Alcohol At The Football

I've always wanted to know what tup does?

What makes a MSN move from Edinburgh/Aberdeen to wick?

Desperation, obviously.

I'm trying g to find the link.

Subsea7 maybe?

You want to know what Tup does, what Harcus does, what education others might have, prove it etc...

Sure sign of inner feeling of inadequacy coupled with inferiority complex.

• Upvote 2

I've lo g been an advocate of virtual nights out.

Drinking via the medium of face time.

- no having to buy rounds for your tight mates

- no being slowed down by tight Jews or slow drinkers

- always drink in YOUR fav pubs

- switch them off when they get drunk or chat bores you

Basically its win win.

It widna be much oh a virtual night oot we you four cans oh weak lager and you be shitting on top oh the ipad before falling asleep while hard up yer dog........

• Upvote 1

I am in favour if leaving the football alcohol laws as they are.

A game of football is (inc half time) less than two hours time away from the pub. Is that really such an unthinkable proposition?

The general theme in society is that we drink too much and the Government are trying to address that in various ways. Demanding drink at the football flies in the face of all this.

We shouldnt need booze to enjoy sport; we shouldnt need it to enjoy anything, and yet our culture revolves around it (dont get me wrong, I love the booze as much as anyone).

Look at the state of rage some people can get themselves into at the game, even stone cold sober - heart attack / stroke territory.

Alcohol would just make it worse. Just leave it as it is.

Opposing football fans cannot even be trusted to sit together (as they do in other sports) and folk want to introduce alcohol to this environment?

The only people who remember drinking alcohol at football are now mostly pensioners, so its no big deal to us who have grown up without it.

Maybe the Police could go easy on drinking on supporters buses etc, as a half way house.

I am in favour if leaving the football alcohol laws as they are.

A game of football is (inc half time) less than two hours time away from the pub. Is that really such an unthinkable proposition?

The general theme in society is that we drink too much and the Government are trying to address that in various ways. Demanding drink at the football flies in the face of all this.

We shouldnt need booze to enjoy sport; we shouldnt need it to enjoy anything, and yet our culture revolves around it (dont get me wrong, I love the booze as much as anyone).

Look at the state of rage some people can get themselves into at the game, even stone cold sober - heart attack / stroke territory.

Alcohol would just make it worse. Just leave it as it is.

Opposing football fans cannot even be trusted to sit together (as they do in other sports) and folk want to introduce alcohol to this environment?

The only people who remember drinking alcohol at football are now mostly pensioners, so its no big deal to us who have grown up without it.

Maybe the Police could go easy on drinking on supporters buses etc, as a half way house.

But them in corporate can drink themselves into a state, why cant Joe Public in the terraces have that same option.

You get a good class of person in corporate, they can be trusted with alcohol, the common oink can't.

Rubbish, mutton dressed as lamb, if a pig wears lipstick, it is still a pig.

Any of use can get an invite to corporate via work or contacts and make a complete cunt of it.

Rubbish, mutton dressed as lamb, if a pig wears lipstick, it is still a pig.

Any of use can get an invite to corporate via work or contacts and make a complete cunt of it.

Hoi! There's nae need for that! Just because she doesn't post on here any more. Very harsh min!

But them in corporate can drink themselves into a state, why cant Joe Public in the terraces have that same option.

Good question.

I guess if folk are in corporate then maybe the chance of getting into trouble with their employer (if they misbehave) acts as a restraint. Whereas we ordinary joes only have our own reputation to damage, not a companys.

Probably the atmosphere in corporate is less aggressive / rowdy too (im guessing - I have never been in corproate).

Corporate at Europa and Legend lounges are as good as you'll get anywhere.

Food's excellent, beer flows freely Trays full of Vodka's closely followed by several more trays packed with shots.

Throw in a decent chat with the likes of Doug Rougvie or Brain Irvine and a game of heads or tails.

Excelent day out, steaming before you head out to pubs.

• 4 months later...

The sanitisation of football continues apace.

Football fans face being breathalysed as part of a new scheme to crack down on alcohol-related crime.

The project, which will run indefinitely, was launched at Cambridge United's match against Burton Albion.
Anyone testing above twice the legal drink-drive limit will be ejected from the ground, but groundsman Ian Darler said fans had nothing to fear.
The scheme will also operate at Cambridge Junction and McDonald's in Rose Crescent.
Only fans who appear to be drunk are tested and passing a breath test is not necessary to enter the ground.
Mr Darler said: "Ninety-five per cent of fans will not even know the scheme is in operation".
Security staff at the venues have been given breathalyser kits allowing them to test people before entry.
Mr Darler said stewards had previously made a judgement on people they thought were drunk.
"This will give a fairer and more genuine result as to whether we eject someone," he said.
'Fairer result'
He added that only two arrests had been made at games this year.
The scheme is funded by Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner Sir Graham Bright.
Last year, in Cambridge city, 141 people were arrested for being drunk and disorderly or drunk and incapable in a public place.
Sgt Ian Wood said there were a number of alcohol-related laws around sporting events, including an offence of trying to enter a sports ground while drunk.
He said: "My concern is fans will be unaware of these offences. I hope the introduction of the devices will help stewards make empowered decisions about who should enter the ground."
Anyone turned away from a venue will be offered a scratchcard giving information about their drinking risk levels.