Sir Shinnie Of Shinsville

Tremendous shift last night. Captain suits him, and we need him to stay at LB. There was a moment in first half when Mcginn ( who wasnt really putting the foot in) was getting slapped about by Celtic's thugs, and the Shinmeister in a real meaty challenge. Loved it, what a player. We have the best left side in the league with him and Hayes and when and/or Mcginn (when he decides to turn up)

I'd be really disappointed to see young Storie dropped. He is much more positive in effectively playing the same role and can actually tackle.

Gives us options in there. I think a midfield trio of Storie/Jack with McLean ahead when we want to pack midfield would be incredible. Or you rotate Storie and Jack, when one gets a booking, the other comes on for him in a 4-4-2.

Future's gid.

Shinnie was unreal last night, awesome performance. Also Storie is like an imalgimation of Jack with his composure and reading of the game, and the tenacity and bite of Flood. No way should he be dropped, stroke of genius from McInnes last night leaving the arm band with Shinnie and showing faith in Storie.

• Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

Tremendous shift last night. Captain suits him, and we need him to stay at LB. There was a moment in first half when Mcginn ( who wasnt really putting the foot in) was getting slapped about by Celtic's thugs, and the Shinmeister in a real meaty challenge. Loved it, what a player. We have the best left side in the league with him and Hayes and when and/or Mcginn (when he decides to turn up)

I thought he was man of the match. The sooner he is made Captain the better.

Celtic have bought FIVE defenders to the club this year - I still cant quite understand how one of them wasn't Shinnie

Thankfully Celtic seem to think that unless a defender come from a club based in Manchester or they pay over the odds for him that he cant be any good which for us is a bonus

Quickly becoming (if he isn't already) one of those players that you breathe a sigh of relief when the window closes and you realise he is still an AFC player

Then I like him even more!

He's playing a different role altogether.

McLean is in the Jack role, and excelling at it.

Correct but I thought the bigger difference was that a combination of Church's combative style and Hayes free-er role meant we didn't miss his attacking threat as much as we have before, allowing him to control better our core and talking Storie through it. Only slight complaint and this really is nit picking is that he's obviously been told to stay central which has left us a bit static at throw-ins where he would usually have been the receiving (and usually only moving) player.