Introductions Section

Guest LondonScottish

I mind ma da efter a night oot handing me a bit paper wi' Charlie Cooke's autograph. I have no memory of seeing Cooke play at Pittodrie but I reckon I started just about the time he left for Dundee in mid 60's. Mind him playing for Chelsea and wondering how come we let him go?

Anyway fitba is pretty much my life in one way or another. Played for many years and now help run an amateur team. Means that since the age of 16 I've nae been regular attender at Pittodrie, but I'm no less passionate about the Dons, as are the vast majority of Amateur players.

I like a lot of different music, although not much really excites me nowadays. I accidentally found Hank Williams 111 while randomly searching, and found him to be fairly interesting ( he's the grandson )( nae my grandson like ). Check him out he may surprise you.

I don't dislike anyone, but hate to see my team being ordinary.

The Lang Bar is where my da took me after the games for his quick pint before getting the bus hame. I had lemonade.

Here's to a good season abdy :laughing:

Guest rocket_scientist

Hello. I am a complete and utter bast*rd, but I love the Dons... and women. And the occasional drink. And all of my kids, and France.

Dislike religious nuts, political correctness and politicians. Also don't like vast majority of television and people.

Ambition is to die with no regrets - on track so far - and hope to see Aberdeen FC prosper and be the best they can be.

Bought shares in the club first time round, but this was an emotional not a financial investment. Sad to see how it's been going lately though.

Favourite films include Pulp Fiction and Horton Hears a Who. Folk like Vinny in Cornation Street make me vomit.

I have six clear favourite days in my life. 11th May 1983 being top of the list and always will be. JMG.

I'm northernlights9, unfortunately more of a lurker but that will change.

I'm Half Scottish half Canadian, dual citizen.

I was born an Aberdeen FC supporter. I spent about 6 months in aberdeen back in 2000 and went to as many matches as possible. Unfortunately never saw a a win. 1-1 St. Johnstone, 1-1 Celtic(Winters & Larsson scorers), 0-0 Dunfirmline and 2-0 Dundee.

I live in Chilliwack, BC Canada

Im Mizer and I'm an entomogist/abrovirologist. I have licked London_Scottish's face - it was musky (due to the aftershave). I know too many people on the boards, too many people also know me for my Nivea and Luca Toni is a nut T shirt, oh and the sory of the idiot losing all the tickets in Munich (but I did find them the next day in the Ozzie bar!).

I'm bored and not doing much work as I'm starting my journey to pre-season in Holland in 96mins.

I'm swaddon, aged 26 and currently living in the UK's beer capital, Burton on Trent.

I have supported Aberdeen for 21 years, my first game was a 3-0 win over Hearts, Henry Smith was in goal for the Jambos and I hardly saw any of the match because there was someone bigger sat in front of me. Whenever I make it to Aberdeen, I always sit in the front bit of the RDS. I've only ever been to one away game, and that was a friendly in Rotherham in 1997, we lost 2-1.

I used to run the Glory of Gothenburg website and also the Dons In Europe site.

I am currently taking a 'career break' having worked in one place for five years until I decided I was bored of it, so I left.

I like tea, football and cheese & pickle sandwiches. Especially at the same time.

I dislike all other football clubs in Scotland and loads of other things.

Im Paul, 24, heating eng, Aberdonian, Live in Balmedie. Season ticket older south stand 8years now.

Fan of : 2jimmy's, W.Miller, Archie Simpsons, away days to tynie/easter/tanna, Aichies ale house, P-eyes1+2, PES2008

Had enough of: the song 'stand free', RDS top deck's crap chants like 'gies a wave', Pittodrie in winter, Darren Mackie, nights out in aberdeen-fulla pretty boy w@nks, poor attendances at pittodrie for the size of the catchment area.

Hi I'm s1dnk and I'm 25 years old and live in Cruden Bay, just north of Aberdeen.

I was brought up the right way by my dad and supported Aberdeen for as long as I can remember. My first match was a 5-2 win over Dundee on 2nd January 1990, still remember it now.

Work offshore so don't bother with season tickets, just go to the games as and when. Last time I had a season ticket with Ebbe's first season, great feeling when Andy Dow finally scored our first goal of the season. Used to go to all the OF away games but I don't think I'll go back down there again.

