George Yule Resigns

steps down as Vice Chairman.

reveals cancer scare last year.

Presumably this is the beginning of some changes to the ownership/board at the club as we work towards raising the funds for the stadium and delivering the stadium.

what absolute bollocks the rumours of a fall out were then.

• Downvote 1

• Admin

Yule, who joined the club in 2012 with the aim of forging stronger relationships with the supporters and delivering the training facilities and new stadium, cited recent surgery as a factor in his decision to step down.

He said: “I had a prostate cancer scare towards the end of last year which subsequently led to major surgery and, although I’m heading towards full recovery, the absence gave me an opportunity to re-evaluate my priorities and I decided that my own health and family must come first in future.

“As a life-long Dons fan It’s not been an easy decision to make and I will certainly miss mixing and working with footballers, business colleagues and our passionate supporters on a daily basis.”

Dons chairman Stewart Milne thanked Yule for his contribution at Pittodrie and expects his former colleague to continue to play a supportive role at the club despite his resignation.

He said: “I have enjoyed working with George during that time, and personally appreciate all that he has contributed to the club’s progress over his time with us, we are indebted to him, and wish him all the best for the future.

“He may be leaving his current role, but we are comforted in the knowledge that he will continue to play a role both as a fan and an ambassador of the club.”

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1506038/dons-vice-chairman-steps-down/

• Upvote 1

I'm sure he will be missed but hopefully we some good candidates to step into his shoes, maybe Cormack.

Or we could apply the (fucking laughable) logic of Huns and arrive at the conclusion people stepping down from the board means massive investment is about to come into the club and they need to step aside for that to happen ?

Not good news.

Been excellent since his arrival.

AFCCT will be his legacy.

Bailing oot prior to the stadium debacle imo.

Is that not a bit of a contradiction? If he's a good influence at the club why would he leave if he suspected there was a forthcoming "debacle"?

Seems to me he's the sort of guy who would stay on to help if he was worried about that sort of thing.

His day to day role is replaced by the new Commercial Director.

His stadium role will be replaced in due course i guess?

The title of vice chairman you'd presume moves back to non exec and one of the current non exec board members takes that up? Dave C being the best guess

Is that not a bit of a contradiction? If he's a good influence at the club why would he leave if he suspected there was a forthcoming "debacle"?

Seems to me he's the sort of guy who would stay on to help if he was worried about that sort of thing.

No. He's delivered everything he was asked to ie planning clearance for a new stadium.

The funding and completion will be much harder to deliver.

You absolutely implied it.

But glad to see you are backtracking because you realise that was just plain stupid.

Not at all. I said he's done very well and done what he's been asked to do.

He is leaving before the stadium debacle though but I'm not saying that is the reason for his departure or if it played any part in his decision.

Have a read back my friend.

Jock Gardiner to lead stadium project upon Yules departure.

Would have thought work at Maven Capital would have kept him busy enough - he's a shrewd businessman, decent bloke and massive fan so would be a good replacement along same lines as Yule

• Upvote 1