Annual Financial Report

Guest RosemountRed

Guest RosemountRed

Other than a random tweet, I haven't seen anything to suggest Yule is exiled. Has there actually been anything concrete or is this just more rampant speculation?

I believe it came from someone close to him.

Any idea what Yule's salary is at Aberdeen?

£10m was the targeted 'start up costs' to break ground yeah?

We're 60% of the way( £6m ) towards that?

Does that include the £1m 'ring fenced' by McCormack from his family fund?

Either way it's still a decent start toward the (if it's still the figure) total of £38m. Though I'm not daft enough to not know that it will end up well over the £38m as most major projects like this do.

There has been so much wasted over the years in all the different planning, sites, feasibility studies etc. not to mention all the free meals charged to the club for all the ones wanting their palms greased & the undoubted bribes that go on with all this too.

Stewart's lodge buddies are taking the piss out of him really. Anyone they respected in the lodge would have gotten all the required stamps of approval by now.

All that public sucking up to Sevco in the media for nothing eh Stewartie lol

Either way it's still a decent start toward the (if it's still the figure) total of £38m. Though I'm not daft enough to not know that it will end up well over the £38m as most major projects like this do.

Do you have any figures for similarly sized football grounds, built with private funds and the budget being increased significantly after work commencing, to back up why you "know it will end up well over" the budget laid out?

I'd love to see them.

Do you have any figures for similarly sized football grounds, built with private funds and the budget being increased significantly after work commencing, to back up why you "know it will end up well over" the budget laid out?

I'd love to see them.

Newly build Hearts stand was £2m over budget.

That's just a statement. About a stand.

What are the figures for this? What was agreed on as the work started and what, if anything, did it rise by during the build?

Actually, don't bother. The Hearts stand original costing was an estimate. They increased the amount by changing details of the plans before they had even knocked down the old stand. That revised planned budget did not change during the build.

Still, anything more relevant to the original question?

That's just a statement. About a stand.

What are the figures for this? What was agreed on as the work started and what, if anything, did it rise by during the build?

Oh and anything more relevant to the original question?

Original cost was £12m, Ann Budge quoted that it was £2m over budget when near completion.

I'd love to see them.

Was exactly the example I would have used & that was just a simple stand.

What I will say though is that, should we ever actually build a new stadium. It will cost more than the £38m quoted & I will happily bet you @@Reliablesource the grand total of £38 to your chosen charity & a photo of you sitting on the dildo I glue to your bonnet

£10m was the targeted 'start up costs' to break ground yeah?

We're 60% of the way( £6m ) towards that?

Does that include the £1m 'ring fenced' by McCormack from his family fund?

It was almost instantly revised to £50m. £10m for phase 1 (the training ground but not the community stuff which is in the stadium) and £40m for phase 2.

That was before they were told they needed to adjust 1 mile of road and pavement. No idea how much that costs. Anyone? Probably have to build more stuff for pedestrians walking back to Kingswells as well.

They have to fund a CPZ for the whole of Westhill. If that means a real CPZ and not a pretend one on matchdays that would cost a fortune.

They have to separately apply for and build a footbridge from Aberdeenshire land into Aberdeen, which will be met with massive prolonged last ditch nimbyism. Cost?

Don't know what the recommendations were that never saw the light of day but one Aberdeenshire councillor said they thought it would need a flyover to cross the road.

These cost estimates were also before the pound tanked and will continue to. I take it that's bad for building and not good?

We will never pay it off. A WM Donald will appear in 2070 with a dodgy gift for contracts.

Was exactly the example I would have used & that was just a simple stand.

What I will say though is that, should we ever actually build a new stadium. It will cost more than the £38m quoted & I will happily bet you @@Reliablesource the grand total of £38 to your chosen charity & a photo of you sitting on the dildo I glue to your bonnet

You obviously didn't really read anything I wrote.

If you don't have an answer to the specific question, do not bother replying. At least not with something that pathetic.

@@ABZ RED Exactly my point. There is no official, actual budget yet. It's all a bit 'potentially' or 'expected' which is par for the course at this stage of a complicated planning procedure.

You obviously didn't really read anything I wrote.

If you don't have an answer to the specific question, do not bother replying. At least not with something that pathetic.

@@ABZ RED Exactly my point. There is no official, actual budget yet. It's all a bit 'potentially' or 'expected' which is par for the course at this stage of a complicated planning procedure.

I didn't say it was an exact figure. Nothing like that ever can be.

It was however an estimate & I have simply said that that estimate is bs & it will cost a fkn shitload more.

I do not need to find any similar instances of football clubs moving/building new stadiums to back up my opinion on that because that is what it is. MY OPINION & if you want to argue my opinions are off in this case, then it's up to you to do so but you cannot I'm betting

I didn't say it was an exact figure. Nothing like that ever can be.

It was however an estimate & I have simply said that that estimate is bs & it will cost a fkn shitload more.

I do not need to find any similar instances of football clubs moving/building new stadiums to back up my opinion on that because that is what it is. MY OPINION & if you want to argue my opinions are off in this case, then it's up to you to do so but you cannot I'm betting

Bit of a shitebag climbdown, eh?

"Either way it's still a decent start toward the (if it's still the figure) total of £38m. Though I'm not daft enough to not know that it will end up well over the £38m as most major projects like this do"....Is exactly what you said.

I'm waiting for you to quote even 1 'project like this' for comparison. Just so your opinion that it will end up way over budget 'as most do' can make any sense at all.

You said most do, so....

Give me 1 stadium project, like this one. Built with private funds. That had an ACTUAL finalised budget at commencement of build and went well over it during construction (Obviously guestimate figures compared to actual final amounts don't count because that would be fucking stupid).

If you have fuck all, just say you've got fuck all and you should never have written that statement and that'll be the end of it.

• Downvote 1

Bit of a shitebag climbdown, eh?

"Either way it's still a decent start toward the (if it's still the figure) total of £38m. Though I'm not daft enough to not know that it will end up well over the £38m as most major projects like this do"....Is exactly what you said.

I'm waiting for you to quote even 1 'project like this' for comparison. Just so your opinion that it will end up way over budget 'as most do' can make any sense at all.

You said most do, so....

Give me 1 stadium project, like this one. Built with private funds. That had an ACTUAL finalised budget at commencement of build and went well over it during construction (Obviously guestimate figures compared to actual final amounts don't count because that would be fucking stupid).

If you have fuck all, just say you've got fuck all and you should never have written that statement and that'll be the end of it.

What fkn climb down?

You even quoted what I said & I stick by it.

I do not need to come up with another stadium project to compare but MOST major projects involving multi millions to complete. End up costing a shitload more. THAT was my point. My opinion. Why don't you come up with some similar builds that have come in on (or under) the estimated budgets?

For one fkn thing... I never said it had a finalised budget in the fkn first place.

I also repeated E-P-K when he said Hearts stand came in over estimated budget. That was by over £2m (so far) & that is just a simple stand.

Also why does it have to be a stadium project? All I said was most major projects like this... which can cover a wide range of things & infrastructure.

The forth rd bridge repairs for example... major project that was over budget

The NEW forth rd crossing.... major project that was over budget

The Scottish parliament buildings.....major project was over budget

Just because Hull City managed to build theirs on budget, doesn't mean all football stadium major projects will be so lucky.

No shitebag climb down in the fkn slightest, as all I have said is that most major construction projects run over the initial estimated budgets because I am not a fool & know (& knew from the start) that the initial estimate was a sweetener to get folk onside & believing in it & that there was no possible way they would get it done with £38m or less.