St Johnstone 0 - 3 Aberdeen

Lots of support for Maynard from the fans last night (I suspect some of its tongue in cheek however) but we were all rooting for him i say give him 2 full games before dumping him

Haha. I'd say that's a given. He's certainly going to be remembered (for being utter shite)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes. No doubt. I'm talking about our approach over the summer. We've had him here if we pushed out the boat. Preston weren't in for him in the summer.

Yeah, but he knows moving to us means that he spends a couple of years on said trebled salary. Or he can hold out, see what happens with clubs who can give him 10 times the salary, and if not, still has the trebled salary to fall back on. I don't think it is as simple as saying because Preston (or any other Championship clubs) weren't in for him in the summer, he would jump at the chance of moving to Aberdeen.

Preston getting the deal done in advance of 1 January suggests that they were worried that someone else would get him tied up on a pre-contract as well, probably were a few clubs interested.

Also, if Motherwell are taking £500k for him now, what were they looking for in the summer?