Dominic Ball

Only 22?

The Rotherham fans seem somewhat unimpressed he's been sent out on loan.

The huns must have had someone else called Ball playing for them who I'm thinking of?

You thinking of the boy that played for Everton and the dead rangers? Surname ball. Can't remember his first name

Was it not Michael Ball?

Aye Michael Ball. £6.5m :hysterical:

My mate who is a big hun is jealous we've signed him. He has watched the huns week in week out for years and says he would have loved to have him back. As others have mentioned he said Ball was the stand out player the day they beat Celtic in the SC semi-final. The fact he can play right back, centre half and defensive midfield is a bonus as those were positions where we needed cover. He may end up being good enough to be in the starting 11 most weeks. He's been capped at England U20 level so there seems to be some potential there and he's still only 22 so hopefully his best years are ahead of him.

Let's give him a chance. I think getting £100k for Stockley and signing Ball on loan is a decent bit of deadline day transfer business. The squad looks more balanced now. All in all you have to say it's been a great transfer window for us.

That sounds great, but in reality 99% of Hun fans have absolutely no fucking clue how to evaluate a player and their heads are swimming with the pish printed in the media to talk up all their players and make them feel good (or to slate them once they become the "enemy" for whatever pathetic reason).

I've no problem with the signing and his Hun dalliance doesn't bother me really, he was only there for a short time and I wouldn't hold that against him unless he's done or said something particularly hunish, which he doesn't seem to have.

A solid signing I think. lets see what that means for how we line up the defence: will he go into CB pushing Arnason further down the list and Considine back to LB or will he move into DM allowing Shinnie to stay at LB?

Very happy with this addition. He can play defensive mid or centre back. The huns wanted him back desperately last year before stubbs took him to Rotherham. It didn't work out for him probably due to the tactics and playing for a team rock bottom of the league. He is more of a ball playing centre back pardon the pun. He will fit in nicely to our squad I reckon and be a strong addition to the squad. It was always going to be hard to improve the first 11 on deadline day but we've signed a guy who will potentially do that but if not is a very good back up option to have in the team.

Welcome Ball!

I'd like to see in one of the next two games a start for Arnason or Ball as we know with Reynolds/AOC/Consi at centre back we are just not solid enough at the back.

I'll let DMC off with Murrayfield if he wants to go for the familiar set up of AOC and Reynolds but certainly the following week against Killie we must introduce a change

The cover we need with Scottish experience. That'll do me. Not bothered about his hun comment. They're all like that when they've just beaten their arch enemy in a cup semi and automatically take for granted that they're going to win a cup and qualify for Europe. Ask Ryhun what its like playing for them when things aren't going their way. And this is only the beginning.

Them signing a left back made no sense btw. Especially one called Declan :hysterical:

The mutants on follow follow aren't raging at all :dontknow: ?

They all seem quite unanimous in saying he's pretty average at CB and better as a holding mid.

Still quite a few with the same old sense of entitlement, expecting to comfortably finish above us this season (like they thought last season) even though their team is now full of foreign journeymen.

Need Stevie May to do a hat trick when we play them next

The cover we need with Scottish experience. That'll do me. Not bothered about his hun comment. They're all like that when they've just beaten their arch enemy in a cup semi and automatically take for granted that they're going to win a cup and qualify for Europe. Ask Ryhun what its like playing for them when things aren't going their way. And this is only the beginning.

Them signing a left back made no sense btw. Especially one called Declan :hysterical:

Wasn't all his experience in the Scottish Championship though?

Good environment for any Hun player to look much better than the reality - hand picked hun refs, every game like a home game against diddy supports, crap teams quaking in their boots in front of a baying Ibrox crowd.

So.. we just have to wait and see what he's really like. Hopefully good but I wouldn't judge based on what happened at the huns in the championship really.

The mutants on follow follow aren't raging at all :dontknow: ?

They all seem quite unanimous in saying he's pretty average at CB and better as a holding mid.

Still quite a few with the same old sense of entitlement, expecting to comfortably finish above us this season (like they thought last season) even though their team is now full of foreign journeymen.

Need Stevie May to do a hat trick when we play them next

Of course they'll say that. He's signed for the sheep shaggers.

A twitter search of his name prior to deadline day shows they seemed to think he was a bit better than 'average' though.

I suspect he's been signed more as cover for defensive-mid, which will also allow us to occasionally deploy the Shinnster to left-back for games where we might need him there.

As others have said, if he's decent and can cover CH, RB and DM then I'll be pleased with this signing.

Can't say I remember much about him from his time at the Hunnery but welcome aboard anyway.

Wasn't all his experience in the Scottish Championship though?

Good environment for any Hun player to look much better than the reality - hand picked hun refs, every game like a home game against diddy supports, crap teams quaking in their boots in front of a baying Ibrox crowd.

So.. we just have to wait and see what he's really like. Hopefully good but I wouldn't judge based on what happened at the huns in the championship really.

I flip it the other way and say yes, so he knows exactly what to expect, both the dirge of Kilmarnock on a Friday night (basically a championship fixture) and the natural exuberance of Ibrox/Parkhead on a fun filled Sunday. Compare it to an Aluko/Hignett type who arrive from what they perceive to be the bright lights having done fuck all in their careers to date and immediately decide that we're not good enough for them. And bear in mind the farce that still is the training facilities.

In Derek I trust. And on that note could I just add that, bed soakingly frustrating though it is, how good is it that the first we hear of a position that we accept needs at least covering is that its covered. Done. Dusted. Finished. Not a Craig Brown four week three rejected bids, three different players, clearly fourth choice affair.

Welcome Dominic. You hun cunt.