that with younger players we start pushing for sell on clauses with any we sell.

Just never know what might happen a year later or whatever.

Tbf, we rarely sold players over the last few years so the club will be learning

We did aye.

But my thinking was/still is that with younger players we start pushing for sell on clauses with any we sell.

Just never know what might happen a year later or whatever.

Tbf, we rarely sold players over the last few years so the club will be learning

For most clubs it seems to be the standard to include a sell on clause when they punt a player. Regardless of who or how good the player is because in today's market, with it being so ridiculous. You just never know.

We are really far from being 'most clubs' though. Even under the sensational guardianship

/guidance of the great messiah that is McInnes

McGoldrick signs for Sheff Utd, Waghorn to Derby for 8m. Yes 8m!

I thought Everton paying £50 million for a 5 goals in 41 games dud from Watford summed up the ridiculousness of the English game but £8 million for that useless, chip supper eating cunt takes the biscuit.

Obscene

I thought Everton paying £50 million for a 5 goals in 41 games dud from Watford summed up the ridiculousness of the English game but £8 million for that useless, chip supper eating cunt takes the biscuit.

Obscene

To be fair, he had a cracking season with Ipswich with 11 Assists and 16 goals.

£8 Million still too high, but shows the ridculouseness of the transfer market down south.

Well, he isn't or wasn't last season

See his stats?

Yeah, sure have. I've also saw him play. I've also saw other players in the league that've went for massive cash like Ross McCormack and Jordan Rhodes play. They're not very good either.

Transfer fees in England are mental. Average players are going for far, far more than they're worth because teams are so desperate to reach the EPL cash-cow promise land.

• Upvote 1

The issue people on here aren't grasping though is that "What they're worth" bit

They are going for what they ARE worth because that's the market

You just hear 8m and are thinking it's the 90s and that sounds huge

Its not, this is a downside to getting old!

No, even in an inflated market, £8 million is too much for someone as pish as Waghorn.

No, even in an inflated market, £8 million is too much for someone as pish as Waghorn.

8m is probably right for a striker in he champ that scored 16 goals last season. It is crazy but goes to underline 1)how difficult it is to compete for players in England and 2) how much value the cunts down south get from the SPL considering he was signed for 500k or some shite.

You put McKenna in the English championship and he's worth 15m nae bother.

Yeah, sure have. I've also saw him play. I've also saw other players in the league that've went for massive cash like Ross McCormack and Jordan Rhodes play. They're not very good either.

Transfer fees in England are mental. Average players are going for far, far more than they're worth because teams are so desperate to reach the EPL cash-cow promise land.

A lot of these fees given out by the media are sometimes over exaggerated.

I think it wis McCormack when he signed for Fulham or when they sold him to Villa,the papers were awash with £12 million fee.

But it came oot weeks later it was just nearly half that,think that's why a lot now say undisclosed sum.

Mind you still too high as you say.

The issue people on here aren't grasping though is that "What they're worth" bit

They are going for what they ARE worth because that's the market

You just hear 8m and are thinking it's the 90s and that sounds huge

Its not, this is a downside to getting old!

You're wrong yet again. In their 16/17 accounts they had their highest turn over, out with a parachute payment year, of 29 million. They can't afford to pay these sums. It's roughly like us paying 3.5 million for one player.

Take a break from the internet for a while FnD.

This is exactly the kind of snobbery & delusions of grandeur that make me persist with my shite.

Lol who the fk do you think you are? Really? You speak some amount of shite yourself but you actually believe the stuff you write is meaningful to others. Ha ha ha at least I admit I am taking the piss 99% of the time but you are a belieber

This is exactly the kind of snobbery & delusions of grandeur that make me persist with my shite.

Lol who the fk do you think you are? Really? You speak some amount of shite yourself but you actually believe the stuff you write is meaningful to others. Ha ha ha at least I admit I am taking the piss 99% of the time but you are a belieber

Ah right so you only pretend to be a fucking roaster. Gotcha. Carry on then.

What you just said had NOTHING to do with what I posted

Clown

You're clueless. If you are spending 34 million on wages on a turnover of 29 million, as Derby were in their last figures, 8 million IS a huge amount. But you seem to think it has nothing to do with it!

The argument wasn't can a team afford it

The argument was what 8m gets you these days

So, run along wee man

A player who is going to turn 29 during the current season, has had three seasons in his career where he has exceeded 10 goals. One at Leicester (12 in 43 appearances - English Championship, 9 years ago), one at Rangers (20 in 25 appearances - Scottish Championship) and one at Ipswich (16 in 44 appearances - English Championship).

£8m for him is indicative of fitba being fucked...

• Upvote 2