Out Of Contract

Ayr confirming Aberdeen were 'great to deal with' so possibly a very small fee or more likely a sell on clause if he moves to a bigger club in the next two years (including on a 'free' transfer in two years).

I dont think this is likely but could this be a make weight for Lawrence Shankland - he is not on a free transfer for a move within Scotland this summer (only cross border).

The comment that 'bla bla bla made this an easy decision for Aberdeen bla bla bla' is a bit random. This is not a loan......

can you post a link please... I can't see anything on the official website.

@@daytripping - any comment?

Defender Sam Roscoe joins the Honest Men from Aberdeen.

Ian McCall has moved to make his first signing of the summer transfer window by adding Aberdeen defender Sam Roscoe to the Ayr United squad.

Roscoe, who turns 21 on Sunday, has been a mainstay of the Dons development squad and last season gained valuable Championship experience while at loan at Alloa Athletic. Standing at 6ft 5in, Sam made 25 appearances alongside Andy Graham at the heart of the Wasps’ defence as Jim Goodwin’s side defied the odds to avoid relegation.

Manchester-born Roscoe, who joined the Dons from Blackpool in 2016, impressed during his time at the Indodrill Stadium, the left-sided centre-back showing excellent positional play and composure on the ball.

Ian said: “Sam is a left sided centre back who has a serious presence about him. We needed a replacement for Michael Rose and Sam is a different type of player. He has played almost a full season at Championship level and did very well. We have got him on a 2 year contract and are absolutely delighted to get the deal over the line.

Aberdeen have been fantastic to deal with and the process for Aberdeen and Sam must have been made easier when they see how well Lawrence, Michael and Daniel have done.”

Jack McKenzie signs a new two year deal. Great news for Jack. You'll struggle to find a more determined player.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/06/17/development-dons-jack-mackenzie-sign-new-deal/

Without slating your opinion here, the same could have been said for the whole of Mackies career

Joking aside though, I trust your opinions on the youth players more than most one here.

June 2019

Gary Mackay-Steven

June 2020

Tomas Cerny
Danny Rogers
Stephen Gleeson
Frank Ross*

Derek McInnes
Tony Docherty

June 2021

Shay Logan*
Ash Taylor
Andrew Considine*

Michael Devlin
Scott Wright
Dean Campbell
Ethan Ross
Connor McLennan
Bruce Anderson
Niall McGinn
Stevie May

June 2022

Ryan Hedges
Sam Cosgrove

June 2023

Scott McKenna

June 2024

Lewis Ferguson
Joe Lewis

* club holds option to extend by 1 year

Development Players (where a contract length has been announced)

Luc Bollan - May 2020

Jack MacKenzie - May 2021

Without slating your opinion here, the same could have been said for the whole of Mackies career

Joking aside though, I trust your opinions on the youth players more than most one here.

As said, Jack's a really determined, combative defender, but no lack of ability on the ball too. I'd think he'd be a right pain in the arse to play against. Had a pretty bad time of it with injury a couple of years ago, and could have packed it all in as he's very academic but really wanted to give the football a go. I'd love to see him rewarded with a few first team opportunities. I doubt he'd let anyone down.

As said, Jack's a really determined, combative defender, but no lack of ability on the ball too. I'd think he'd be a right pain in the arse to play against. Had a pretty bad time of it with injury a couple of years ago, and could have packed it all in as he's very academic but really wanted to give the football a go. I'd love to see him rewarded with a few first team opportunities. I doubt he'd let anyone down.

I know it's hardly a good way to tell but thought he was superb against Locos last year when I saw him.