Europe Qualification

Is that us guaranteed European qualification, subject to "Watery Farts" not winning Scottish Cup?

If so fingers crossed we get a better draw this year that gives us a chance of lasting a few rounds.

Is that us guaranteed European qualification, subject to "Watery Farts" not winning Scottish Cup?

If so fingers crossed we get a better draw this year that gives us a chance of lasting a few rounds.

No point in getting excited if we do qualify for Europe next season. Getting papped out before the group stages by a random team from a random league (I.E Burnley) does not do it for me anymore

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

No point in getting excited if we do qualify for Europe next season. Getting papped out before the group stages by a random team from a random league (I.E Burnley) does not do it for me anymore

That’s the spirit

It's hard to see anything else happening.  We'll basically be fielding a team of players who've never played with each other before.

You never know for once we might get lucky in the draws, and for once McInnes gets a couple good signings in early..

Not holding my breath

Even if the signings are quality, it's a lot to ask of what will be a completely unrecognisable team next season.  As I mentioned above, half the team won't have played together before...

Strangely enough it probably benefited the huns going in at an earlier round last season. Highly likely now that we will have to rely on Celtic now. The huns will lie down to their Ayrshire cousins on the last day. Wouldn’t surprise me if Gerrard played an u18 team.

The club say that European football is essential every season but does anyone know how much money we have actually made from it the last few seasons ?? Can’t be much.

Even if the signings are quality, it's a lot to ask of what will be a completely unrecognisable team next season.  As I mentioned above, half the team won't have played together before...

Never really stopped sevco from putting together a Euro run that we could only dream about. Had the draws been reversed....they would have been papped out by Burnley. We might have survived a couple of rounds but doubt we would have got anywhere near the group stages

I want us to qualify for europe.

I want us to finish 3rd and do it without any helping hand so hoping we can get the three points on Friday!

As things stand we might likely benefit from a seeding in R1 and R2 so it would be a major blow to miss out when weve worked so hard to gain the seeding

COYR

Strangely enough it probably benefited the huns going in at an earlier round last season. Highly likely now that we will have to rely on Celtic now. The huns will lie down to their Ayrshire cousins on the last day. Wouldn’t surprise me if Gerrard played an u18 team.

The club say that European football is essential every season but does anyone know how much money we have actually made from it the last few seasons ?? Can’t be much.

Lots more than we would have made playing East Fife and Cowdenbeath.

The European home games the last few summers have seen crowds of 15-20k.

Europa Prize money is something like 250k per round at our starting stage so even if we were to win the two ties we would be seeded for then get knocked out its still 750k we wouldn't have if playing in the shitey league cup groups.

Happy to finish 4th and enter a round or 2 earlier providing Celtic win the cup. Will give the squad a chance to gel against so called lesser teams. Far rather be playing a competive game in Europe than a friendly against Peterhead or cove!

All Scottish teams enter at the first round of qualifying next season so no advantage to finishing higher in the league or qualifying through the cup as there has been in previous years.

The list of teams in this spreadsheet in this link is updated every week.  As you can see we (if we qualify for Europe) are due to be seeded in both QR1 and QR2 this time but when you see the likes of AC Milan, Feyenoord, AEK Athens and Spartak Moscow are entering in either QR2 or QR3 it shows how difficult getting to the group stage is becoming

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=FB41E3B5AA1A44FE!749&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!ABpBPcJdkZxPl7M

• Upvote 1

The list of teams in this spreadsheet in this link is updated every week.  As you can see we (if we qualify for Europe) are due to be seeded in both QR1 and QR2 this time but when you see the likes of AC Milan, Feyenoord, AEK Athens and Spartak Moscow are entering in either QR2 or QR3 it shows how difficult getting to the group stage is becoming

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=FB41E3B5AA1A44FE!749&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!ABpBPcJdkZxPl7M

cool..but why do TNS have more points than us? Thats ludicrous.

Aye I suppose you're right. Also we should just withdraw from the league. Not as if we're going to win it or anything.

• Upvote 2

The huns will want to beat Killie on the last day. Bad blood between those clubs after recent events. Killie have halved their ticket allocation for the game and the orcs are up in arms about it. And their fans hate Clarke and will no doubt chant all sorts of sectarian abuse at him again.

Gerrard is on 5 league wins in a row now he will want to finish the season very strongly with another 2 wins. They will not lie down to anybody especially Killie.

Eh?

couldn’t care less about finishing 3rd or 4th but obviously want European qualification.

Hadn’t realised that all Scottish teams enter round 1 regardless of 3rd or 4th.

I don’t mind starting in round 1 as I think a competitive game against hopefully a poorer team than ourselves is much better prep than a friendly against a highland league side.

No interest in who wins the cup but if we finish 4th obviously need Celtic to win the cup to get into Europe.

Entering at the 1st round is probably better in some respects. It's an extra couple of games against inferior opposition to get new players bedded in and the returning players sharper

I doubt we'll face as strong a team as Burnley in the 2nd round again.

3rd onwards it's fingers crossed for a top team for the craic or a shite team to progress

Should we confirm qualification, QR1 is definitely better for us.   It starts around the time of the Betfred groups anyway, so no having to start pre-season three or four weeks before everyone else.

There is a preliminary round before that - but getting seeded there gives the team 180 minutes of competititve fitba in the lungs, which can be Daugava-like easy - or a Fola/Shkendija minefield.   This definitely helped us beat the seeded Groningen, Rijeka and Venstpils (although f**k knows how the latter were seeded).

Sevco qualified by disposing of Maribor in QR3, which is something we should have done - but no other Scottish club had done on three previous occasions.

Their 'hard' play-off round draw was against opposition from Bashkortostan - and they landed lucky there, in that Ufa were beatable in the way that an establised Russian League club like Zenit, CSKA or even Krasnodar maybe wouldn't have been.