Pet Hates

StandFree1982

Appraisals

3 achievable goals in the next year

Turgid

Truly the most pointless box ticking shite ever created.

When I worked for a company that shall remain nameless but rhymes with "hell", I did next to nothing.  In 2 years of working there I would say I maybe did at most a month of actual work.  It wasn't through laziness either, there was just fuck all to do.  My first appraisal came along and I was sure I'd be getting crucified.  Got told I was being put forward for the highest pay rise they could get me and to keep up the good work.

I will never understand why they ran into the difficulties they did.

Truly the most pointless box ticking shite ever created.

When I worked for a company that shall remain nameless but rhymes with "hell", I did next to nothing.  In 2 years of working there I would say I maybe did at most a month of actual work.  It wasn't through laziness either, there was just fuck all to do.  My first appraisal came along and I was sure I'd be getting crucified.  Got told I was being put forward for the highest pay rise they could get me and to keep up the good work.

I will never understand why they ran into the difficulties they did.

You worked at Taco Bell?

Once worked somewhere where a big fat lad collapsed on the stairwell on the top floor. As he was lying there his mobile phone slipped out his shirt pocket and went down between 3 flights of stairs smashing to bits at the bottom.

The place was swarming with High Vizzers within minutes and a full investigation concluded you shouldn't carry your mobile or anything not secured in your top pocket.

Think the lads still lying there like!

And it will globally affect your bonus because it is your fault some dick at the other side of the world can’t negotiate a set of stairs.

Fit the fuck are you wanting me to do, premeditate it was going to happen, fly across and train him how to not be a spastic to save a LTI.

One of the companies I used to work at had "Record 1 Safety moment a week" as an achievable goal. And "Do timesheets".

Basically, a load of nonsense.

My last work I had two of the same goals every year.

Record hours in a timely manner (submit your timesheet on a Friday) and deliver one safety moment throughout the year. Usually forwarded on one I would get from a vendor to the department via email.

I only had to have 3 or 4 targets - absolute waste of time.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? And the look of disbelief when you told them you had no interest in progressing up the ladder.

My last work I had two of the same goals every year.

Record hours in a timely manner (submit your timesheet on a Friday) and deliver one safety moment throughout the year. Usually forwarded on one I would get from a vendor to the department via email.

I only had to have 3 or 4 targets - absolute waste of time.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? And the look of disbelief when you told them you had no interest in progressing up the ladder.

It's just a massive box ticking exercise.

It's the equivalent of doing chores at home for pocket money as a child.