New Stadium Approved

• Kingsford is 9,656 metres from the Castlegate.
  • A zip-wire requires about a 5m drop for every 100m travelled.
  • Build a tower 482 metres high in the Castlegate.
  • Everyone form an orderly queue and zip-wire to the match.
I haven't considered getting home yet.

I've a radical idea:
  • Castlegate is 9,656 metres from Kingsford.
  • Build a tower 482 metres high in Kingsford.
  • Everyone form an orderly queue and zip-wire home from the match.

Powerful catapult on the stadium roof, targeted at an extremely large mattress that fits snugly into the Castlegate.

Surely.

• Site Sponsor

The vets are moving are they not?

I've maybe made that up.

They were moving to the Cockers roses site beside Dobbies on Lang Stracht provided their site was sold to Drum (Prime Four developers).

All fell through during the O&G downturn.

Irony is that one of the vets bides immediately behind the proposed Kingsford Stadium site on Brodiach Road and he was objecting like buggery to the new stadium.

Wisna objecting to receiving x millions for his existing vets site for an office block though.

Seems to be selective objecting going on from some of the WANKs.

I've a radical idea:

• Castlegate is 9,656 metres from Kingsford.
  • Build a tower 482 metres high in Kingsford.
  • Everyone form an orderly queue and zip-wire home from the match.

Hahaha. Fuck sake HairyPie.

A fans carry out zone where you bring your own cans etc and smash them .

Hopefully you can do that anyway if you want to and are on a budget. Not quite the NFL style tailgating idea Cormack mentioned, but it's normal in Europe for people to stand outside with all sorts. Actually at Rapid Vienna there's an Austrian discount supermarket chain 10 metres across the street from the home end and they stand in that car park or right outside the stand with crates of booze.

billa.png

No distance. Plenty of football clubs in Scotland have bars within the stands, however you have to leave the bar then go in through the turnstiles. There's no access to the bars from inside the ground (apart from corporate).

Suggestions of bigger bars, beer in the concourse or beer tents outside are great - but the club isn't interested. They are targeting a certain type of supporter with the new stadium.

Even if there was no chance ever of beer in the concourses, they could work around it... if they wanted to, as you say. Outer layer, or outwards facing, bars before you go through the turnstiles. Requires the design to not be lazy uninspiring shite like. I hope the fans are as active and interested in pressuring the club to get everything spot on as they are in discussing every single puff of air from Clare or whatever she's ca'd, before we're entombed in something standard and lazy for life.

• Site Sponsor

See the WANKs have posted a link to the Council's website which gives the public the opportunity to voice opinion on the proposed fast food developments next to the vets in Kingswells.

Of course, the site allows you to vote in favour if you want.

My vote in favour is in.

Those wishing to voice opinion one way or the other can do so here:

https://publicaccess.aberdeencity.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=PCH2OYBZG0T00

Oh, and fuck the WANKs

:-)

• Upvote 1

No distance. Plenty of football clubs in Scotland have bars within the stands, however you have to leave the bar then go in through the turnstiles. There's no access to the bars from inside the ground (apart from corporate).

Suggestions of bigger bars, beer in the concourse or beer tents outside are great - but the club isn't interested. They are targeting a certain type of supporter with the new stadium.

As I said.....

There will be a bar at the stadium (and a café for the modern fitba beauts who want a skinny latte or fitiver prior to ko).

Capacity is the problem tho.

A huge fuck off beer tent with patio heaters and 100 lager taps is what is required.....won't happen tho.

Hopefully you can do that anyway if you want to and are on a budget. Not quite the NFL style tailgating idea Cormack mentioned, but it's normal in Europe for people to stand outside with all sorts. Actually at Rapid Vienna there's an Austrian discount supermarket chain 10 metres across the street from the home end and they stand in that car park or right outside the stand with crates of booze.

billa.png

Even if there was no chance ever of beer in the concourses, they could work around it... if they wanted to, as you say. Outer layer, or outwards facing, bars before you go through the turnstiles. Requires the design to not be lazy uninspiring shite like. I hope the fans are as active and interested in pressuring the club to get everything spot on as they are in discussing every single puff of air from Clare or whatever she's ca'd, before we're entombed in something standard and lazy for life.

If the stadium is going to be hosting rugby, then it's in their interests to cater for drinking inside the ground anyway.

You'd end up living near a football stadium for a start, which will mean

• Increased Terrorist threat.
  • Fights every week in and around your house
  • 20 thousand cars parked around your area every week
  • 100+ shuttle buses going back and forth down your street
  • Increased chances of losing a pet.
However, the biggest downside is becoming a cunt.

AND (MT™️) the difficulty for kids to travel to the cinema while the soccer(WANKS description not mine) is on

Cheers, I thought that might be what we’d have to do to bypass the current laws. The club will be interested in all these things if they can make money from them, don’t worry about that. £5 a weak beer at the stadium and they get most of the profit? Probably make more money than AberDNA.....just