Dundee 0 - 1 Aberdeen

Correct.

There's a kind of AFC Chat-bingo you can play after a defeat: see how long it takes someone to come on here and criticise Rooney. I think on Sunday it was within 2 minutes of the final whistle, which in its own way is kinda impressive.

It's been said a million times before: Rooney is a penalty-box poacher and needs service. On the one occasion on Sunday when we actually worked the ball wide in behind those pricks, link-up down the left between Wright and Considine in the first half, he made a good run across the 6-yard box and flashed a shot from a difficult angle into the Merkie.

He's reliant on good service from wide areas - see game against St Johnstone from a couple of months ago for further details.

Ok, great. I still think he should make more of a nuisance of himself. He doesn't dig in when it's tough, mostly because he's so unathletic and slow he can't. My personal opinion on this team is that we should look to be a counter attacking one. Rooney is running in treacle and wouldn't fit in that mould. We've outgrown him.

Not sure that Harvie is ready yet on the basis of his short time on Sunday but Ross possibly deserves his chance and I'd like to see him interchanging with Christie in the no10 or wide right role.

I think the time has now come to get Shinnie back in at LB but we're needing someone to really step up in the middle and we can all understand why Shinnie is the best man for that role. Tansey is not a bad player but he hasn't cut it with us in the deep role. Is Storie so far out of the picture now that he's no longer to be considered? Sometimes giving these guys another chance can work wonders for their morale. I think Dundee's midfield might give us something to think about, they seem to be playing narrower now.

Ok, great. I still think he should make more of a nuisance of himself. He doesn't dig in when it's tough, mostly because he's so unathletic and slow he can't. My personal opinion on this team is that we should look to be a counter attacking one. Rooney is running in treacle and wouldn't fit in that mould. We've outgrown him.

Admittedly he's not going to be bombing forward with the ball from deep, but your counter-attack still needs someone to finish it off.

FWIW, May also doesn't look desperately mobile from what we've seen so far.

Correct.

There's a kind of AFC Chat-bingo you can play after a defeat: see how long it takes someone to come on here and criticise Rooney. I think on Sunday it was within 2 minutes of the final whistle, which in its own way is kinda impressive.

It's been said a million times before: Rooney is a penalty-box poacher and needs service. On the one occasion on Sunday when we actually worked the ball wide in behind those pricks, link-up down the left between Wright and Considine in the first half, he made a good run across the 6-yard box and flashed a shot from a difficult angle into the Merkie.

He's reliant on good service from wide areas - see game against St Johnstone from a couple of months ago for further details.

He got a sitter in the 93rd minute and didn't put it in the net, regardless of it being wrongly given offside. If that was Maynard everyone would be saying it's proof he should never play again.

I'm getting bored of his mistimed jumps for every single ball too, as well as the needless fouls and waving arms act when it gets given.

Face the fact he's now fat, slow and can't make the runs or movement he did in his first 2 seasons. He doesn't have a spilled Hayes shot to tap in from a crap Dundee United keeper and isn't finishing the chances he does get.

• Downvote 2

I've got no idea why Frank Dross (@360) was playing left wing. I often wonder if McInnes is just taking the piss.

Squad being stretched aside, that's what left the worst taste in my mouth. Harvie wasn't slow. Its just he was as shocked as the rest of us at Derek's sudden epiphany - "I know lets change the Left Back." No shit Sherlock! Still waited till the 2nd goal through the left back area to do it though ;)

Correct.

Needs to start putting away the chances. I ken it was given offside but he missed an absolute sitter at 2-1. Rooney didnt know it was given onside but he should be putting that away.

Going to be a tight game. We were lucky to take the 3 points in the home game. A couple of Stevie May finishes like the first game will do nicely though. That Mark O Hara looks to be improving... Worth a look?

They've got a few worth a look imo. Cammy Kerr as already mentioned on here, the boy O'Hara is surely better than Stewart and co and I also like the look of Glen Kamara.