I have a soft spot for Arsenal, been down to sew games there too. Also look out for Ross County and Elgin results, probably because they're ex highland league. Gone off Peterhead as the club is full of huns and I watched them stuff us 4-0 a few eeks back. Oh and Tamworth as well, up the Lambs.

I like football, women, food, drink and oxygen in that order. Also recently become mildly addicted to Call of Duty 4.

My dislikes include soaps (exluding Hollyoaks), Des O'Connor, crap dance music, peanuts and the new Minis.

I was once the Aberdeenshire under 10's Penalty King.

• Site Sponsor
Hi, I'm LondonScottish.

I'm Scottish and live in London, surprisingly enough, but originally from Aberdeen.

Supported Aberdeen since the 70's, and had a South Stand season ticket for a good few years.

Don't get to loads of games these days (my armchair is far too comfy), although I regularly pop along to the RobRoy.....home to London's premier (and only) Aberdeen supporters club.

Hi I'm from Aberdeen and have lived here all of my life.

Supported the Dons since I was four and have been going to the games ever since.

Sit in the South stand now with Tommy, Dynamo, RB2 and a few other radges.

My first cup final was the 1967 Scottish and first trophy win was 1970.

I've been to every Dons cup final since 1967 except for the 1987 League Cup final when Dynamo's Mother rather inconsiderately said I would have to stay at home as the wee radge was due to be born any day.

I'm due to reach the age milestone this year when I have to sit down to pish. Tommy and RB2 are already there.

Alan

Hi, My name is Jeff,

I'm from Aberdeen and have lived here all of my life.

Supported the Dons since I was born, the family you see!! only started going back to games last season as playing Rock n Roll in various bands was my life up until recentlty.

Sit in the South Stand Block V, Row S

My first cup final was the 1982 Scottish Cup and have been to them all since when the Dons have appeared.

Not really fond of any other clubs, but do admire Liverpool

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Been viewing the forum for sometime then registered as I'm going to make a few comments on the state of affairs at AFC.

Had a season ticket for 8 years, went to all the away games for about 4 years. Also used to go under 21 games and reserve games to check out the rising stars of AFC.

After the Ebbe Skovdahl episode I decided to jack it all in, couldn't be bothered with the rubbish football, rubbish tactics and poor board making decisions.

I have went to a few games this season and was away to get a season ticket but decided against it. Don't think i'll be back to Pittodrie until Jimmy is out as he slowly destroying our team.

Hi, I'm LondonScottish.

I'm Scottish and live in London, surprisingly enough, but originally from Aberdeen.

Supported Aberdeen since the 70's, and had a South Stand season ticket for a good few years.

Don't get to loads of games these days (my armchair is far too comfy), although I regularly pop along to the RobRoy.....home to London's premier (and only) Aberdeen supporters club.

Archie MacDougal (26)

Born in Aberdeen, raised in Turriff. Now spend most of my time in the states away to start my MA in I/O Psychology. Get home as much as I can to watch the games.

Love forcing a sh*te manager oota Todders! Remember shouting 'Smithy must go' when I was about 9. No idea what was going on, but great times. First game at Todders was 90/01, 2-0 against Hibs in the first game of the season. Been mostly downhill ever since that year . .

HI, I am Black Isle Red and recently moved to New Zealand.

Had a season ticket last season in RDS Lower. Miss getting to matches (although maybe just well at the moment!)

Originally from Fortrose on the Black Isle and have supported the Dandy`s for as long as I can remember.

A big fan of stuff from the 80s (cars, music, etc). Hate being called a Pom.

Brought up in Merkland road east till i was three when i moved to salubrious Northfield ;)

Sadly left Aberdeen in 86 just before Fergie-married down here with a couple of kids(thankfully my son is a Don)

Go to quite a few games a season although its begining to be a chore for some reason

No interest in English football as Aberdeen will always be my team

Im Nespa, 32, a penguin erector at Edinburgh Zoo and live in the beautiful, not sectarian and not full of junkies town of Coatbridge.

First game was at Ibrox in 84 and first home game at Pittodrie in 1986 when my Rangers supporting father gave into the fact i wasnt gonna grow out of the phase and took me to Pittodrie again Dundee Utd. He has been ashamed ever since!

