#1 ONLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,878 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:18 PM

Apparently McInnes is keen on Livvie's Scott Pittman to replace Shinnie.

Livi fans on P&B saying the Dons have made some initial contact which was dismissed out of hand.

Contract until summer 2020 so would not be straightforward

Craig Bryson & Paul Coutts = the dream team

#2 OFFLINE   boboisared

boboisared

Part-timer

• Members
  • 15,931 posts
  • Joined 28-August 06

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:21 AM

Livi fans on P&B saying the Dons have made some initial contact which was dismissed out of hand.

Well it is, isn't it? We offer what Livi want or we don't get him.

:roids: The Official AFC-Chat 'Lay Off The Roids' Club - In conjunction with Tup's Corner   :roids:

• Peterheid Loon - Review never
  • Sheepish Kev - Review once he has his dream of Rangers being back in the top flight of Scottish football.
  • Tyrant - Review once he superglues a dildo to someone's car bonnet.
  • Tup - Once he apologises to Brian from Bergen for his reaction to him offering genuine advice ahead of his big date.

Folk Dayts is intolerant of

• ​Polish accordionists
  • Pro Independence folk
  • Folk trying to make other folk aware of cancer
  • Those God damn Arabs
  • Joggers who don't wear jeans
  • Shoplifters
  • Lads

#3 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 34,309 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

Haha kaBOOM

#4 OFFLINE   CalgaryDon

CalgaryDon

MontrealDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:25 PM

Jake Hastie of Motherwell is out of contract at the end of the season. From his recent form he looks like he could develop into a really good player. Worth a look?

Hackett is also out of contract this summer - I've read a number of posters on here seem to think he's one to look at. Personally I'd like to see us make Hoban permanent.

Chris Cadden is also out of contract this summer. A player McInnes has attempted to sign in the past.

#5 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 14,725 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:27 PM

Or we buy out his contract and tell them to go and fuck themselves.

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#6 ONLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 17,878 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:40 PM

Jake Hastie of Motherwell is out of contract at the end of the season. From his recent form he looks like he could develop into a really good player. Worth a look?

Hackett is also out of contract this summer - I've read a number of posters on here seem to think he's one to look at. Personally I'd like to see us make Hoban permanent.

Chris Cadden is also out of contract this summer. A player McInnes has attempted to sign in the past.

Hoban and Considine on new contracts would probably remove the need to chase Halkett/Shaughnessy for the next 5 months.

Craig Bryson & Paul Coutts = the dream team

#7 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 12,925 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:46 PM

If you believe the rumours, Cadden has been holding out for a move to England for a long time... from what I've read I think he expected a club down south would've been in for him, with cash, before now. 

I'm not surprised they haven't, as he's certainly one of the most over rated players in Scotland.  He'll doubtless pitch up at Rotherham, Barnsley, or the likes on free transfer, during the summer.  Within 18 months he'll be back up the road at St. Johnstone, Killie or the likes...

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#8 OFFLINE   slippers

slippers

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Joined 19-June 07

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:19 PM

If you believe the rumours, Cadden has been holding out for a move to England for a long time... from what I've read I think he expected a club down south would've been in for him, with cash, before now.

I'm not surprised they haven't, as he's certainly one of the most over rated players in Scotland. He'll doubtless pitch up at Rotherham, Barnsley, or the likes on free transfer, during the summer. Within 18 months he'll be back up the road at St. Johnstone, Killie or the likes...

was speaking to a couple of Motherwell fans and they agree. They don’t rate him that highly and not worried about losing him.

#9 OFFLINE   Woody21

Woody21

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Joined 08-August 15

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:30 PM

I reckon that Shinnie will be offered a better deal than previously on table and will end his career at the Famous Aberdeen.

#10 OFFLINE   G31DON

G31DON

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Joined 02-February 14

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:25 PM

Or we buy out his contract and tell them to go and fuck themselves.

