Ryan Hedges

Inconsistent and potentially injury prone according to one source I've read. 

Whether that's true or not, though that tends to be the market we're in, by most accounts he's a good player. 

Looks skillful and athletic, which already puts him in a class above most journeymen and hammer-throwing cunts in the SPFL. 

If he is clever enough to steer clear of the inevitable attention he'll get from lunatics like Brown and McGregor he should do well up here. Not rocket science. 

Guest milne_afc

39 seconds into his promo vid before anything resembling a worthy assist. Hedges = fruitless.

Lightweight show pony imho. He'll be great at home against the shite, though.

Mcinnes probably has a 1 in 3 signing rate that is 'acceptable' so I would assume that this lad will be the best of the 3 latest signings.

He would have to be pretty fkn shite not to be.

Ball will be in amongst the next 3, so let's hope he isn't the pick of that bunch.

Then of course there is still the chance we could sign GMS again

I know Ball wasnt ideal at CB but I think McInnes still saw him as defensive cover - so could Ashley signing mean Ball won't be brought back?

Or will we just grab another big clogger while we can and stick him in midfield?

Ball situation has gone strangely quiet (although it seems contracts in England can run through to the end of June unlike in Scotland where most run out end of May). Ball's versatility is useful in that he can cover defensive mid, central defence and right back. Despite many on here, and other forums writing him off as pap, he was one of our most consistent players last season and one of the most utilised.

The Motherwell midfielder we were linked with earlier in the week might mean that we are looking elsewhere...he'd certainly be a cheaper option than Ball who is likely to want wages around that he was getting in the Championship at Rotherham. But not sure if he could provide the cover options that Ball would give us. 

Ball situation has gone strangely quiet (although it seems contracts in England can run through to the end of June unlike in Scotland where most run out end of May). Ball's versatility is useful in that he can cover defensive mid, central defence and right back. Despite many on here, and other forums writing him off as pap, he was one of our most consistent players last season and one of the most utilised.

The Motherwell midfielder we were linked with earlier in the week might mean that we are looking elsewhere...he'd certainly be a cheaper option than Ball who is likely to want wages around that he was getting in the Championship at Rotherham. But not sure if he could provide the cover options that Ball would give us.

We've got Ash, sign a full back and we don't need the cover options.

I've nothing against Ball, I think he's ok, but we do need a more mobile replacement for Shinnie imo.

Wonder if Hibs were interested in Hedges since their manager (feckinarse) signed him at Barnsley.

If so ha ha on them. If not, why not? (That could be worrying)

Also I see Barnsley are interested in Turnbul from Well now. Did they want to keep Hedges or was there no contract renewal offer?

All questions that would be nice to know answers to but doubt we will get.

If he's as good as an on form GMS then happy days. Anything less is a bit shit tbh.

• Downvote 1

Wonder if Hibs were interested in Hedges since their manager (feckinarse) signed him at Barnsley.

If so ha ha on them. If not, why not? (That could be worrying)

Also I see Barnsley are interested in Turnbul from Well now. Did they want to keep Hedges or was there no contract renewal offer?

All questions that would be nice to know answers to but doubt we will get.

If he's as good as an on form GMS then happy days. Anything less is a bit shit tbh.

Hibs were seemingly interested according to my pal who supports them.