Where Are They Now

Unfortunately appears that to be an aberdeen fan you have had to come from Aberdeen and for some that’s that, surely you would be happy with support coming out with the region as we are already not a massively supported club and surely my money is just as good as everybody else’s, quite frankly it’s shameful behaviour!, funny thing is il go to about 15 games a season and give the club money for red tv, and always get a home and away strip every year,that’s more money for the dons rather than going in the pocket of Kilmarnock or the arse cheeks who geographically are closest to me, the keyboard warriors should give it up anyway because there opinion won’t make a jot of difference wether I attend or not so there wasting there own breath(fingers)

Good post. Given my age (late 30's) I was too young to remember the Fergie era much, but in the Smith/Scott era, we had a great travelling support, particularly Central Belt, who were pivotal in our blistering away form (IIRC, we had the most away league wins in Europe one year - 14 in total). While I think the Club has - and must retain - a local identity, the contribution of our support outside the catchment area has been immense over the years.

In all the time I lived in England, I didn't meet many who supported a Scottish team outwith the gruesome twosome, but many, many neutrals had a great respect for AFC, especially Man Utd fans, going back to Denis Law / Martin Buchan era fans. You can't buy that respect.

I'll be honest, I think you should support your local team or at least follow the same team as your parents. Football loses something when folk just go about choosing who they support. It shouldn't be optional. I haven't given either of my kids a choice and I trust that they won't give any to their kids.

Buts that’s the problem bud, not everybody’s life is the same !, what happens when you don’t have parents?, and nowhere is “local” cause you’ve moved 20 places before your ten?,not everything is black and white, and because of that il chose to support whoever a feel like supporting, because funnily enough it gives you a sense of home, even family when your in Pittodrie celebrating with your fellow fan!.

Buts that’s the problem bud, not everybody’s life is the same !, what happens when you don’t have parents?, and nowhere is “local” cause you’ve moved 20 places before your ten?,not everything is black and white, and because of that il chose to support whoever a feel like supporting, because funnily enough it gives you a sense of home, even family when your in Pittodrie celebrating with your fellow fan!.

You sound like a hun to me if that helps?

I'll be honest, I think you should support your local team or at least follow the same team as your parents. Football loses something when folk just go about choosing who they support. It shouldn't be optional. I haven't given either of my kids a choice and I trust that they won't give any to their kids.

What if youre not born in aberdeen but grew up there supporting the dons but youre not 100% aberdonian?
Guest the shepherd

Everyone has parents min whether they are biological, adoptive, foster, or surrogate parents.