220px-Gordon-Gekko.jpg

><><>>***RARE VINYL FOR SALE ***<<><><

Primal Scream/Spiritualized/JAMC/Suede/Gil Scott Heron/James/Pale Saints/Slowdive/Chapterhouse.

https://www.ebay.co....=1&_ipg=&_from=

#11 OFFLINE   dj_bollocks

dj_bollocks

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

Get Hastie on what I'm now calling a Ferguson....

#12 OFFLINE   Redstar

Redstar

Legend

• Members
  • 11,083 posts
  • Joined 18-January 11

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

I reckon that Shinnie will be offered a better deal than previously on table and will end his career at the Famous Aberdeen.

This is what should happen...if AFC are to compete they need to push a £10k a week wage to attract or retain “the right” players.

#13 ONLINE   Zander1903

Zander1903

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Joined 08-February 14

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:41 PM

U do understand the concept of money do you? U can't spend what u can't afford or u go down the tubes like the huns

U pay 1 player £10k & the next out contract player will be looking for the same

#14 OFFLINE   Redstar

Redstar

Legend

• Members
  • 11,083 posts
  • Joined 18-January 11

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:40 PM

U do understand the concept of money do you? U can't spend what u can't afford or u go down the tubes like the huns
U pay 1 player £10k & the next out contract player will be looking for the same

Obviously there would be a limit to the number of top earners...like any club...in AFC’s case around 3 would be my guess...there was a lot of talk about Yank investment when Cormack arrived...with that the funds for improved wages?...I thought he maybe understood the real need to retain at least the spine of a good team on decent money...I’d include Joe Lewis and Greg Stewart in the paid enough to build around bracket.

#15 OFFLINE   shooftahmooftah

shooftahmooftah

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Joined 13-September 14

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:26 PM

[quote name="Zander1903" post="1740857" timestamp="1550410915"]

U pay 1 player £10k & the next out contract player will be looking for the same[/quote) I wish they were down the tubes but. They are 5 points ahead of the non performing Dons at the moment. ???

#16 OFFLINE   jamiesd

jamiesd

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 15-February 13

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:37 AM

That Hastie looked a right handful.  Come on Dons, get in touch with him asap

#17 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 34,309 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:00 PM

That Hastie looked a right handful. Come on Dons, get in touch with him asap

I fear we have missed the boat already

#18 OFFLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

No chance will we get anywhere near Hastie. Think he has scored 5 goals in his last 6 appearances. He is very direct, has pace to burn, looks to be a great finisher and seems to play with a lot of grit and determination on top of his undoubted quality. He will already be on the radar of top championship clubs and the ugly sisters.

From what I have seen of him so far so he looks like a great prospect for a 19 year old that will have a clutch of clubs with far more money than AFC scrambling for his signature.

#19 OFFLINE   Donscanada

Donscanada

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 27-December 18

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:34 PM

Lets not be too Hastie....as we might have our own version of Hastie in S Wright based on his recent inspired play at Dundee.   Give some credit to Motherwell youth academy with prospects in Hastie and Turnbull plus Campbell. Never mind the rumoured sale of McKinstry a 16 yr old to Leeds for up to 400k with incentives. Who knows maybe Jake will do a Turnbull and spur offers from more "lucrative clubs".  More likely we will get Cadden than Hastie this summer, but one can still hope. 

#20 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,563 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:36 PM

Lets not be too Hastie....as we might have our own version of Hastie in S Wright based on his recent inspired play at Dundee. Give some credit to Motherwell youth academy with prospects in Hastie and Turnbull plus Campbell. Never mind the rumoured sale of McKinstry a 16 yr old to Leeds for up to 400k with incentives. Who knows maybe Jake will do a Turnbull and spur offers from more "lucrative clubs". More likely we will get Cadden than Hastie this summer, but one can still hope.

Say what now?

#21 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 28,836 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:14 PM

Lets not be too Hastie....as we might have our own version of Hastie in S Wright based on his recent inspired play at Dundee. Give some credit to Motherwell youth academy with prospects in Hastie and Turnbull plus Campbell. Never mind the rumoured sale of McKinstry a 16 yr old to Leeds for up to 400k with incentives. Who knows maybe Jake will do a Turnbull and spur offers from more "lucrative clubs". More likely we will get Cadden than Hastie this summer, but one can still hope.

