Our Away Support

Aye was a sickener to lose like that. Free kick was taken nowhere near the right place and Clangers was fouled by Sutton as well.

Hmm. Controversial. I thought he just flapped at it when he should be commanding his box. Put it this way, it would never happen to Joe.

• Upvote 1

There's certainly a new group of fans collectively and individually who only popped on the scene when McHunnis came in.

Popped on or came back?

Imo, the fans at away games are more or less the same folk but there is a point that over the last few years clubs like Hearts, Hibs, huns and tims have cut the numbers of away fans quite a bit. I remember when anyone wanting in to Tyncastle or Easter road could no problem. The atmosphere at these places are definitely different.

Personally I've never been comfortable knowing how much cash Aberdeen fans plough into shitey clubs like Hamilton, Livingston, killie, St Johnstone etc and how little AFC get in return.

Popped on or came back?

Imo, the fans at away games are more or less the same folk but there is a point that over the last few years clubs like Hearts, Hibs, huns and tims have cut the numbers of away fans quite a bit. I remember when anyone wanting in to Tyncastle or Easter road could no problem. The atmosphere at these places are definitely different.

Personally I've never been comfortable knowing how much cash Aberdeen fans plough into shitey clubs like Hamilton, Livingston, killie, St Johnstone etc and how little AFC get in return.

Yeah... I lived in Edinburgh from 2000-04 and during that time I could always walk-up and pay at the gate.

^^^

I thought it was the other way around, Fergie said no then McLean said no.

Anyway, I remember all the huns getting excited when Big Jock Wallace was eventually appointed, he'd be the man to sort them out and the rest of Scottish football as well.

First game at Pittodrie, the huns going ape shit due to them going back to the black and red socks, foaming at the mouth thinking that Wallace would turn them round.

The final result, 3-0 the Dons, 2 up after 9 minutes.

Ah those were the days.

I think Aberdeen fans are just bored. 

Saw a picture of the league cup semi 2014 and it brought back good memories. What a bounce that was. But we had been fucking shite for years so to win our first semi final in 14 years during a great run in the league things were exciting.

We've struggled to narrow a ridiculously large gap to Celtic the last few years and now the other sides have caught up and possibly overtaken us this season. I personally didnt think we'd be finishing top 2 every single season. 

You see Dons fans on here and on twitter just constantly moaning and slagging each other off. I think they are just bored and need to back up supporting Aberdeen with another hobby to take their mind off things. Like archery or shagging.

I think Aberdeen fans are just bored.

Saw a picture of the league cup semi 2014 and it brought back good memories. What a bounce that was. But we had been fucking shite for years so to win our first semi final in 14 years during a great run in the league things were exciting.

We've struggled to narrow a ridiculously large gap to Celtic the last few years and now the other sides have caught up and possibly overtaken us this season. I personally didnt think we'd be finishing top 2 every single season.

You see Dons fans on here and on twitter just constantly moaning and slagging each other off. I think they are just bored and need to back up supporting Aberdeen with another hobby to take their mind off things. Like archery or shagging.

Agree with that you bed wetting, happy clapping, DNAer.

Biggest problem now is scottish football has tried to stamp out any offensive behavior and in doing so have removed almost all hint of rivalries, its also non accessible due to cost. 

Our support used to be quite loud and most of that was from faces i remember from my darting years, folk from working class areas who spent all their cash on boozing and dons games, now the price of both has increased too much most tend to sit in the pubs. 

They wanted family friendly football and they got it. 

Took my 5 year old to the dick donald stand a few weeks ago and i was depressed that somebody apologised for swearing....... its the RDS ffs thats why i took her  :hysterical:

Biggest problem now is scottish football has tried to stamp out any offensive behavior and in doing so have removed almost all hint of rivalries, its also non accessible due to cost.

Our support used to be quite loud and most of that was from faces i remember from my darting years, folk from working class areas who spent all their cash on boozing and dons games, now the price of both has increased too much most tend to sit in the pubs.

Took my 5 year old to the dick donald stand a few weeks ago and i was depressed that somebody apologised for swearing....... its the RDS ffs thats why i took her :hysterical:

Why were you not up against the fence in the South Stand teaching her how to throw pies at the opposition supporters?

Poor.

Took my 5 year old to the dick donald stand a few weeks ago and i was depressed that somebody apologised for swearing....... its the RDS ffs thats why i took her  :hysterical:

Not like football is in isolation, everything is sanitised now, and when you bring in cctv and social media, doing anything and getting away with it is hard, add in the consequences of actions on your life and you can see why people are shall we say less vociferous in their support.

Used to love a wee venture to the South or RDU when I was a kid with my old man. Felt total bad ass sitting around people shouting CMON TI FUCK REFAHREE

Really can't disagree with that.

Hardly any hatred in the air vs rangers at pittodrie now which is really fucking boring.

The Games Fucked!

Even when we were shit we had a decent away support and games at home v the bigots/jute utd/hearts were decent cos it was mostly pissed up blokes in attendance.

Since McHunnis has came it in he's attracted a new type of supporter and the pissed up blokes have drifted away.

Football is far more inclusive than it was which makes it a shite atmosphere.

Roll on waiting for a shuttle bus whilst sober being surrounded by wifies and faced painted kids with thunder clappers.

Yas! 

GIB = TGF!

The Games Fucked!

Even when we were shit we had a decent away support and games at home v the bigots/jute utd/hearts were decent cos it was mostly pissed up blokes in attendance.

Since McHunnis has came it in he's attracted a new type of supporter and the pissed up blokes have drifted away.

Roll on waiting for a shuttle bus whilst sober being surrounded by wifies and faced painted kids with thunder clappers.

Yas!

GIB = TGF!

Hahaha. What a load of shite you come up with.

• Downvote 1

So where is it reflected?

Clubs online database, AFCs was bigger than both Hertz/Hubz. Thing that pisses me off is why we can get 20500 for one home match and then the next home game comes along and we only get 13/14000, our home support is not consistent which is fucking annoying!

Taking 43000/44000 to a league cup final would also suggest we have the third largest support in Scotland.

The Games Fucked!

Yas!

GIB = TGF!

Nail on head