Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

To fuck with helping those sevcove cunts in any shape or form

Cringe. I take it you don’t like that the club are paying them to use their facility. Plus some first team players were at the 1st leg of the playoff cheering when they scored!

Makes sense for us as well, can loan players out to a club in the same area so can keep an eye on players development.

Also still train with the first team squad as don’t think cove will train everyday! Also be able take them to be seen by our physio team if injured etc

Don't really see what advantage it would give us loaning Cove our players, other than proximity, over say Peterhead who will be playing in a higher league.

I'm all for us getting youngsters out on loan and playing proper fitba over that utter joke reserve league, but can't see Cove being in League Two being massively beneficial for our youth development in the long run.  The only way I could see it being a real asset to us would be making a long term investment in them and effectively making them our unofficial B team, but I would imagine if we had any desire to do something like that we would have done it long before now with a more established SPFL side.

As it stands they are just another shitty lower league team who are only slightly more viable to loan players to than they were before.

Don't really see what advantage it would give us loaning Cove our players, other than proximity, over say Peterhead who will be playing in a higher league.

I'm all for us getting youngsters out on loan and playing proper fitba over that utter joke reserve league, but can't see Cove being in League Two being massively beneficial for our youth development in the long run.  The only way I could see it being a real asset to us would be making a long term investment in them and effectively making them our unofficial B team, but I would imagine if we had any desire to do something like that we would have done it long before now with a more established SPFL side.

As it stands they are just another shitty lower league team who are only slightly more viable to loan players to than they were before.

Surely the proximity is ideal? Don’t a lot of the loanees come back to train with us anyway? And if we have the new facilities in place that’s beneficial for everyone, also a good way to track their progress easily? Think the only negatives would be the initial low level they’re playing at and then the possibility that they could end up in the same division......

I agree that Peterhead’s L1 opposition would be preferable but would it be fair to say the club, in setting up long term arrangements for its new training centre, maybe doesn’t expect them to be there very long?

It’s also the flip side to the Colts arguement. If a principled fucker like me objects to them what stops a large club simply setting up a cosy informal arrangement like this instead.

I agree that Peterhead’s L1 opposition would be preferable but would it be fair to say the club, in setting up long term arrangements for its new training centre, maybe doesn’t expect them to be there very long?

It’s also the flip side to the Colts arguement. If a principled fucker like me objects to them what stops a large club simply setting up a cosy informal arrangement like this instead.

Maximum of 2 loans to any one club would sort that

Thought Dean had a decent game, in a less familiar advanced role, but thought we missed his influence further back, especially after 20 minutes or so when Hearts got to grips with the game. Was disappointing as we started the game really well and couldn't believe we went one down. The first two hearts goals are out of absolutely nothing. The second right on half time has probably killed it. An uncharacteristic howler from Dave Craddock in goals

Saw your son Dean smoking outside Ardoe House tonight. Never making it with that attitude

• Downvote 2

How the other half live. At 18 I was scraping cash to get a 2 star in magaluf. Fuckin Cancun...

Aye, tell me about it. He's saved well to be fair, and got some cash for his birthday to help along the way. If he hadn't, it may have been a caravan break in Banchory, which is just a stones throw from his favourite Ardoe House hideaway

Ardoe House in Cancun, aye?

Aye he did.

But he kept it all quiet and inhouse. He didn't try and look like a smart arse by posting it for everyone to see.

He probably was a bit better at recognising his players too.

Hahahaha

Accepted. Hope that's a learning curve for you young man

Hahahaha, oochah, that’s a fair old burn for someone new to take :laughing: