Ridiculous Acts of Idiocy

Fridge

Marr is the best guitarist

Rourke the best bass player

Pretty much.

Rourke doesnt get the credit he deserves for his contribution to the sound of that band. He was fucking superb.

Agree with Hans comments. Ive been playing bass for 26yr and i’d say the best bassists make it look easy.

Its easy to blag basic bass guitar just as its easy to blag most things on a basic level. Its hard to be good at it.

James Jamerson/motown session weapon

Robbie Shakespeare/sly and robbie

Mcartney

Jah Wobble

Mani

Hooky

Foxton

John Paul Jones

Entwistle

Jack Bruce

Aston Barrett

Some of the big hitters in the game as far as im concerned.

What about 'Kingy' SR?. Has to be up there.

Hes actually my default answer whenever anyone asks who my fave is. He’s not but it allows me to play air bass under my chin whenever hes mentioned. All that slap stuff isnt my bag but nae doot he can play that thing. Level 42 is also always my default answer in a lift when asked ‘what floor’

There was a lad Vinnie from Kincorth, played with Morcheeba. Made the bass sound like a drum kit. Probably dead now.

Are you sure I Know the bassist from Morcheeba - Steve Gordon and he’s not from Kincorth.

Not seen him for a while right enough so he’s maybe moved on but he was seeing the singer when I played with him. But there probably have been a few different I’m the line up I’m sure.

Guest milne_afc

Are you sure I Know the bassist from Morcheeba - Steve Gordon and he’s not from Kincorth.

Not seen him for a while right enough so he’s maybe moved on but he was seeing the singer when I played with him. But there probably have been a few different I’m the line up I’m sure.

This would have been 16-17 year ago. Don't know if it was gigs or studio stuff, but he did play with them, I'm sure.

Yip Steve Gordon fae Cults (i think). Married to Skye, lead singer with morcheeba.

My ex is pals with him. Met them both once in the Holburn bar. Lovely couple. Big Calm was a good LP iirc.