Aberdeen V Dundee

It must be said...the football under McInnes is, in general, a terrible watch.

It's not so much of a complaint because I have seen how clubs have faired when getting rid of managers on this basis but McInnes himself said he's had a lot of them sort of games where we win 1-0. It's effective but it really is shite to watch.

Exactly, total nonsense I think.

What's his excuse for playing shite football at Killie and Partick? It's just the way he plays unfortunately. Brutal to watch but effective.

It shouldnt come too much as a surprise. His St Johnstone team was one of the worst football teams to watch on the planet. Brutal? yes, effective? yes, bonny? nope. That said, his first full season here was okay and having Hayes and McGinn down the wings glossed the brutality over, but it is awful to watch these days.

In McInnes' last full 3 seasons we have scored 57, 62 and 74.

We had never scored more than 55 goals in a season since it changed to 38 games in 2000/01.

If you pro-rate that 57 down to 36 games seasons, it is 54 goals. 93/94 was the last time we did that.

People must be forgetting the really crap football we have watched the prior 2 decades if they think it has been crap over the last two years.

This season (and others before) we have shat it when playing big games. His biggest weakness if a lack of tactical nous in the big games, but I wouldn't say that we have had a dearth of quality (or brutal football) in his tenure overall though.

• Upvote 3

In McInnes' last full 3 seasons we have scored 57, 62 and 74.

We had never scored more than 55 goals in a season since it changed to 38 games in 2000/01.

If you pro-rate that 57 down to 36 games seasons, it is 54 goals. 93/94 was the last time we did that.

People must be forgetting the really crap football we have watched the prior 2 decades if they think it has been crap over the last two years.

This season (and others before) we have shat it when playing big games. His biggest weakness if a lack of tactical nous in the big games, but I wouldn't say that we have had a dearth of quality (or brutal football) in his tenure overall though.

First season and second half of last season we played some good stuff. On the whole, I'd say we play percentage football, keep it tight at the back and try nick a goal.

Like I said, I'm not really complaining because I know what the other side of the coin is like. There's no denying we play brutal stuff this season.

That said, his first full season here was okay and having Hayes and McGinn down the wings glossed the brutality over, but it is awful to watch these days.

Assuming we are talking league football, the one season out of four full seasons at the club where he didn't finish second and the team scored the least goals is the only one you'd class as "okay"?

First season and second half of last season we played some good stuff. On the whole, I'd say we play percentage football, keep it tight at the back and try nick a goal.

Like I said, I'm not really complaining because I know what the other side of the coin is like. There's no denying we play brutal stuff this season.

I'm not denying that we've been brutal at times this year, I just think it is a bit revisionist to say that this has been the case for the majority of his time here. He has routinely broken down teams that have set out to do nothing more than stop us playing. For some reason, years of routinely beating opposition teams doing this has lead to McInnes thinking that adopting their tactics will work against certain other teams in the league.

The football we played the second half of last season was some of the best I have ever seen us play.

It's largely been poor this season though, all the more impressive that we are still in with a chance of 2nd and a cup.

Aye, it's largely a different team. Taylor, Jack, Hayes and McGinn started almost every game (ok Mcginn has started a few games recently). Rooney started almost every game and was playing ok and scoring goals. Pawlett was a better option than Stewart is (imo).

Mclean and Shinnie started every game in midfield but Jack was also there. This season we have Christie who gives us a real imbalance, as Maddison did during the first half of last season. When he left we were a much better team.....I'm looking forward to Christie heading off next season.

Impressive indeed that we could still better last season's points total and could make another Scottish cup final. Room for improvement yes....and I'm sure we will improve.

He is not a natural midfield player this meaning positionally he can get found wanting.

Leaves him having to dive in, making unnecessary recovery tackles to put this right.

But yeah, completely unacceptable level of cards with about another 10 games or so to go of the season, likely to end up with over 20 at this rate.

It shouldn't matter if it's his natural position or not, he should have the intelligence to realise he needs to not dive in as much and give referees the easy option to book him.

It shouldn't matter if it's his natural position or not, he should have the intelligence to realise he needs to not dive in as much and give referees the easy option to book him.

His role this season is different to last season, with Jack gone. It's one of the reasons his card count is raised ridiculously high. We have much less of the ball which leaves him chasing it all over the park.

• Downvote 2

Shinnie's getting booked more because Ryan Jack isn't in the team.

Megalolz.

Actual lol

Try not to be a fucking simpleton. It's hard, I know but make an effort. I thought it was fairly clear but I will try a little harder for the simpletons.

Shinnie is getting booked more because he is chasing the ball all over the park. Why is he doing this? The simpletons cry....well because we are not as good at keeping possession of the ball as last season. Why might that be? The simpleton ponders....well maybe we lost the midfield player who's job it was to retain possession. Ah....could be....

• Upvote 1

Actual lol

Try not to be a fucking simpleton. It's hard, I know but make an effort. I thought it was fairly clear but I will try a little harder for the simpletons.

Shinnie is getting booked more because he is chasing the ball all over the park. Why is he doing this? The simpletons cry....well because we are not as good at keeping possession of the ball as last season. Why might that be? The simpleton ponders....well maybe we lost the midfield player who's job it was to retain possession. Ah....could be....

Did Lyan toad really do that much for the Dons tho? I remember him as not always havin the best of games for periods of the last few seasons he was at Dons!!

A quick glance of our possession stats over the past two seasons shows very little difference in our average keeping of the ball. Last season is obviously going to be higher given we were playing very well, but not so much higher as to explain Shinnie being carded every other game. Try again fucknut.

A quick glance of our possession stats over the past two seasons shows very little difference in our average keeping of the ball. Last season is obviously going to be higher given we were playing very well, but not so much higher as to explain Shinnie being carded every other game. Try again fucknut.

And to add...

The cards aren't as a result of chasing anything. They are due to his constant careless fouling

He could take up the "extra workload" if there was any without fouling so fucking much and he wouldn't get the cards.

It's false logic to link jack leaving to shinnie's yellow cards - just a string of assumptions

For me it's a major flaw in Shinnie's game.

He must have the sense that he's now a target for refs, but he seems to lack the discipline to control his game better and reduce the amount of cards he gets.

As you say, it's crazy for someone so vital to the team.

He just doesnt have the footballing brain to play midfield.

He got carded at Celtic for snapping Hayes (fair enough) all he had to do was not jump in. Hold him up and wait for cover.

I dont know why he does it.

According to the red final, 11 of his 16 bookings has been for his first foul, which if true is a pretty alarming stat and shows an obvious bias against him.

Brown or that other dirty bastard McHugh (Motherwell) never seem to get penalised that early tbf.