Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

The Stand Up Comedy Thread

Went to see Frankie Boyle the other night. No bad but the cunt has gotten awfy preachy. Banging on about sexism and the patriarchy then joking about pedophilia and disabled people. Just fucking stick to the fucking jokes.

Exactly, he's fucking terrible. Combines being extremely offensive with being extremely politically correct. That's a bad combo.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Agreed. Cunt is funny as fuck.

I imagine he is actually dull as fuck in real life however.

Most comedians I know are either very hyper attention seekers or very quiet and keep to themselves until they get on the stage. Sometimes it can be difficult having a two conversation in the green room.

I see artie lange has a podcast, looking well as he can be, keep it up artie. Told joe rogan he snorted oxycontin in vegas with a prostitute friend. She crushed them up using a glass salt shaker. It broke, she set up the lines with the glass in the lines. She goes down to reception, so artie comes out the shower and snorts the first line, rip, blood. Why she didn't crush them between two spoons I'll never know.

• 10 months later...
On 10/18/2020 at 5:34 PM, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Terrific 1hour and 40mins of comedy. 

Motherfucker manages to sound like every Simpsons character at the same time when he talks.  

"Britain has no self help culture.   If you walk in to a bookshop in America the self help section takes up half the bookshop.. In Britain if you go in to a bookstore and ask for the self help section they'll say "find it yourself fuckface". 

Funny guy.

Just saw this. Aye he's ace.

Guest milne_afc
On 10/18/2020 at 3:34 PM, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Terrific 1hour and 40mins of comedy. 

Motherfucker manages to sound like every Simpsons character at the same time when he talks.  

"Britain has no self help culture.   If you walk in to a bookshop in America the self help section takes up half the bookshop.. In Britain if you go in to a bookstore and ask for the self help section they'll say "find it yourself fuckface". 

Funny guy.

Moe Szyslak must be based on him.

edit: he is!

US alternative comic Rich Hall found fame on the comedy circuit in the 1980s for his bad tempered – but hilarious – rants and bleak outlook on life. The comedian has long claimed that Simpsons creator Matt Groening once revealed to him that he was the basis of grumpy, downtrodden bartender Moe, and in November 2018 Hall dressed up as Moe for a photoshoot.“It’s an honour,” Hall said of being the inspiration for Moe. “Once you get over the shock of seeing yourself as a horrible, yellow caricature.”