CityCentre

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • Joined 17-July 18

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:02 AM

Our next game is now 18 days away.

The idea is that younger-ish fans aged roughly 15 to 45 will go the the Merkland stand for this one to try and create an atmosphere.

#2 OFFLINE   old sheep

old sheep

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Joined 30-March 14

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:03 PM

Our next game is now 18 days away.

The idea is that younger-ish fans aged roughly 15 to 45 will go the the Merkland stand for this one to try and create an atmosphere.

As someone outside this age bracket, I'll take it that I can leave my singing voice at home for this one. That aside, I'm not sure this idea has been properly thought through. Surely it would have been better to trial it in a game where there would be a good crowd, decent away support and even better some history of rivalry with the opposition. Aberdeen fans are notoriously quiet and reserved at home games and I'm not convinced standing at a tie against Dumbarton is going to change that.

#3 OFFLINE   Dunty

Dunty

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Joined 13-December 16

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:30 PM

As someone outside this age bracket, I'll take it that I can leave my singing voice at home for this one. That aside, I'm not sure this idea has been properly thought through. Surely it would have been better to trial it in a game where there would be a good crowd, decent away support and even better some history of rivalry with the opposition. Aberdeen fans are notoriously quiet and reserved at home games and I'm not convinced standing at a tie against Dumbarton is going to change that.

What a heap of nonsense.

It's about trying to improve the atmosphere every week, not saying "well actually it's only Dumbarton, what's the point?"

It's attitudes likes yours which is why the atmosphere is so shite.

Anyway, 3-0. Anderson, McGinn and McGeouch 👀

#4 OFFLINE   old sheep

old sheep

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Joined 30-March 14

Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:15 PM

What a heap of nonsense.
It's about trying to improve the atmosphere every week, not saying "well actually it's only Dumbarton, what's the point?"
It's attitudes likes yours which is why the atmosphere is so shite.
Anyway, 3-0. Anderson, McGinn and McGeouch

I'm not knocking the idea, just suggesting they could have picked a better game to help get it off the ground. Anyway, wishing you and your loved ones a happy New Year!

#5 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

Director of Football

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,141 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:19 PM

I'm not knocking the idea, just suggesting they could have picked a better game to help get it off the ground. Anyway, wishing you and your loved ones a happy New Year!

They've picked a cup game where it won't put existing Season Ticket holders out.  It makes perfect sense. 

#6 OFFLINE   TheRock

TheRock

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Joined 10-January 16

Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:18 PM

I like the idea and everything but I'm kind of surprised this has been allowed to happen. Like Celtic spent a load of money converting a section of their stadium to standing but turns out you don't need to. You just just leave the seats and tell everyone to stand anyway. Or did we get some kind of special dispensation to do this as a one off from...someone. The police or the SFA or something?

#7 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,141 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:36 PM

I like the idea and everything but I'm kind of surprised this has been allowed to happen. Like Celtic spent a load of money converting a section of their stadium to standing but turns out you don't need to. You just just leave the seats and tell everyone to stand anyway. Or did we get some kind of special dispensation to do this as a one off from...someone. The police or the SFA or something?

Do Standing Sections not need additional room though? legally that is. 

#8 OFFLINE   Big Hat Logan

Big Hat Logan

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts
  • Joined 11-April 17

Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:51 PM

Isn’t it just that the stewards have been told not to tell people to sit down?

#9 ONLINE   shut up meg

shut up meg

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts
  • Joined 14-August 16

Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:25 PM

Unless something happens on the transfer front over the next few weeks, I'm out.

#10 ONLINE   afc1903mad

afc1903mad

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 09-July 19

Posted 31 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

Dumbarton youngsters were documented as creating an atmosphere at their home games.

The Aberdeen fans wanted the singing section to be in the Merkland Stand.

This is just a trial and it makes absolute sense to trial in this game and potentially boost sales for the game.

#11 ONLINE   maryhilldon

maryhilldon

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts
  • Joined 18-January 16

Posted 31 December 2019 - 05:49 PM

Dumbarton youngsters were documented as creating an atmosphere at their home games.
The Aberdeen fans wanted the singing section to be in the Merkland Stand.
This is just a trial and it makes absolute sense to trial in this game and potentially boost sales for the game.

Had a singing section in the Merkland a couple of seasons ago didn't they? Right beside the families. Don't recall it being a roaring success.

#12 ONLINE   afc1903mad

afc1903mad

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 09-July 19

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:12 PM

Had a singing section in the Merkland a couple of seasons ago didn't they? Right beside the families. Don't recall it being a roaring success.

