Agree with most of what you said apart from comments about Gleeson. I don’t think he’s a luxury player at all. Controlled the midfield well, doesn’t over react when fouled and stays on right side of ref. There is no need being a badass midfielder, getting unnecessary yellows in a game that doesn’t need that type of tactic. Obviously get stuck in when required and I think he did ok v the zombies 2 weeks ago and next time we play he puts in a better shift. I think he’ll get better as the season progresses.

Yeah he’s doing the job that the Snake used to do, but better I think (biased against that cunt obvs) He seems a lot calmer and doesn’t have the spoiled brat petulance that Jack did. Will get even better over the season with more gsmes

Don't bring my parents in to this if your happy with 2nd place no cups no Europe empty promises each season so be it but I would think most would want to see a team getting backed by someone who isn't tight fisted as Bob the builder and put his money where his mouth is and doesn't talk out of his ass.

So if you’re not happy with 2nd place, no cups, no Europe and empty promises each season it’s ok to suggest that your parents

must be so disappointed.

Well gluepot, your parents must be so disappointed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So if you’re not happy with 2nd place, no cups, no Europe and empty promises each season it’s ok to suggest that your parents

must be so disappointed.

Well gluepot, your parents must be so disappointed.

Let's be honest we all wish his parents hadn't been brought into it...the world I mean so they could never meet and never have such deranged progeny

Don't bring my parents in to this if your happy with 2nd place no cups no Europe empty promises each season so be it but I would think most would want to see a team getting backed by someone who isn't tight fisted as Bob the builder and put his money where his mouth is and doesn't talk out of his ass.

It's funny as fuck when Ace Ventura does it though.

Ok, maybe luxury isn't quite the word I was after... but when a game calls for someone to roll their sleeves up and do the hard, gritty, dare I say it, Scott Brown type of work, I'm not sure he looks the type of player. Sure, wonderful distribution and controls the game when he's up against a midfield such as St Mirren.... but even at Dundee I thought he was fairly quiet.

Perhaps shouldn't be critical as he's only a few games into his career with us. I'd like to see someone in there next to him who is a true battler and box to box players, much like McLean was.

Luxury player wasn't the right wording but I agree I haven't seen this tenacious side (yet) to his game. However he is one of the best passers of the ball I've seen play under McInnes and he is every bit the player Jack was and more. I thought Gleeson was arguably man of the match. A lot of what he does goes unnoticed because its not the glamorous side of the game.

The entire team played really well and showed the same quality as they did against Burnley. McLean was a great player for us in his remaining 6 months but he often tried to do everything himself. We seem to be a less individualistic side and appear more cohesive as a whole. A much better balanced team.

Really pleased for both May and Wright as I thought they both played very well.

I thought Scotty Wright was great in that central role. Could've went down and drawn a dangerous foul then a penalty at different points but showed his honesty and stayed on his feet. If it is 0-0 second half and the same situation occurs next week, probably better going down Scotty.

I know it was St Mirren, but every pundit in Scotland was blowing smoke up their arses as being a team that would come up and do well - if Scotty Wright can repeat that kind of performance consistently then he is worthy of his place in the team and could really kick on this season.