Where Are They Now

You make it sound like it's something the people at the club, who do that for a living, don't know about. Contracts are negotiated, so if the buyer doesn't want that clause, it doesn't go in, or the deal's off.

:laughing:

I'm definitely not implying they don't know about it, but I am implying it would be easy not to bother pushing very hard for that sort of clause when we don't sell players very often and especially if the players are being sold pretty cheaply.

Stockley for 100k was fucking terrific business by us

Correct. He was terrible, everyone thought it was great at the time. Memories are very short on here.

See also, speaking about Sone Aluko like he was awful for us. Everyone was beating their meat for the best part of 4 years over that prick. He played in some very bad teams but was clearly a very good young player. Definitely a wanker though.

• Downvote 1

Correct. He was terrible, everyone thought it was great at the time. Memories are very short on here.

See also, speaking about Sone Aluko like he was awful for us. Everyone was beating their meat for the best part of 4 years over that prick. He played in some very bad teams but was clearly a very good young player. Definitely a wanker though.

Firstly memories have nothing to do with the point about stockley, everyone is aware we were quite happy to get 100k for him and it's not really particularly relevant to the point being discussed - which is that the club should try to get sell on clauses for every player sold.

There's no reason not to push for that and I seriously doubt buying clubs are too hard to deal with.

As for Aluko, again it kind of misses the point being made, which is simply that he's a player we all know and have a measure of and a few years after leaving us he changed hands for millions. No one here would have predicted that future value when he left us.

Point being we shouldn't underestimate the potential future value of a sell on fee.

Mind he just randomly fucked off to Nigeria without MM knowing and then claimed to have paid his own transfer fee to the Huns.

Boy was a lunatic.

He's just a scumbag. his entire family are. Look at the shite his sister pulled last year. Self serving cunts the lot of them.

You can if there is another sell on clause in the sale. If the club that bought the player them sells him with a sell on clause the first club will get a percentage of any future income.

Are you saying a sell on sell on clause? Not sure if you are being serious or not.

These are the experts who didn't put a promotion clause into the deal with Bournemouth.

For all we know about the negotiations (ie fuck all) , AFC maybe did ask for some add-ons like a sell-on clause and a promotion clause. They might even be written into the agreement between AFC and Bournemouth.

But what we do know is that AFC were in a weak bargaining position Bournemouth pretty much had us over a barrel , seeing as Fraser had made it clear he'd be leaving us at the end of that season when his contract finished. So I reckon it's most likely that even if we asked for these add-ons , Bournemouth told us to bolt. £400K , one off payment, take it or leave it. And realistically we wouldn't have had much option other than to take it.

For all we know about the negotiations (ie fuck all) , AFC maybe did ask for some add-ons like a sell-on clause and a promotion clause. They might even be written into the agreement between AFC and Bournemouth.

But what we do know is that AFC were in a weak bargaining position Bournemouth pretty much had us over a barrel , seeing as Fraser had made it clear he'd be leaving us at the end of that season when his contract finished. So I reckon it's most likely that even if we asked for these add-ons , Bournemouth told us to bolt. £400K , one off payment, take it or leave it. And realistically we wouldn't have had much option other than to take it.

Negotiation skills.

Something we may not have so much of when selling as we don't have much track record of selling on players.

But if much smaller operations like Hamilton can pull it off we should be able to do so as well.

As you say none of us really know the details of any transfer negotiations but personally I'm of the opinion its an area we can do better and we should be pushing hard not sitting back saying ah well its ok we got some money.

A bit like scouting, which I think we do a reasonable job but can do more.

That's how we get better as a club - we should expect ourselves to improve little by little in every single area.

We have a sell on clause, but not a promotion one. The club confirmed we never asked for one. That just shows the level of incompetence.

Thank you.

They were in the 3rd division with a 12k seat stadium. They've far exceeded expectations.

Aye after being bought by a billionaire. The club didn't even think to ask. This highlights how shit we were at dealing with transfer business at the time.

Firstly memories have nothing to do with the point about stockley, everyone is aware we were quite happy to get 100k for him and it's not really particularly relevant to the point being discussed - which is that the club should try to get sell on clauses for every player sold.

There's no reason not to push for that and I seriously doubt buying clubs are too hard to deal with.

You say its not relevant to the point being discussed, but if Stockley didnt have such a good season this year then would we be having this discussion?

I doubt it. That said, there's fuck all else to speak about at this time of the year.