Durrant Dived

Read that as well, at a fans function or something, is it in the media yet?

Aye just the papers though. Worthy of note that the bbc have nothing on this and I couldn't find a bbc story on him getting sacked at Dumbarton either.

Seems he's only newsworthy for them when used as a stick to batter Aberdeen fans with.

Hope the cunt never works in football again.

Yeah go ahead I couldn't give a shite, just unsure why someone saying 'fuck the pope' is so bad if the Catholic Church is such a bad organisation. Certainly not front page news imo

Being critical of an organisation that protects child rapists is one thing. 

Saying "Fuck the Pope" when you come from an organisation (Rangers FC/Protestantism) that has a long history of anti-Catholic bigotry based primarily on a slight variance in how the magical sky goblin is worshiped is a different kettle of fish. 

Do you think Durrant's comment was based upon a deep-seated loathing of the Catholic church's pedo-friendly attitude, or is it more likely it's based on simple, ignorant sectarianism?

Intent is important. 

Why's saying `fuck the pope' so bad? There's a lot worse said about Catholics on several threads over in the pub forum.

Doesn't go nearly far enough in my opinion. A truly vile organisation.

I would however qualify that statement by stressing that my disapproval is not limited to just one flavour of delusion like Durrant's is, but all sky-wizard worshippers.

Come at me.