Recreational Marijuana Becomes Legal In Canada On Wednesday

Crashnyploshnit

canada-legalizing-weed-oct-17-2018.jpg?c

On Wednesday, October 17th, Canada will become the second country in the world where marijuana is legal on a national level. Adults will be able to possess up to 30 grams of pot and grow as many as four plants of any size per household. One thing that isn’t legal yet is the sale and distribution of marijuana edibles, at least not for another 12 or so months. Expect the amount of impaired driving charges will skyrocket.

On Wednesday, October 17th, Canada will become the second country in the world where marijuana is legal on a national level. Adults will be able to possess up to 30 grams of pot and grow as many as four plants of any size per household. One thing that isn’t legal yet is the sale and distribution of marijuana edibles, at least not for another 12 or so months. Expect the amount of impaired driving charges will skyrocket.

i believe that's only because of the delay in setting up storefront/retail outlets.  as of tomorrow, it will be sold online only for delivery.  and they don't sell edibles i guess.  the private retail outlets are set to be licensed and set to go for April 1.

The government also said consultations would begin immediately before a “tightly-regulated private retail model” for cannabis takes effect on April 1. The number of private retailers that will be licensed to sell marijuana hasn’t been determined. Fedeli said the Ontario Cannabis Store would act as a wholesaler to private businesses.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4385166/marijuana-sales-ontario/

on the radio this morning, there was something about all the current storefronts selling cannabis are required to shut down by tomorrow, or they won't be considered for a license when the time comes. effectively putting them out of business for six months in the hopes of getting a license later.

EDIT: https://nationalpost.com/cannabis/tuesday-is-last-chance-to-shut-down-illegal-cannabis-dispensaries-ontario-government-warns

the price looks like it will vary by province -- currently it's illegal to cross most provincial borders with alcohol, but people do it anyway and rarely get pulled for it unless it's a huge amount (it's controlled by provincial liquor boards). i expect the same will be true of weed, for those that live near provincial borders. 

5 blunts for $20 last week in Vancouver, obviously will be a bit more now but still.

Your 1990s steeped opinion may well be in effect to a degree son; but overall there is a far higher level of class and distinguishedidititty across the group - which by the way is a much bigger, vaster and more energetic sea of human life than it was when you've taken your snapshot of their characteristics.

Give us a chance Bluto son - we've plenty to offer.

Lol

Forgive me, I’ve been living in the 90s all my life

:cool::beer:

• Upvote 1

Your 1990s steeped opinion may well be in effect to a degree son; but overall there is a far higher level of class and distinguishedidititty across the group - which by the way is a much bigger, vaster and more energetic sea of human life than it was when you've taken your snapshot of their characteristics.

Give us a chance Bluto son - we've plenty to offer.

Lol

Forgive me, I’ve been living in the 90s all my life

:cool::beer:

Only two stores will be opened for business selling pot tomorrow in Calgary but the city is working their way through applications for over 120 other potential stores. Pot will also be available for sale online. Gamechanger for bringing more money in from the tax charged. Hope our transportation system improves in Calgary as a result of the extra tax revenue.

An entrepreneur in embra opened a cafe called purple haze with the intention of letting his punters have a smoke after their bacon roll, it was just at the bottom of great junction street before ocean terminal.

The coppers stopped it soon after, spoil sports.

I know that guy, Kevin Williamson(not that one GB1875) good cunt. Defo not an 'entrepreneur' though.