U20's Thread

SFA Youth Cup 4th Round Draw

The draw for the Fourth Round of the 2017/18 Scottish FA Youth Cup was made on Monday afternoon at Hampden Park by Scottish FA President, Alan McRae:

Match
1. Hamilton Academical v Aberdeen
2. Stranraer v Motherwell
3. Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Hibernian
4. Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian
5. St. Johnstone v Rangers or Partick Thistle
6. Celtic v Raith Rovers
7. Stirling Albion v Ross County
8. Greenock Morton v St. Mirren

Ties in the Fourth Round are scheduled to be played on or before Sunday 26 November.

A pretty dominant display. United had a bit of a go at the start of the second half but once they weathered that the young Dons were always in control. No failures on the pitch tonight in my opinion. Sam Roscoe did brilliantly for the first goal and unfortunately had to come of with a knock as he was doing well. Thought Deano, Joe Mcpherson, Seb and Ethan Ross were in total control of the midfield and Danga had a strong game up front. Sam Robertson also cane in from the cold and had a fine game at right back. Deano on a decent run of goal scoring form but nothing compared to Seb Ross. Loon is on fire and hopefully some first team squad recognition will be round the corner for him.

7_C9_FA5_AB-_B453-41_E8-_B078-_DAD5_B7_B

How come Celtic have only played 3 games? Bizarre.

Not strictly true, as they were playing in Luxembourg, the second of three Euro qualifiers after beating the hosts on Wednesday night. But the point stands, with the quality at that age group they should be beating Armenia.

I just saw Scotland listed first and assumed it was at home.

No idea how the game went, but the lads that scored the Scotland goals have both appeared for the Celtic first team - so you'd think they'd have enough quality to see off Armenia U19's.

@@ollie1903 Incidentally, I see the lad from Arsenal came off the bench for the U19's... is he any good, or overhyped? I'm assuming the latter, since he's obviously defected back to Scotland...

Good win lads! Hopefully Deano & Co getting a taste for beating the Arabs!

Incidentally @@ollie1903 .... a couple of players you used to single out for praise regularly - Tyler Chicken and Zack Ellis - I've noticed they've dropped off the radar? Or are they still in the U17's?

A few weeks ago Zack Ellis was in goal for East End in the Scottish Junior cup against Blackburn United at New Advocates Park.Same day as Aberdeen beat Ross County 2-1 at nearby Pittodrie.It finished East End 0 v Blckburn United 6.A harsh early sending off ruined any chance East End had against good Blackburn team,some with SPFL experience.Zack did fine and games like that will do the very young East End team good in long run. Yours truly watched the first half and thus missed the two early goals at Pittodrie !

• Upvote 2

Dons Under 17s have just beaten Celtic 2-0 this afternoon with goals from Deano and Nath Meres. Pretty comfortable throughout and Archie only had one save of note to make. The under 15s also comfortably won 4-0. Not been a good few weeks for the Celtic Academy. Shame that

Are the Celtic youth players/coaches/families as intolerable as their senior counter parts?

Dons Under 17s have just beaten Celtic 2-0 this afternoon with goals from Deano and Nath Meres. Pretty comfortable throughout and Archie only had one save of note to make. The under 15s also comfortably won 4-0. Not been a good few weeks for the Celtic Academy. Shame that

Great wins Ollie. Good to see.