Aberdeen Airport

rumpus

Have you seen those ridiculous adverts / signs ?

Aberdeen:

Home of the Self-sealing envelope

Home of Spike the talking Cactus

Home of the Green Lady ghost at Crathes castle

etc, etc......

It's not much wonder people see us as parochial inbred sheep shaggers.

Bloody embarrassing.

Folk that queue to get on planes as soon as it's called to board are daft. It's not going to leave without you and you already have an allocated seat.

:clangers2:

I mind a few years ago when I was on a lads holiday, early morning flight so grabbing a sausage bap before I flew. Mate orders scrambled eggs. Must have queued for about half an hour for the food. As soon as we get it our flight is called. My mate just ditches his food and goes straight to the queue. He must have been one of the first there. Idiot. Rest of us just hung back and finished whatever we had.

• Upvote 1

Airports and airplanes make people act like morons.

- Utter confusion at why you've set the security gate off when you left coins in your pocket, your watch on and so on. Have to get patted down slowing down everything.

- Queuing at boarding gates before they are even called when you have allocated seats.

- Taking forever and a day to put anything in the overhead luggage.

- Standing up as soon as a seat belt signs go off even though the doors aren't open and everyone will get off in an orderly fashion.

So many things which people seem to be in a hurry about which slows down everything.

I dont actually mind aberdeen airport,

Much nicer than some i have been too,

Although it always baffles me that its probably the only Airport ever that you cant get a train to

Baffled me this.

I've searched for years and I've not found an airport less welcoming, less helpful, less friendly, with shiter food (and I've eaten at Warri airport!) and they have the most intrusive customs cunts with the daftest questions I've ever had the misfortune to answer with the cheek and disdain they deserve.

Please tell me where this utter shitehole of an airport you have been to is, I'd love to be able to say Aberdeen almostinnational airport is no longer the worst airport I've even had the misfortune of arriving in/departing from.

I used to use the Amsterdam - Aberdeen flight like a bus, back and forth most weekends. Even after explaining to the inbred neep faced customs cunt fae just ootside Inverurie several times that I in fact had two places I lived and with that didnt need clothes to travel he still couldnt quite grasp the concept of it all and continued to ask when my bags were and how I managed to travel without clothes. Thick, small minded, inbreds, its like arriving at Ibrox, just slightly less welcoming.

saying that I always seem to find the arsehole customs cunt no matter which airport I'm in.

Maybe its me

I think I've just had a revelation.

I need to go ponder my existence.

Ciampino in Rome is the worst airport ever.

No bar, and it's basically just cattle pens that everyone goes into and waits to board the plane.

Such a ridiculous airport and if you've been, you'll know it's the worst.

Is that the one Easyjet and Ryanair use? It's terrible.

The other one on the other hand is tremendous.

Baffled me this.

I've searched for years and I've not found an airport less welcoming, less helpful, less friendly, with shiter food (and I've eaten at Warri airport!) and they have the most intrusive customs cunts with the daftest questions I've ever had the misfortune to answer with the cheek and disdain they deserve.

Please tell me where this utter shitehole of an airport you have been to is, I'd love to be able to say Aberdeen almostinnational airport is no longer the worst airport I've even had the misfortune of arriving in/departing from.

I used to use the Amsterdam - Aberdeen flight like a bus, back and forth most weekends. Even after explaining to the inbred neep faced customs cunt fae just ootside Inverurie several times that I in fact had two places I lived and with that didnt need clothes to travel he still couldnt quite grasp the concept of it all and continued to ask when my bags were and how I managed to travel without clothes. Thick, small minded, inbreds, its like arriving at Ibrox, just slightly less welcoming.

saying that I always seem to find the arsehole customs cunt no matter which airport I'm in.

Maybe its me

I think I've just had a revelation.

I need to go ponder my existence.

Thought Dublin airport was by far the worst. Also didnt think much of CDG paris (actually preferred Bouvais even with its simplicity)

Also remember being bored out of my tits in Athens, Cant say i thought much of Edinburgh either but wouldnt say it was awful.

I was going via Belfast to Portugal last year (no direct flights from a Scotland on a Monday at the time) and it didn't have a bar open till midday. That was pretty poor.

Can't really think of any bad airport experiences other than being hungover to buggery on various trips.

Airports and airplanes make people act like morons.

- Utter confusion at why you've set the security gate off when you left coins in your pocket, your watch on and so on. Have to get patted down slowing down everything.

- Queuing at boarding gates before they are even called when you have allocated seats.

- Taking forever and a day to put anything in the overhead luggage.

- Standing up as soon as a seat belt signs go off even though the doors aren't open and everyone will get off in an orderly fashion.

So many things which people seem to be in a hurry about which slows down everything.

Agree with most of that. But I often stand up as soon as I can because I'm so uncomfortable having been sitting for so long.

Ciampino in Rome is the worst airport ever.

No bar, and it's basically just cattle pens that everyone goes into and waits to board the plane.

Such a ridiculous airport and if you've been, you'll know it's the worst.

The problem with flying to the UK from almost any airport is that as we're not Schengen we get bumped into an isolated little corner out of the way along with flights to Romania & other backwaters.

As an aside, Ciampino is being forced to close with all flights moving to Fumicino.

As a further aside, despite being Rome's second Airport, Ciampino is actually closer to central Rome than Fumicino.

There's no need to thank me for all this information.

CDG, Paris is a fukkin horrible place.

I've only been once, 12 years ago and on a one-way ticket, but I loved the place, and especially terminal 1. But then it was built at a time when the French were going pretty gung-ho with modernism. Bags of character unlike the soulless BAA airports in this country - the tunnels you go through that are like concrete caves are fantastic.

Koh Samui, now that's a cracking airport.

The problem with flying to the UK from almost any airport is that as we're not Schengen we get bumped into an isolated little corner out of the way along with flights to Romania & other backwaters.

As an aside, Ciampino is being forced to close with all flights moving to Fumicino.

As a further aside, despite being Rome's second Airport, Ciampino is actually closer to central Rome than Fumicino.

There's no need to thank me for all this information.

and thank fuk we are not.

• Upvote 1