I say let's try swap the cunts. Wright for Hastie.

Precontract. Build for future players/signings like Ferguson & Hastie is the best way to go.

If a manager had his pick of the best players in the SPFL outside the arse cheeks in any given season, then he could very likely stand a decent chance of being able to challenge for the league. Sourcing these players early & having them play/improve TOGETHER is the best way to achieve this. Even if it means spending relatively small amounts to do so, like we did with Ferguson & even McLean to an extent.

This is exactly what McInnes should be doing more of, rather than hit n miss loans that cost probably more money in long run. He seems to have better success when it comes to finding young players with potential anyway than he has with signing ones looking to rediscover form/names for themselves.

All his young permanent signings to date have been decent enough. McLean, Ferguson & Cosgrove.
Do more of this & he builds a strong team.
No more filling team with loans.

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 18 February 2019 - 06:31 PM.

Ding Dong

#22 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 28,836 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:20 PM

This is what should happen...if AFC are to compete they need to push a £10k a week wage to attract or retain “the right” players.

Shinnie earning £10k at Aberdeen ha ha ha. What a fkn waste of cash.
He could maybe earn that at an arse cheek or down south but if we are ever able to pay a player £10k a week then I hope to fk it isn't wasted on a player like Shinnie. That's marquee type players wages for us & Shinnie is not a marquee player for a club like Aberdeen

Ding Dong

#23 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 34,309 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:28 PM

Just no

#24 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 34,309 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:28 PM

Precontract. Build for future players/signings like Ferguson & Hastie is the best way to go.

If a manager had his pick of the best players in the SPFL outside the arse cheeks in any given season, then he could very likely stand a decent chance of being able to challenge for the league. Sourcing these players early & having them play/improve TOGETHER is the best way to achieve this. Even if it means spending relatively small amounts to do so, like we did with Ferguson & even McLean to an extent.

This is exactly what McInnes should be doing more of, rather than hit n miss loans that cost probably more money in long run. He seems to have better success when it comes to finding young players with potential anyway than he has with signing ones looking to rediscover form/names for themselves.

All his young permanent signings to date have been decent enough. McLean, Ferguson & Cosgrove.

Zzz

#25 OFFLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:38 PM

Zzzzz

#26 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 28,836 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:47 PM

Zzz

Zzzzz

You pair love to tag team eh.

Couple of benders

Anyway, bored with yous for the moment. Away to strip/service some outboards to work on some more intelligent inanimate objects than yourselves.

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 18 February 2019 - 08:25 PM.

Ding Dong

#27 OFFLINE   KidCreole

KidCreole

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • Joined 03-September 15

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:45 AM

Would May not benefit from a loan deal at a level where he can get used to finding the back of the net, He rarely gets any minutes off the bench anymore but is still drawing a hefty wage, I don't think the "he works hard" and "makes a contribution" summery still cuts it, He cost a lot of money and so far its not been worth it.

#28 ONLINE   Zander1903

Zander1903

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Joined 08-February 14

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

McInnes would have to admit the May experiment was a failure but I like the idea anyway

#29 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,584 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:44 PM

McInnes would have to admit the May experiment was a failure but I like the idea anyway

It was hardly an experiment. He's a player most of us were really pleased that we signed. 

#30 OFFLINE   GDON21

GDON21

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Joined 27-September 16

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:12 PM

You'd be wrong if you thought we hadn't explored the potential signings of Turnbull and Hastie. Unfortunately they are probably out of our price range, they have made more first team appearances than Ferguson whether thats been at Motherwell or on loan and are very much first team regulars. The compensation demand would be much higher than Ferguson for these players. You'd be looking at 350k to 500k for these guys each.

85 user(s) are browsing this forum

5 members, 77 guests, 0 anonymous users