Future Of The Club

Fuck being ambitious, or even real. Let’s embrace being fucking losers. Fronted by afc_blockhead and co. That’s what I propose. Fuck club condition as long as the neutral Ken’s the pollin count

You know when your mum dropped you on your ugly head when you were born, did they check for brain damage? I would guess not.

Or maybe you got your brain damage from one of the many kickings you've had you big gay ned pussy!

Also, just because you repeat on every subject related to AFC that nothing is good enough, you know that doesn't make you a winner right?

Considering your favourite time supporting the Dons appears to have been the Ebbe Skovdahl era, I would suggest that you are the loser, supporting the Dons in a "banter" era where we laughed off losing all the time probably matched up well with your own personal life full of failure.

You know when your mum dropped you on your ugly head when you were born, did they check for brain damage? I would guess not.

Or maybe you got your brain damage from one of the many kickings you've had you big gay ned pussy!

Also, just because you repeat on every subject related to AFC that nothing is good enough, you know that doesn't make you a winner right?

Considering your favourite time supporting the Dons appears to have been the Ebbe Skovdahl era, I would suggest that you are the loser, supporting the Dons in a "banter" era where we laughed off losing all the time probably matched up well with your own personal life full of failure.

I challenge you to a white collar boxing match. Just incase you’re hard as fuck, all proceeds going to nature watch.

Why is the average crowd irrelevant to a discussion about how popular women's football is?

The discussion wasn't how popular women's football is, that's why. It was about the potential of women's football.

The point I was making is that Aberdeen are right to invest in a women's team, for a number of reasons, but one of those is that the money to be made from the Champions League will grow. Likewise advertising, sponsorship, media interest is already growing. If Aberdeen have a successful women's team, they'll make a profit from it. I never once mentioned what their average crowd would/could be because it wouldn't change the above.

Ignoring all the extra investment, extra coverage, the huge tickets sales for certain games and the World Cup, and fixating on the average crowds (or at least certain average crowds - Portland Thorns have an average of 17,000 but of course that doesn't fit the narrative) and therefore trying to use that as your argument that women's football isn't growing across the world despite all the overwhelming evidence, is just burying your head in the sand.

• Downvote 1

I have no idea what the set up of women's football is, in Scotland or further afield. Is there a realistic opportunity here for Aberdeen to win titles (I know they have won every league game so far but I gather they aren't in the top tier) and to do well in the Champions League? I would have probably guessed that all the big name clubs have already thrown a net over all the prize money and made it a pretty closed shop already (notice the Champion League semi finals included Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Chelsea).

I don't really get the argument about how lower standard mens teams can beat the best women teams as it's similar to this in many sports but that doesn't stop those other sports being very popular on the women's side. But I guess I'm questioning, realistically, what kind of return on investment can AFC get on women's football? I don't think money is the only reason why we should have a women's team but since that's where the conversation has gone, I'll ask.

It's fucking hilarious to see folk still don't see the potential growth of women's fitba. You'd have to be off your nut.

I Couldn't care less about it but like it or not it has an ever increasing market. TV get it, all the big clubs get it even most of the smaller ones.

The Scottish womens teams even seem to know how to actually play the game properly, in the context of their own game, and fit in with the international set up and can compete in European competitions. The men's game is fucking light years behind the rest of the world. I don't get how anyone that watches/supports the Scottish men's game wouldn't be utterly embarrassed to slag of the women's game. Fucking lolz.

• Downvote 1

It's fucking hilarious to see folk still don't see the potential growth of women's fitba. You'd have to be off your nut.

I Couldn't care less about it but like it or not it has an ever increasing market. TV get it, all the big clubs get it even most of the smaller ones.

The Scottish womens teams even seem to know how to actually play the game properly, in the context of their own game, and fit in with the international set up and can compete in European competitions. The men's game is fucking light years behind the rest of the world. I don't get how anyone that watches/supports the Scottish men's game wouldn't be utterly embarrassed to slag of the women's game. Fucking lolz.

This has to be a fishing trip? Please say that it is so....

Otherwise get this walloper sectioned asap

• Upvote 1

I have no idea what the set up of women's football is, in Scotland or further afield. Is there a realistic opportunity here for Aberdeen to win titles (I know they have won every league game so far but I gather they aren't in the top tier) and to do well in the Champions League? I would have probably guessed that all the big name clubs have already thrown a net over all the prize money and made it a pretty closed shop already (notice the Champion League semi finals included Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Chelsea).

I don't really get the argument about how lower standard mens teams can beat the best women teams as it's similar to this in many sports but that doesn't stop those other sports being very popular on the women's side. But I guess I'm questioning, realistically, what kind of return on investment can AFC get on women's football? I don't think money is the only reason why we should have a women's team but since that's where the conversation has gone, I'll ask.

Glasgow City were in the last 16 though.

I've a big email somewhere from UEFA detailing how much they made. It was a fairly sizeable six-figure sum.

On a serious note in diversifying our interests - any word at these insider meetings of rugby at Kingsford? Does that have any effect on pitch size? Is there even high level club rugby across Scotland? Someone explain.

Think the plan was for a team along the lines of Glasgow Warriors and Edinburgh to enter the Pro14. Again, a decent side earner for the club.

Pitch size. I dunno but Ashton Gate hosts football & rugby.

Glasgow City were in the last 16 though.

I've a big email somewhere from UEFA detailing how much they made. It was a fairly sizeable six-figure sum.

Someone will have to update Wikipedia.

Prize-money was awarded for a first time in 2010 when both finalists received money. In 2011 the payments were extended to losing semi- and quarter-finalists.[6] The current prize-money structure is

€250,000 winning team

€200,000 losing finalist

€50,000 losing semi-finalists

€25,000 losing quarter-finalists

In the Champions League teams also receive 20,000 Euro for playing each round or the qualifying. There have been several complaints about the sum, which doesn't cover costs for some longer trips which include flights.[7]

Someone will have to update Wikipedia.

Extensive research there...  :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45856421

Glasgow City received 120,000 euros for being one of the group stage hosts this season, although that money is earmarked to cover the costs incurred. An additional payment was made based on their country categorisation.

On-field success has earned them an extra 60,000 euros for reaching the last 16 of the competition, plus travel expenses from Uefa. Should they lose to Barcelona they can expect a payment of 20,000 euros, while progression will be worth a minimum of 60,000 euros plus expenses.

On top of that, they can add TV revenue and ticket sales.

Come on to fuck min you alluded it was from playing and not a big chunk of it from ground payments.

No, I didn't. Read the post I was replying to. He suggested it was a closed shop of big teams, I pointed out City made the last 16. Then I followed up on a point he made about prize money.

But, if you really want to argue about it, even taking away the group stage money - they were made 80,000 euros, plus expenses, plus TV money and ticket sales. Chances are they DID make a six-figure sum from reaching the last 16.

And I'm not even claiming the Champions League is currently generating huge sums of cash. I'm saying it will get bigger and bigger in years to come.