Us Open - Tennis

This kicked off yesterday

Kyle Edmund had a great win against Richard Gasquet, its probably the best match he's ever played. Gasquet got spanked in three sets.

Murray is favourite with some bookies, I assume its because Djokovic doesn't look to be at his best and is carrying a wrist injury. Murray starts today against Lukas Rosol. If its not Murray I would love to see Del Potro win it.

If Murray wins this he'll have had an exceptional season. All 4 finals - 2 wins and Olympic gold.

Even if he doesn't he's had an awesome year.

Some boy.

Since he won the US Open, it's actually been his worst Grand Slam. Hopefully he's recovered sufficiently from a tough summer - he looked shattered in Cincinnati.

If he makes the final, I think he'll be only the 5th player in history to make every final in a calendar year.

Will he?

We'll see how he pulls up after a tough last few months.

He's got a great draw... Potentially Nishikori in the QF, then Wawrinka/Del Potro in the SF. However, he's struggled at the US Open in recent years - hasn't been passed the QF since 2012.

It's really weird... in his early career, all his best results were on the American Hard Court circuit... but since he won the big one in 2012, he's been poor on the US hard courts. His best results since then have been on clay and grass! I think he maybe took his eye off the ball and started concentrating on improving elsewhere.

We'll see how he pulls up after a tough last few months.

He's got a great draw... Potentially Nishikori in the QF, then Wawrinka/Del Potro in the SF. However, he's struggled at the US Open in recent years - hasn't been passed the QF since 2012.

It's really weird... in his early career, all his best results were on the American Hard Court circuit... but since he won the big one in 2012, he's been poor on the US hard courts. His best results since then have been on clay and grass! I think he maybe took his eye off the ball and started concentrating on improving elsewhere.

Djokovic I reckon is play acting with this wrist injury thing.

Murray to win. :trophy:

Djokovic I reckon is play acting with this wrist injury thing.

Murray to win. :trophy:

Exactly, he's got previous for faking injury. Really annoying actually cause if he gets beat the excuse is there, instead of the fact the opponent was probably playing amazing, they get no credit from the media in the end

Incredible that Djokovic has been awarded his second walk-over in a row!

Also, Cilic (who beat Murray in the Cincinnati final) has just been knocked out! He was scheduled to meet Djokovic in the QF.

Djokovic has hardly hit a ball this time around and is through to the 4th round already - doesn't have to face much until an out of sorts Nadal in the SF!

This tournament has been gift-wrapped.

Incredible that Djokovic has been awarded his second walk-over in a row!

Also, Cilic (who beat Murray in the Cincinnati final) has just been knocked out! He was scheduled to meet Djokovic in the QF.

Djokovic has hardly hit a ball this time around and is through to the 4th round already - doesn't have to face much until an out of sorts Nadal in the SF!

This tournament has been gift-wrapped.

Yeah just saw that now about Djokovic, talk about pure luck

Murray now a break up in the fourth... should be able to see this out from here.

Very poor performance over the first two sets. He's been outplayed by Lorenzi for much of this match - but has dug in. I think over 5-sets it has to be an absolute mammoth effort to knock over Murray.

Worrying signs going into the Dimitrov match. Dimitrov is one of the best technicians on tour - capable of beating anyone, but also prone to imploding. He looked in very good form in Cincinnati. A big danger.