Welcome Home, Kari

Reynolds and Arnason at the back then...

There's no denying Reynolds was in superb form when he played alongside Anderson. His form went to ratshit as soon as he retired. Let's hope Kari can bring back the Reynold's we know and love.

Excellent signing...the GWT must be sweating just now...Fyvie back training at the club and now Arnie back by popular demand...either would be quite within their rights to give the old bugger a swift kick in the chugs if they bumped into him down Pittodrie way...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Reynolds and Arnason at the back then...

Quite possibly.

Reynolds could be the covering player. Using his pace to aide the Iceman if anyone gets past.

Or, perhaps McInnes may fancy 3 at the back with Iceman sweeping??

Lewis

O'Connor - Arnason - Reynolds

Logan - Tansey - Shinnie - GMS

Christie

Stewart - Maynard

I quite like that set up.

Work on GMS defensive discipline and it could work...

• Downvote 1

Quite possibly.

Reynolds could be the covering player. Using his pace to aide the Iceman if anyone gets past.

Or, perhaps McInnes may fancy 3 at the back with Iceman sweeping??

Lewis

O'Connor - Arnason - Reynolds

Logan - Tansey - Shinnie - GMS

Christie

Stewart - Maynard

I quite like that set up.

Work on GMS defensive discipline and it could work...

Nice, but I'm up for all out attack! With the players we have now it could be scary when they're all on form!!!

And a superb signing for a year and hopefully he's good for at least one more

Getting on a bit now, stamina questionable.

Another Paul Hartley type signing. Good reader of the game, knows where he shoud be, but can't get there quick enough.

Aye, he was well off the pace at the euros last year when he was man marking one of the fastest and trickiest forwards there's been in a generation

Tube

• Upvote 3

Is he our best looking player ever?

Eric Black would get a few votes from the lassies.

There's no denying Reynolds was in superb form when he played alongside Anderson. His form went to ratshit as soon as he retired. Let's hope Kari can bring back the Reynold's we know and love.

Reynolds dip in form seemed to co-incide with his injury.

Aye, he was well off the pace at the euros last year when he was man marking one of the fastest and trickiest forwards there's been in a generation

Tube

My point entirely Tea bag.

He was doing a resonable job of tracking Lionel Messi in the Euros, but once upon a time he would have stopped him in his tracks. That's the difference...

Slightly off the pace. Mark my words, by November, you'll be agreeing wholeheartedly with my astute obersation.

• Downvote 2

He was doing a resonable job of tracking Lionel Messi in the Euros, but once upon a time he would have stopped him in his tracks. That's the difference...

Slightly off the pace. Mark my words, by November, you'll be agreeing wholeheartedly with my astute obersation.

You might want to hit the edit again chief...clue....not that fastest and trickiest player of a generation.
  • Upvote 1

If he was doing a reasonable job tracking Messi he's going to walk this league! He'll have Kyle Lafferty in his back pocket.

This is a terrific signing. He's well known by the club and fans. He has been playing at a good level in England and Cyprus since leaving ourselves and comes with further International experience. He has that winners mentality that DM thrives for. A leader and potential club captain. He can also distribute the ball out from defence - something I can't recall us having for a considerable while. He's 34 so won't get many years out of him and a 1 year deal seems fair enough. Unquestionably an upgrade on Taylor.

I'm really pleased with the summer signings thus far. I feel DM is in the process of building a stronger side than last season. Add Moult + Maloney and we'll be in for a very exciting season. With this squad we could surpass last seasons achievements.

Messi at the euros?

What a guy, welcome back. Will absolutely stroll this league.

Ok... reasons below why this is Not (capital N) a progressive signing:

1. For the 1 year; I repeat for clarification purposes: 1 year he was with us, he looked slightly better than what we had at that time i.e. Zander Diamond, Mitch Fucking Migginson, Jerel Ifil, Arrogant Maguire, Chris Clark. That collection is not exactly hard to beat.

2. He was so good Hearts didn't offer him a contract.

3. He was so good we (Aberdeen) didn't offer him more than a 1 year deal and got rid of him to a team in the bowels of English football at first opportunity.

4. If he was any good he'd have been playing, in his prime, at a higher level than he did. I.E. Plymouth, Us and Rotherham.

5. He's 34 years old. I repeat for clarification purposes; 34 years old.

6. Just because he scored a goal against Rangers doesn't make him some sort of folk hero.

I rest my case your Honour.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1. For the 1 year; I repeat for clarification purposes: 1 year he was with us, he looked slightly better than what we had at that time i.e. Zander Diamond, Mitch Fucking Migginson, Jerel Ifil, Arrogant Maguire, Chris Clark. That collection is not exactly hard to beat.

3. He was so good we (Aberdeen) didn't offer him more than a 1 year deal and got rid of him to a team in the bowels of English football at first opportunity.

4. If he was any good he'd have been playing, in his prime, at a higher level than he did. I.E. Plymouth, Us and Rotherham.

6. Just because he scored a goal against Rangers doesn't make him some sort of folk hero.

Case dismissed.

You're right, it's all fucking dreadful and we should just give up.
  • Upvote 1