Shares

fine-n-dandy

• 1 month later...

I was going to invest in Cannasos or some shit. Basically a crypto currency that you are going to be able to buy weed in the US with. The folk who grow weed in Cali etc cant bank their cash as its still a federal (not state) crime to supply it. So when the wildfires hit late last year, they lost heaps of cash they had buried under ground or sitting in safes etc.

So it seems like something that actually has a use. However the process of actually buying was so convoluted I thought fuck this.

• 2 months later...

I bought into Electroneum during the ICO - $0.01 per coin with 50% bonus for getting in early. Currently holding 30,000. They peaked (along with everything else) at $0.20 just before Christmas but they were only listed on one broker and they took too long to verify my account so couldn't sell up then rebuy when it dropped. Annoying. Currently sitting around $0.03 - I'm holding out for $2.00

I bought into Electroneum during the ICO - $0.01 per coin with 50% bonus for getting in early. Currently holding 30,000. They peaked (along with everything else) at $0.20 just before Christmas but they were only listed on one broker and they took too long to verify my account so couldn't sell up then rebuy when it dropped. Annoying. Currently sitting around $0.03 - I'm holding out for $2.00

$2.00 in total return aye? Cause that's fit you will probably get.

Hope I'm wrong for you like.

$2.00 in total return aye? Cause that's fit you will probably get.

Hope I'm wrong for you like.

So do I! It was a £200 punt on a tip from a very well-informed associate (or another word for someone you know to speak to, who's not necessarily a pal). If it goes tits up it's no big deal really, but I don't think $2 is an unreasonable hope in the grand scheme of things. I figured I could buy Bitcoin (at the time) for $6000 and it'll maybe double, or punt on a startup and look for 200%+. If they can get the iOS mobile miner out and break into the gaming microtransactions market as per their white paper, I reckon it's a winner.

I also bought in to Cardano at $0.03. Annoyed that I didn't sell when it nudged $1 though - had the order written out but didn't post it!

Tesla was down about $100 a share from it's high a few months back... EM was joking about bankruptcy and folk seem to have shit their knickers.

Anyone invested/investing/considering a punt on them,?

I've a few spare bob to pish away on a decent sized investment... but my last foray into investment without talking to our financial bird ended in a massive fucking disaster because I'm fucktarded when it comes to fiscal competence.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tesla was down about $100 a share from it's high a few months back... EM was joking about bankruptcy and folk seem to have shit their knickers.

I've a few spare bob to pish away on a decent sized investment... but my last foray into investment without talking to our financial bird ended in a massive fucking disaster because I'm fucktarded when it comes to fiscal competence.

I think the autopilot crash and fall out may also be a factor in the price drop

spotify

Avoid Tesla like the plague... on any conventional metric it must be one of the most overvalued stocks of recent times.

(Now that I've written that of course, watch the cunt go on an absolute tear).

• Upvote 1

Dinna worry; just buy low and sell high

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Avoid Tesla like the plague... on any conventional metric it must be one of the most overvalued stocks of recent times.

(Now that I've written that of course, watch the cunt go on an absolute tear).

Back up 50 odd bucks.

Fuck it....

• 1 month later...

Back up 50 odd bucks.

Fuck it....

It's now the most shorted stock on Wall Street... the short positions on Tesla equate to something like 30% of the firm's entire equity.

There's a good article here: https://www.thestreet.com/investing/biggest-mistake-short-sellers-are-making-on-tesla-14570288 - on why the shorts might just be wrong. It also makes the point that Tesla has become a furiously emotional trade, in both directions, which makes meaningful price discovery helluva tricky.

• 2 weeks later...