They did aye, but wasn't there a load of limitation put on them what they could sing, because it was in the family stand.

Aren't the limitations lifted and the offer to allow family stand members who want to move to any other stand for this game

#13 OFFLINE   Dunty

Dunty

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Joined 13-December 16

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:18 PM

Totally different. They were pushed into a corner section, surrounded by overbearing stewards, and it was total shite.

This time they're selling the centre sections first and promising the stewarding will be far more relaxed.

#14 ONLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Great as etc.., etc..,

• Members
  • 20,776 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:42 PM

They should be handing out free booze an hour before kick off to create a better atmosphere.

limericks etc..,

#15 OFFLINE   NEM

NEM

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Joined 07-September 16

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:47 PM

Davie boy decided after a few sweet sherries it was happening. He doesn’t give a fuck about the SFA or the old bill 😄

#16 OFFLINE   NEM

NEM

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Joined 07-September 16

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:48 PM

Hijacked by the shaved ape and the speccy mong

#17 ONLINE   Zander1903

Zander1903

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Joined 08-February 14

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:56 PM

They should be handing out free booze an hour before kick off to create a better atmosphere.

should be giving free drink during games to make it more exciting

#18 ONLINE   Fridge

Fridge

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Joined 08-October 18

Posted 31 December 2019 - 08:33 PM

I am a bit wary of this. All for singing, atmosphere firing abuse at the opposition but if it’s an “official section” will the club not be nailed as soon as the first offensive song gets fired.

Do Celtic not get fined all the time for the Green Bridade or whatever pish it is?

#19 ONLINE   Simply Red

Simply Red

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Joined 04-June 19

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:04 PM

Aberdeen fans at home dont make any noise against the bigot brothers, our biggest rivals. Why would we bother creating an atmosphere v Dumbarton?
The new ground needs to incorporate a drinking area and a standing section so folk can get tanked up and get behind the team like we do at away games.

#20 OFFLINE   tightbreeks

tightbreeks

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,098 posts
  • Joined 04-October 08

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:06 PM

I hope mcinnes is out in the company car, nipping in and out swanky aberdeen speak easys, dishing out threats.

#21 OFFLINE   Betty Swallicks

Betty Swallicks

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,322 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:57 AM

The whole Paddock Singing Section thing for this one is a feeble attempt to put an extra 500 on the crowd.

Season tickets not valid, playing terrible football, majority of regulars against the manager, its Dumbarton = nae cunt interested = think up a gimmick.

Anyhoo....IN.

Main Stand.

2-0.

Att: 8546.

#22 ONLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,532 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:18 AM

The whole Paddock Singing Section thing for this one is a feeble attempt to put an extra 500 on the crowd.

Season tickets not valid, playing terrible football, majority of regulars against the manager, its Dumbarton = nae cunt interested = think up a gimmick.

Anyhoo....IN.

Main Stand.

2-0.

You knocking anything the club does is a very tiresome act.

#23 ONLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 35,418 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:21 AM

Anyhoo....IN.

Main Stand.

2-0.

Yawn

#24 OFFLINE   Betty Swallicks

Betty Swallicks

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,322 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:28 AM

Yawn

Will it attract you to go MM?

#25 OFFLINE   Betty Swallicks

Betty Swallicks

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,322 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:29 AM

You knocking anything the club does is a very tiresome act.

Aye, thats what I always do.  :rolleyes:

#26 ONLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 35,418 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:29 AM

Will it attract you to go MM?

Let me guess, millermong?

#27 ONLINE   Dad

Dad

old cunt

• Members
  • 18,654 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 01 January 2020 - 11:20 AM

And thats Blockbusters

All aboard the good ship DWT

#28 OFFLINE   Dunty

Dunty

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Joined 13-December 16

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:38 PM

I am a bit wary of this. All for singing, atmosphere firing abuse at the opposition but if it’s an “official section” will the club not be nailed as soon as the first offensive song gets fired.

Do Celtic not get fined all the time for the Green Bridade or whatever pish it is?

Yeh, we don't none of that atmosphere type thing at games because it may run the risk of us getting fined  :hypno:

#29 ONLINE   CalgaryDon

CalgaryDon

MontrealDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:50 PM

4-0 Aberdeen

Cosgrove (x2), Hedges and Anderson

#30 OFFLINE   CraigHill

CraigHill

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Joined 16-December 06

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:55 PM

In. Corporate. Pished.
3v0, Anderson, Campbell, Considine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Match Thread (Scottish Cup)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users