Also a fan of Spurs and try to make a few games a season but my loyality is split 99.9% to the Dons

Have a season bk for the RDS

I like losing my money to the bookie and weeping after s

Hello, I'm Maniac Cop, 27, postie from Aberdeen.

Supported the Dons from 1996, first game was Brian Grants testimonial V Everton, think we got beat 3-0.

Used to go to every home game and the odd away game if I could manage, interest has dropped since the start of last season, only been to Pittodrie about 3 times in the last 2 years, wont be going back again until Calderwood leaves.

Aight, I'm AberdoomFC been a lurker for some time now but finally signed up today when I found I couldn't view no threads.

I'm 24 and a Trainee Manager. Use to be a season ticket holder, but I'm afraid i'm not a Calderwood fan so haven't been since QOTS game. I'm not going to get strated on my reasons for this.

Love to see The Dandies do well also love playing squash, mountain biking and hiking. Use to be signed by Montrose when I played football but then I discovered drink, drugs and rock n roll.

HELLO

I'm Dandyjam, aged 29 and originally from Culter but now staying in the beach area of Aberdeen although spent a year living in Glasgow in 1999-2000.

Went to my first Dons game in 87-88 season, a dull 0-0 draw at home to Dundee. Been attending ever since and although I've never had a season ticket, usually go to a good number of games a season although my enthusiasm has dipped a bit of late.

My English team is Leicester City but they will always be second to Aberdeen.

Have a 4 year old boy and hoping to get him into following The Dons as well but may wait until JC has gone or he'll be bored to tears and be put off for life!

Hi, I'm scooby_don and I'm from and live in Fife.

35 years old/young and drive a........Scooby. :hysterical:

I have no real connection to Aberdeen at all. :hysterical:

I was brain washed by an uncle when I was a young lad about 'The Dons' but wasn't really interested in footballl at the time. It was in my later years at Primary school (around 1983) when I made a conscious decision to become an Aberdeen fan (not realising the years of "yer just a sheep sh@ggin' barsteward" :o that would follow!).

Absolutely nothing to do with the success happening at AFC at the time, more to do with my more footballing orientated best friend at the time being a Dons fan.

Anyhoo my 1st game was in 1984 Raith Rovers (1) v AFC (2) and since then I got into football and The Dons in a big way and I have remained loyal to this day. I hope my 2 young sons will also develope a passion for footie and AFC too.

Don't get to many games these days :( because of work and family commitments but hope to return to the fold in the future.

Never had a season ticket but I did attend most games home and away between the late 80's and the early 90's. The Theo Snelders era.

Most memorable game was the 1990 Skol Cup final Rangers (1) v AFC (2). Was only 17 at the time but still managed to get a little 'tipsy' on the way to the game and have never experienced an atmosphere like it. What a game. When we scored the croud surged forward on the old terraces of Hampden and me and my mates kinda rode the wave and just evaded being crushed to death, one of them did however manage to lose a shoe in the process. :hysterical:

I have been lurking on this forum too long now, finally registered after not being able to access most boards the other day, clever tactics by the admins me thinks. ;):P

Not really sure :hysterical: what I can contribute as have only been to a handfull of games in recent years, always try to listen in on the radio though.

Hi my name is Kenny I am 39 years young

Been going to Todders for 35 years, season ticket holder first in the beach end and now W section south stand.

Married to a wonderfull lass and have 2 girls (Brides of Chucky) live in between Hatton o Fintrey and Kintore

Started life as a Trawlerman and graduated in to the oil industry where i used to land paraffin budgies.

Now finished offshore and retired due to heart being pretty much frigged and waiting for a new one.

Found this forum so spend part of the day posting on it in between doing a bit of chefing

Likes the Dandies Magners cider good food

Dislikes rude people the talaban and of course the tic and the hun

Guest andrew_1983

Hello, I am Andrew. May have been banned from here before for calling NicNac a racist but hope all is ok again seeing as there are new owners. I am 16, 17 in November, have been going to Pittodrie for 8 years now. Sit in the SS in the section next to the away fans. I also bide in Alford.

hello i'm roo. i'm 25, and a number cruncher by day. i like the odd pint, and am a complete music snob - i WILL judge you based on your musical tastes, sorry. Been sitting in the main stand since i started getting a season ticket again a few years back

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...