Out Of Contract

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I admit it's a pretty long shot. 

More useful than Greg Stewart or Jordan Jones though. 

Fuck whatever happened to that idiot Stewart? Is he away to get a league winners medal? 

if Wright goes to a club with more prestigious honours than Aberdeen I'll never post again. In fact, I'd even go for a pint with Betty.

10 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

McLennan's a puzzle, aye. He looks to have it all - bit of pace, bag of tricks, good physical size. 2 or 3 years I've been waiting for it to click with him and invariably he disappoints.

Play him through the middle. Honestly, guarantee he’d be better than Main, Anderson, Cosgrove or Edmundson 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that either of them take him as a squad player 

Fuck me your dealer must have got some really pure stuff that he's dishing out to try to snare a few more customers and you are getting a bonus high out of it

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Fuck me your dealer must have got some really pure stuff that he's dishing out to try to snare a few more customers and you are getting a bonus high out of it

You've just got a bee in your bonnet re Wright. 

Last week you were telling us he was going to be out of football if he didn't take Aberdeen's offer. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You've just got a bee in your bonnet re Wright. 

Last week you were telling us he was going to be out of football if he didn't take Aberdeen's offer. 

I said it wouldn't surprise me but I didnt say it would definitely happen.

Until this season I thought he was just plain shyte, based on what I'd seen prior to his knee injury. This season he has been good more often than not. I have only very recently come round to thinking that  he deserves a new contract with us. But absolutely not on blockbuster (for us) wages.

I just don't think his history makes him that much of an attractive option for other clubs. And he might find himself short of offers. If we take ours away and he has nothing from elsewhere.... then he ends up a free agent in the summer. Then the delights of Dundee for a grand a week beckon him as a late squad addition in August

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Until this season I thought he was just plain shyte, based on what I'd seen prior to his knee injury. This season he has been good more often than not. I have only very recently come round to thinking that  he deserves a new contract with us. But absolutely not on blockbuster (for us) wages.

I just don't think his history makes him that much of an attractive option for other clubs. And he might find himself short of offers. If we take ours away and he has nothing from elsewhere.... then he ends up a free agent in the summer. Then the delights of Dundee for a grand a week beckon him as a late squad addition in August

If he's not signing on again with us he'll have a decent offer from another club in hand i'd wager

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree he's a gamble. It's a gamble keeping him in many ways. 

But there's two sides to this coin. He's also a talented player. 

Yes, he's been injury prone and inconsistent in the past. 

But at times in the past I'd say he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip either. 

But for a lot of clubs, especially in England, he's a pretty small risk in the big scheme of things. 

Guest milne_afc
5 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Wright can fuck off. Was quite happy picking up his full wages after every cruciate injury and after the first decent 6 months in his entire Dons career he thinks he can do better. Fuck off you little dweeb then. 

What you expect him to do?

:laughing:

6 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Wright's going to get a better move than folk think I reckon. 

Well i'd be one who could be eating my hat. He's been decent for five minutes and he'll be 24 when the new season starts and is unlikely to have played a 90 mins in his career

January 2021

Ryan Edmondson - on loan from Leeds United

Marley Watkins - on loan from Bristol City

Gary Woods - on loan from Oldham Athletic

May 2021

Tomas Cerny

Shay Logan*

Greg Leigh

Michael Devlin

Ash Taylor

Tommie Hoban

Connor McLennan

Ethan Ross - on loan at Raith

Scott Wright

Miko Virtanen

Curtis Main

Niall McGinn

Bruce Anderson

May 2022

Andrew Considine

Funso Ojo

Ryan Hedges

Dylan McGeouch

Jonny Hayes

Sam Cosgrove

May 2023

Dean Campbell

Matty Kennedy

May 2024

Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez

Ross McCrorie***

Lewis Ferguson

* Club hold one year option

*** On loan until May 2021

59 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

January 2021

Ryan Edmondson - on loan from Leeds United

Marley Watkins - on loan from Bristol City

Gary Woods - on loan from Oldham Athletic

May 2021

Tomas Cerny

Shay Logan*

Greg Leigh

Michael Devlin

Ash Taylor

Tommie Hoban

Connor McLennan

Ethan Ross - on loan at Raith

Scott Wright

Miko Virtanen

Curtis Main

Niall McGinn

Bruce Anderson

May 2022

Andrew Considine

Funso Ojo

Ryan Hedges

Dylan McGeouch

Jonny Hayes

Sam Cosgrove

May 2023

Dean Campbell

Matty Kennedy

May 2024

Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez

Ross McCrorie***

Lewis Ferguson

* Club hold one year option

*** On loan until May 2021

16 players out of contract in January/May 21.

I’d want two of them here next season, maybe 3.

Watkins & Hoban definitely, & possibly Cerny as a back up. 
The rest? Replaceable, or should be with a decent scouting operation.

Let 14 go, bring in about 10 (maximum) & promote a couple of the young lads. 

7 hours ago, Poodler said:

Mind how immobile he was the whole season? 

I bet if you asked him his favourite bands he would say oasis kasabian stone roses. 

If you asked Greg Stewart to name his 3 favourite geniuses,  he probably wouldn't say Einstein, Newton.... He’d go Milligan, Cleese, Everett....... Sessions.

I've heard what we've offered him & don't blame Wright for moving on at all. Pandemic or not, it's a shite offer and Aberdeen/Cormack/McInnes are quite happy to dish out 3k willy nilly to boys like Ojo.

Someone mentioned about he was happy to sit and collect a wage when he does his ACL... honestly a grown adult greeting about a young player getting injured, come on min. Far bigger wage thiefs at the club.

He will go to England and earn a lot more than what we have offered, it's a no brainer on his part. McInnes/Aberdeen clearly don't rate him as high as he'd have wanted or they'd have offered him more.

Plus he's only said he wants to explore his options, he might end up staying if no one offers him anything of value down the road.