Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

The Championship newcomers Bournemouth have pulled off a considerable coup by enticing Real Madrid to play a prestigious pre-season home friendly on 21 July.

The newly-promoted Dorset club, who are about to embark on their first season in the second tier of English football for 23 years, will welcome the nine-times European champions to Dean Court for a Sunday evening kick-off.
The fixture will be Madrid's first match of their pre-season schedule, and will be followed by a trip to the US to compete in the International Champions Cup against clubs of a decidedly more prestigious stamp, including Juventus and Internazionale.
Madrid are expected to field some of their biggest names at Dean Court, including Mesut Ozil, Kaká and Cristiano Ronaldo, in what they are billing as an exhibition match.
However, Bournemouth fans hoping to watch the match will have to pay considerably more than the £20-odd they fork out for run-of-the mill fixtures at the 9,600-capacity stadium. Adult prices for season ticket holders will be £55, and for others the full cost has been set at £60.
The Bournemouth chairman, Eddie Mitchell, claimed his club had been "handpicked" by Real Madrid for the fixture, which would be "a landmark moment for the Football League".
Diplomatically, Emilio Butragueño, Real Madrid's director of institutional relations, said the Spanish club will be "looking forward to the challenge presented to us by our English opponents".

The Championship newcomers Bournemouth have pulled off a considerable coup by enticing Real Madrid to play a prestigious pre-season home friendly on 21 July.

The newly-promoted Dorset club, who are about to embark on their first season in the second tier of English football for 23 years, will welcome the nine-times European champions to Dean Court for a Sunday evening kick-off.
The fixture will be Madrid's first match of their pre-season schedule, and will be followed by a trip to the US to compete in the International Champions Cup against clubs of a decidedly more prestigious stamp, including Juventus and Internazionale.
Madrid are expected to field some of their biggest names at Dean Court, including Mesut Ozil, Kaká and Cristiano Ronaldo, in what they are billing as an exhibition match.
However, Bournemouth fans hoping to watch the match will have to pay considerably more than the £20-odd they fork out for run-of-the mill fixtures at the 9,600-capacity stadium. Adult prices for season ticket holders will be £55, and for others the full cost has been set at £60.
The Bournemouth chairman, Eddie Mitchell, claimed his club had been "handpicked" by Real Madrid for the fixture, which would be "a landmark moment for the Football League".
Diplomatically, Emilio Butragueño, Real Madrid's director of institutional relations, said the Spanish club will be "looking forward to the challenge presented to us by our English opponents".

Who cares how fraser does against Ronaldo? Mcginn already made him look shite

• Upvote 1

We should have a couple of friendly against some of the EPL powerhouses at Pittodrie.

I reckon such is the support in the NE for Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. people would be queueing round the block to pay £40 and watch their overpaid 'heroes'.

2 games would rake in over £1,000,000 for the club.

We should have a couple of friendly against some of the EPL powerhouses at Pittodrie.

I reckon such is the support in the NE for Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. people would be queueing round the block to pay £40 and watch their overpaid 'heroes'.

2 games would rake in over £1,000,000 for the club.

And these EPL powerhouses demand premium payment for pre season friendlies, could well end up being false economy.

I know many of you have no interest in him any more but for those that do, I thought I'd give you my thoughts on Ryan since he signed for us. Some people like to keep tabs on ex-players, whatever the circumstance of their leaving.

He was a little unlucky in that he picked up an injury just after signing which was was compounded by an unexpected turn of events for the squad. Before Ryan signed we only had one real winger in the squad but on transfer deadline day Swindon had to offload a player for cash and the only offer that came in with readies at the ready was from us for their winger Matt Ritchie. Division 4 player of the year last season (I think) and the Division 3 award this season. So when he came back from injury, Ryan was competing with a bit of a monster (at our level) in the form of his life for a spot on the wing.

A spate of other injuries did mean we had to reshuffle and he got a few appearances here and there and when he did get on the pitch I thought he looked really tidy and definitely had something about him. However, he wasn't really putting his fullback on the backfoot just yet, in the manner of Ritchie or Pugh, our other winger.

You were right to describe him as diminutive but I think that will be less of a problem for him in Division 2 next season. Seems to have had a few niggly injuries but that's not uncommon for players his age. Some Cherries fans have been a tad critical in the little we've seen of him but I like the look of what I've seen and think he might make a impact next year.

Having said that, I thought Warren Cummings should have been capped by Scotland (before the nasty leg breaks) so fill in the blanks as to my ability to spot a footballer for yourselves from that :happy:

Is he still keen on a Pizza Hut Two'sday? Fan of maltesers? x

• Upvote 1

Fraser should have stuck with the Dons.

We'll be playing shite like Madrid on a regular basis soon now Dod Yule & Dek McInnes have got us by the scruff of the neck.

I can hear the Chumps League anthem playing over Pittodrie's shite tannoy system now!!

drugs cheap this week

• Downvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11743/8893916/transfer-news-striker-tokelo-rantie-is-to-join-bournemouth-on-a-four-year-deal

Unbelievable stuff.

I certainly wont shed a tear for them when they eventually go bust!

Is SKY outsourcing its reporting jobs to non-English speaking countries now?

Bournemouth earned promoted into the Championship last season and have won two of their first four games in the second tier.[/]

man-toilet-buries-you.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...