Films

6/10..almost turnt it aff efter first fechts cgi nonsens..it improvd..jake in fine fettle n n gade shape..ez beleevabl..gless key florida..land o the oaf meetheed bar brawlr..but thir wis sumhin affa enchantin aboot it..owes a debt tae jakes perfemence..mcgregors nae actor but e wis amusin enuf tae keep ye watchin wit eed dae nxt

Finestkind certain bits to me up there with Leon and 5th element yet with fish. Which if you're really fae Aberdeen you ken the oil takes ages to leave your skin.

Dons Boston friendly if they play soccer there would be a shout.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

I watched last night. Nothing new learnt.

Nothing will come of it.

Sweep sweep

I know it's not Alistair McGowan but I thought the portrayals of Maitlis and Andrew were diabolical. Anderson seemed to forget that she isn't playing Thatcher anymore. 

Plus, the Billie Piper family subplot... Irrelevant and boring.

2 minutes ago, JumboJET said:

I know it's not Alistair McGowan but I thought the portrayals of Maitlis and Andrew were diabolical. Anderson seemed to forget that she isn't playing Thatcher anymore. 

Plus, the Billie Piper family subplot... Irrelevant and boring.

The fact the interview is readily available anywhere, why create a film about it? Cause simply that's precisely what the film is about.

Completely pointless exercise and not worth being made.

Billie Piper with that hair, horny.

I saw Civil War in the cinema last night.

Its not really an action / war movie, though it does have some great action scenes, I think its trying to say something about the human condition.  The Civil War part, while an interesting idea, is really just the backdrop and you don't actually find out much about its reasons etc.

I liked the cast and I thought the soundtrack and cinematography were both excellent.

Its long but it didn't seem like it, as it was the first film in ages not to bore me to sleep in the movies.  Recommended.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Its not really an action / war movie, though it does have some great action scenes, I think its trying to say something about the human condition.  The Civil War part, while an interesting idea, is really just the backdrop and you don't actually find out much about its reasons etc.

I liked the cast and I thought the soundtrack and cinematography were both excellent.

Its long but it didn't seem like it, as it was the first film in ages not to bore me to sleep in the movies.  Recommended.

What's it about?

7 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

My interpretation was that it doesn’t matter how you get into a civil war, life and the country would be fucked and never the same again. Basically a wake up call to America.

The only thing that bugged me was it was still woke in that the only white male characters (none of the leads were white males) in the film were scumbags.

6 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

My interpretation was that it doesn’t matter how you get into a civil war, life and the country would be fucked and never the same again. Basically a wake up call to America.

The only thing that bugged me was it was still woke in that the only white male characters (none of the leads were white males) in the film were scumbags.

Aye ok Barry.

• Haha 1