Documentaries Thread

mcdougall(4)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 12:15 PM, The Buzzard said:

Still trawling through it too. Enjoying it but the episode in Scotland is shit. 

It was pretty poor. Liked the show on Mexico city when he interviewed the female journalist. Thinking back on what I've seen the Scottish one is probably one of the least memorable. Subject matter or expectations too high. Had too much of that English ponce for a start.

36 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

It was pretty poor. Liked the show on Mexico city when he interviewed the female journalist. Thinking back on what I've seen the Scottish one is probably one of the least memorable. Subject matter or expectations too high. Had too much of that English ponce for a start.

It also had Janey Godley on it, that woman's voice goes right through me. If anything, she even amped up her accent. 

There are so many good episodes. The ones where there is a wee bit of danger like, Beirut etc are the best. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Watched it tonight. Thought it was excellent.  Could easily have been twice the length though as it fair motored through some key periods. 

Still got a brilliant voice which is an absolute miracle. 

Brilliant eh. Wouldve liked more about The Byrds and CSNY could have a 3hr doc just about them. He was/is a tricky customer but what a talent. 

23 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Brilliant eh. Wouldve liked more about The Byrds and CSNY could have a 3hr doc just about them. He was/is a tricky customer but what a talent. 

Aye.  The state of him onstage with csn just before he ended up inside was unbelievable. Eyes were all over the place and his skin was a mess. Surprised he could stand up. 

I read the Johnny Rogan books about the Byrds. Requiem for the timeless. Hefty books mind you, about 1300 pages each. Great read though. Although once Clark and Crosby leave, my interest in the Byrds fades a fair bit. 

Read a good csny book recently, by David Browne.  Decent.  Haven't read the Peter Doggett one yet. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye.  The state of him onstage with csn just before he ended up inside was unbelievable. Eyes were all over the place and his skin was a mess. Surprised he could stand up. 

I read the Johnny Rogan books about the Byrds. Requiem for the timeless. Hefty books mind you, about 1300 pages each. Great read though. Although once Clark and Crosby leave, my interest in the Byrds fades a fair bit. 

Read a good csny book recently, by David Browne.  Decent.  Haven't read the Peter Doggett one yet. 

Good shout with the books. I’ll keep an eye out.

0fdcf8ce2196e9d88d510d22908aef9a.jpg

wan o meh heroes..thi callt the cunt hurricane billy in 70s cos ez short temper..e fired aff guns tae spook ez cest..widna git awa wi that noo wi aw thi chutny ferrets..auld skil liket peckinpah.. thir naewan like billy noo (mind eh goat  buzzard tae watch sorceror n e wiz blawn awa) 85yr auld noo ffs..cunt eh cid listen tae tis legend till xmas n beyond 9/10

• Dildo 1