Future Of The Club

Aye which "covered the costs of hosting"

Haha you've lost this one, admit it

The costs of hosting are venue hire (they played at the Oriam and Ainslie Park), flights for the other three teams, putting them up in a hotel for a week and paying for their food.

Not a chance that cost anywhere near 120,000 euros or whatever it works out as in pounds. They made a profit out of that and actually were able to sign two foreign players on paid contracts with some of the money.

And I've already pointed out if you took that money away, they still likely made another six-figure sum from the competition.

You've actually managed to join in with an argument that was already finished, and lose it. 

• Upvote 1

I think Panda is essentially winning this utterly pointless debate.

Bit sad to see how raging one or two men are at the mere thought of women doing shit they don't want them to. It's pretty weak stuff.

Real men surely don't give a fuck, let the wifies do whatever, it's hardly threatening society.

Bottom line is that if the wifies fitba becomes competitive, and I think it will, it will become watchable. If there's a decent Aberdeen team in a competitive league I'd watch it and support them.

The fact that wifies are not as good as mannies is completely irrelevant.

• Upvote 1

Bit sad to see how raging one or two men are at the mere thought of women doing shit they don't want them to. It's pretty weak stuff.

Real men surely don't give a fuck, let the wifies do whatever, it's hardly threatening society.

Is anyone saying they shouldn't play? People are just questioning how much appeal it has in regards to people actually paying to watch it.

Bottom line is that if the wifies fitba becomes competitive, and I think it will, it will become watchable. If there's a decent Aberdeen team in a competitive league I'd watch it and support them.

The fact that wifies are not as good as mannies is completely irrelevant.

The juniors aren't as good as the seniors. One man and his dog watch them. (except in Ayrshire where 1000 dogs and their manbitches watch) 

Why? Cos the quality is shyte

But a million times better than the wifies

• Upvote 1

Glasgow City were in the last 16 though.

I've a big email somewhere from UEFA detailing how much they made. It was a fairly sizeable six-figure sum.

Calm down dear, I wasnt aware it was an argument

You made out that they brought in a 6 figure sum as some kind of prize money

It wasnt

I said they made a six-figure sum from the Champions League this season. What part of that was I wrong about?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I dont think so

"They made a 6 figure sum" to me, means prize money

Not a fee given to, quote, "cover costs"

But even if you took that "cover costs" bit away, they were still around the six-figure mark from their involvement in the competition.

Don't have a strong opinion either way about the future of the women's game but this appears to be an area where panda has a lot more experience of the topic than others, so is worth listening to. The comparative quality argument is a bogey and eventually i think the women's game will find it's feet and prosper.

Would I go and watch it? No.

The issue is the club wasting money on it not the fact there's a wifeys team.  I'm all for it - they should be self sufficient though.

Equality and all that.

The issue is the club wasting money on it not the fact there's a wifeys team. I'm all for it - they should be self sufficient though.

Equality and all that.

It's not wasted though, I think that's the point.

No more than the AFC community stuff is wasted.

Engaging with kids and schools is wasted.

Or signing some of our less useful men's players is wasted.

It's all just part of a bigger picture, that's all.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/rangers-in-red-line-for-wages-but-good-news-for-celtic-hearts-and-hibs-1-4936820/amp

Looking at this article it's fairly easy to see why we're trying to ramp up commercial benefits at the new stadium.

Birmingham are at 202% honestly wtf? How are the football association allowing this?

17 English clubs are at over 100%. Fkn ridiculous UEFA & ffp rules need to be tightened up. Fk this 5 year bs that so many clubs are figuring out ways around.

Cunts are killing other clubs & not just their own with their shambolic business

• Downvote 1

How on earth can you spend twice as much ( on wages alone ) than you actually bring in. English football is fucked. There are a few clubs on very shoogly pegs down there. Once a couple go to the wall it will fall like a pack of cards.

Sooner the better