Out Of Contract

Read an article that was the same. Also factor in much more traveling over greater distances in a 46 match league season, as you say can be a burden on a young family.

If Shinnie is offered 6k a week by us (just guessing) but his next highest is say 7.5k by Wigan, once your knock off higher rate tax and factor in all the other negatives is it worth it? Or do you gamble and hope to get a move to a bigger team.

Tax rate is higher in Scotland than England now. Move his young family to Wigan and within 6 months end up on loan at Kilmarnock and leave them in Wigan while he is in Kilmarnock is not ideal. 

Read an article that was the same. Also factor in much more traveling over greater distances in a 46 match league season, as you say can be a burden on a young family.

If Shinnie is offered 6k a week by us (just guessing) but his next highest is say 7.5k by Wigan, once your knock off higher rate tax and factor in all the other negatives is it worth it? Or do you gamble and hope to get a move to a bigger team.

Yeah, going away on a Friday night and not back to late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, the maybe heading away again Monday or Tuesday for the same time period caused a lot of grief. Wives etc having little family support and friends nearby won't help.

I'm sure Craig Bryson's mrs is back living in her home town as she was alone a lot of the time (might have been when he was in loan)

Tax rate is higher in Scotland than England now. Move his young family to Wigan and within 6 months end up on loan at Kilmarnock and leave them in Wigan while he is in Kilmarnock is not ideal.

Aye, I was meaning that a grand and a half more is only £850/900 or so once you take off higher rate tax.

I would imagine Wigan would offer closer to 10k a week.

It just seems to be going the same way as the Jack rumours, a few folk in the know repeating it's happening, everyone else adamant it won't.

I'm sure Shinnie does have a lot of general affection for our club and he has represented us well but is that going to stop him signing for them if they offer more money? If his only 3 options are Aberdeen, rangers and Wigan then I think it will be between Aberdeen and rangers for his signature. Kenny McLean seems to have run into good form with Norwich so maybe other clubs in championship will be looking at where he's come from and like the look of Shinnie?

It just seems to be going the same way as the Jack rumours, a few folk in the know repeating it's happening, everyone else adamant it won't.

I'm sure Shinnie does have a lot of general affection for our club and he has represented us well but is that going to stop him signing for them if they offer more money? If his only 3 options are Aberdeen, rangers and Wigan then I think it will be between Aberdeen and rangers for his signature. Kenny McLean seems to have run into good form with Norwich so maybe other clubs in championship will be looking at where he's come from and like the look of Shinnie?

Were they?

If you look back I think you'd find most if not everyone expected it?

If Shinnie signs for the hun I'd feel dirty keeping my current username. I'd have to delete my account and come back with a different username which definitely will not be one that refers to a current player! :-)

You could either hope for his brother to sign for us or just pretend to really like one of the RedTV commentators?

Richard Gordon has said a few times now that the offer to Shinnie is highest in the clubs history. Does seem surprising to be on more than hignett and jess? Highest in mcinnes era is certainly believable

Don’t we lay out more on wages but less on fees now? Would probably need someone to geek out and compare wage bills over the years I suppose.......arsed?

I have absolutely no doubt we could stretch to £10k/week if we were absolutely desperate for a player's services. The problem for us would be that other players in the squad would demand a similar fee when their contracts came up for renewal. Right now the 2 most obvious would be McKenna....Scotland regular now.....but who has recently signed a new contract so we are protected from him doing it for a while, and Joe who has 16 months left on his and who will be entering contract negotiations in the summer. And who most definitely could get an offer from an English Championship club on around that figure. Stewart's agent might also try it on if we want to get him in permanently though in view of the fact anyone could have signed him permanently for free 18 months ago if they agreed to take over his £6k/week Birmingham wages and no one bit suggests he won't be in too much demand (if his form is good for us till season's end I could see sevco taking a punt on him and telling his agent they would beat any offer we made just to deprive us of him)