The Ryan Fraser Clause

What's ironic about it?

Irony [noun] 

/ˈʌɪrəni/

Defintion a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result.
plural noun: ironies
"the irony is that I thought he could help me"

Seems fairly clear to me why getting more from Ryan Fraser's transfer than the sale of McKenna would fit the definition of irony.

We're acting like complete minks over this "sell on clause"...lets not forget that Fraser was effectively forced out of the club with the GWT's £400 a week wages offer...it was a bad call made by a man who had no idea about the modern game...pure and simple.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

We're acting like complete minks over this "sell on clause"...lets not forget that Fraser was effectively forced out of the club with the GWT's £400 a week wages offer...it was a bad call made by a man who had no idea about the modern game...pure and simple.

So we should say sorry to the boy awa to earn 50k a week and tell him to keep the 5mil we will be due?

In the grand scheme of the modern football world, we are the minks I'm afraid.

Lets hope Bournemouth does not get creative and a do a player plus cash swap. ie Harry Wilson etc.   The other variable is what happens if Tottenham makes a swoop for Wilson and Brooks would Fraser still be available.  Should be interesting to see how this plays out...  Hopefully some of this potential cash is reinvested in first team if a deal goes thru.