Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Where Are They Now

John Stewart. 

Scored a fucking screamer against the Tims, and then began a downwards trajectory that would lead him down the leagues, through part time football, into the juniors, and now... well, that's where the trail runs cold. 

Terrible player in a dreadful team... a  team that included, wait for it... Fernando Pasquinelli. I know!

https://youtu.be/AIVAOy4LyEg?t=280

Okay, it only took ten years for me to finally figure out why Fernando Pasquinelli looked so familiar. 

I JUST realised he's a dead ringer for Andrew Ridgely. 

I've had a lot to drink tonight... that's the secret to a clear mind, kids. 

Ah the old "And who would you replace him with" comment.

If McInnes is the best manager we can get then we, and every other team at our level, are well and truly fucked.

Well if we accept that McInnes has gone stale then we don't even need a better manager we just need a fresh one at the same level as McInnes was when he joined a few years back.

It's nowhere near as hard to replace him as some people seem to insist.

If McInnes is the best manager we can get then we, and every other team at our level, are well and truly fucked.

That and the "be careful what you wish for" argument boil my piss.

The same questions that were always asked when anyone mentioned that Jamie Langfield was pish.

Well if we accept that McInnes has gone stale then we don't even need a better manager we just need a fresh one at the same level as McInnes was when he joined a few years back.

I tend to assume they just forget about guys like Pat Nevin when they come away with this garbage. Everyone is replaceable.

One thing people need to realise also, (somewhat as a counter point) is that the Dons job is more attractive than it was then (facilities are a huge part soon, plus debt free etc.) but it is still not as attractive as Dons fans think it is.

Geography being a primary reason.

I am sort of interested to see the calibre of manager that would apply if McInnes did leave this season. Being the second best team in the country (at least by league position over the past 5 years, realistically even 3rd is arguable as of right now) should be a big draw as it sounds like there's a chance to win the league and not often jobs like that come up but it sort of disguises the absolutely massive financial gap between 3rd and 1st (and the not quite as big but still massive gap between 3rd and 2nd).

One thing people need to realise also, (somewhat as a counter point) is that the Dons job is more attractive than it was then (facilities are a huge part soon, plus debt free etc.) but it is still not as attractive as Dons fans think it is.

Geography being a primary reason.

I take the point but if your targets first question is “can I commute” I fear the Aberdeen job AS WE WOULD WISH IT is not for them. History would seem to back me on this.

and the classic response of "not my job"

Aberdeen fans on afc-chat, twitter, facebook etc. are happy to discuss tactics, line ups, transfer targets and many other things they have absolutely no effect on.... but as soon as they are asked who to replace McInnes with its "not my job" !! 

• Downvote 1

Did Leigh Hinds play for Wimbledon that night or am i imagining it? Him and Marcus Gayle up top. Big Bri deserved better than Wimbledon tbf.

Memory is decent but isn't that good so had to Google that one. Mick Harford also up front - Hinds didn't sign for Wimbledon until 1999 and testimonial was in 1997