Donside By-Election

cow

Anyone involved in this?

When are the results due in?

What's the script with some roundabout?

I trust Liebore will win this after all the press coverage of Scotlands party.

I'm in the area, haven't voted yet though.

I'd imagine we will get them tomorrow.

The haudagain roundabout is one of the worst in Scotland. Busy from all directions, massive queue's and many accidents. Some parties want to wait until the AWPR (Bypass) is done, others want to start now.

SNP will win at a canter I'd guess, traditional SNP stronghold

The haudagain roundabout is one of the worst in Scotland. Busy from all directions, massive queue's and many accidents. Some parties want to wait until the AWPR (Bypass) is done, others want to start now.

IS it a spiral roundabout?

Is it controlled by traffic lights?

Does it have awful bus lanes?

The count is in Bucksburn, if it wasn't past my bedtime I'd have went along to wave at the camera and speak to my NF buddies. :cool:

I'm hoping the braveheart fans don't put up anymore hand painted saltires, will be out with the lighter fluid and lighter tomorrow night if they have.

Fair play to the woman outside Tesco in Danestone standing with a UKIP sign, I'd have voted for them if I could have been arsed using my vote.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Snp won the seat but massively lost their majority. People are beginning to see the fascist behaviour of the snp at last.

I'm involved in a dispute with some snp prick who keeps putting snp saltires up around dyce. I'm going out before work in the morning and ripping them down. Snp aren't too dissimilar to the Assad regime. Scum, their voters are disposable racists.

• Downvote 4

It's a show for TA members up here to show how patriotic they are.

Total bollocks.

Politics have nothing to do with Football.

And oddjob, why do you not think we could survive on our own? The last figures that came out in 2011/12 showed that Scotland’s finances were stronger than the UK’s as a whole by £4.4 billion.

Nae exactly chum change.

However, maybe that's not the debate that is suitable for this thread.

I just hate it when people say they are voting No "just cuz"

This is one of the most important decisions that will ever be made in our country and some people can't even bother their arses to look into it properly.

And all because they dislike a few people that wear feathers in funny hats at the fitba.

Sad.

• Upvote 8

Nhs Grampian spend 500m a year so that's already a sizeable chunk gone. History has proved that Aberdeen is used to subsidise the central belt. This disgusts me and is why I dislike Salmond. Lexus driving, massive chinned pricks down there.

Aye I'm in a mood

• Downvote 1

Nhs Grampian spend 500m a year so that's already a sizeable chunk gone. History has proved that Aberdeen is used to subsidise the central belt. This disgusts me and is why I dislike Salmond. Lexus driving, massive chinned pricks down there.

Aye I'm in a mood

We are already effectively independent in terms of how NHS Scotland is run so I took those figures to be after heatlh service spending.

Karl, it isn't total bollocks. I have witnessed it, and many others have also!

For every William Wallace FREEEEEEDOOOOM Tartan Army member there's a Union Flag waving, God Save the Queen loving hun.

You can't have a pop at just one side on this count.

Edit: Wrong quote. @ BRipod.

• Upvote 3

Im undecided how I will vote at the moment but after the shambles of the Sevco saga I can understand why people are suspicious. The SNP looked to help the Huns even though they'd been pulling a fast one for years. The SFA themselves have seen me lose faith in the Scotland national squad such is their barefaced contempt for other football fans in this country.

So the question for me isnt whether Scotland can run itself, its whether we are ready to run our country ourselves. At this moment in time I have more faith in a bunch of pricks at Westminster than I do in a bunch a central belt biased pricks in Holyrood.

MANY ACCIDENTS?

Roberto is right.

I don't feel patriotic in the slightest, I'm about as proud to be Scottish as I am of having brown hair or being 5"9 - don't see the sense of being proud of something you haven't achieved.

A hoor of a lot of TA members don't have a clue and will vote with their hearts over their heads in some cases.

I'm still probably in the yes camp at present however my decision will be made objectively rather than out of some weird sense of patriotic duty.

aye its all about me, me, me, me.

im worried about some on here who think they are some sort of modern day braveheart.

just look how worked up karl gets on here. and cow.

im nae being a prick but these two cunts know fuck all about politics.

so do i. [even folk like fat toad salmond arent actually that clued up on the subject matter.]

but the difference is i realsise that i know very little about it.

Im nae decided, but I wont say NO because of the TA, obviously a large % of the TA want independence, I laugh at all these people who think they are politicaly aware, they vote during elections knowing little or nothing about local issues and base their votes on the media frenzy at these times, they know as much now about politics as they do during general or local elections, we just dont pay attention, maybe to the soundbites we pick up here/there. the question I have is why should Scotland not stand-alone? why would it fail? would it really effect our life in the NE? at least the Scottish people could vote on our own countries issues, anyone listening to Nigel Fuckage last week should relasie the largest % of twats like him, know little or nothing about Scotland or its people.

• Upvote 1

Karl, it isn't total bollocks. I have witnessed it, and many others have also!

I've witnessed it as well.

But just because Cove Sheep is walking about with a glengarry and knocking on doors it doesn't mean it has anything do with the TA or fitba in general.

Fitba/the huns/the SFA/Scotland fans should not even be used in the same breath as this debate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Im nae decided, but I wont say NO because of the TA, obviously a large % of the TA want independence, I laugh at all these people who think they are politicaly aware, they vote during elections knowing little or nothing about local issues and base their votes on the media frenzy at these times, they know as much now about politics as they do during general or local elections, we just dont pay attention, maybe to the soundbites we pick up here/there. the question I have is why should Scotland not stand-alone? why would it fail? would it really effect our life in the NE? at least the Scottish people could vote on our own countries issues, anyone listening to Nigel Fuckage last week should relasie the largest % of twats like him, know little or nothing about Scotland or its people.

I'm not sure if central belt rule would have people representing Aberdeen any better than Central Belt rule. So you might have twats like Farage who know little about Scotland or its people, but then you also have twats at Holyrood that know little or nothing about the North East and its people.

I don't feel any more or less Scottish than British apart from when it comes to sporting competition, then I am more Scottish. When it comes down to it, I will be voting on one premise and one premise only. Whichever side gives the arguments that I believe will lead to a better life for myself and Aberdeen in general.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I'm not sure if central belt rule would have people representing Aberdeen any better than Central Belt rule. So you might have twats like Farage who know little about Scotland or its people, but then you also have twats at Holyrood that know little or nothing about the North East and its people.

I don't feel any more or less Scottish than British apart from when it comes to sporting competition, then I am more Scottish. When it comes down to it, I will be voting on one premise and one premise only. Whichever side gives the arguments that I believe will lead to a better life for myself and Aberdeen in general.

I agree, thats why its nonsense when peole say...im a NO, just because of the tartan army! or billy my mate with no idea said no....thats as stupid as voting yes because of Archie Gemmils goal in 78', theres a debate to be had, and TBH, im not sure who to trust on this, im not convinved the NE will be any better off than it is now? for example we can argue union street is a shithole, however union square and other progressive "malls" have been the issue, is this down to poor government from the UK? can we trust the SNP?