#91 ONLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

^^^^and a big fuck off plane cable strapped to the ceiling would you believe  !!     Just hanging there! You think some cunt would notice. 

#92 OFFLINE   DD1903

DD1903

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

At Transport museum now on the ship that's there.

Will be low key affair today all kid friendly stuff.

You must take them to the gallowgate and govan. An experience that will stay with them forever
Just an average guy with exceptional hair

#93 OFFLINE   Clydeside_Sheep

Clydeside_Sheep

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Does the same principle apply to Muslims?

mmm the diversity yes - it is another global faith after all - but I don't know about the egalitarian part.  Some muslim nations are fine, great places, others are fiercely intolerant of anything un-islamic.  Guess that's another example of their diversity.

(f*ck knows why you got up votes for that query btw)

#94 OFFLINE   Clydeside_Sheep

Clydeside_Sheep

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

Go to Kelvingrove Art Gallery

It has big stuffed animals.

And a Spitfire.  And Salvador Dali's "Christ of St John of the Cross".

Kelvingrove is decent - theres also a comic exhibition on right now.

I was underwhelmed with the new transport museum "riverside museum" though.  It has old fashioned subway carriages you can sit in.  Typically for scotland, the museum-piece subway carriages are more spacious than the modern ones.

Edited by Clydeside_Sheep, 29 April 2017 - 07:42 PM.

#95 OFFLINE   jassb

jassb

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts
  • Joined 16-December 06

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

Hate to say it, but stayed for a couple of nights last weekend for the semi and really enjoyed it.  Everyone we met was really friendly and happy to chat away. Never felt threatened at all.

Ended up in the Titwood Bar in Nithsdale Road after the game, and then in to some hun pub at the end of the road.  We knew it was a hun pub but was quite pished by then so thought we'd risk it.  Got a few stares when we went in with our scarves but they chatted away fine after we got some drinks in.  Funniest thing of the day was some massive hun in a flourescent jacket telling us he was working in Edinburgh that morning and said something like "see those Edinburgh cunts, stinking bastards so they are, fucking wash less than us".  Comedy gold at the time.  Didn't stay there too long and when we left they were wishing us "arra best" in the cup final if the tims beat them in the other semi.

Off to the Horseshoe after that, good as always, then on to the Counting House.  We were being quite noisy, singing away, we're going to win the cup and all that stuff.  The bouncers came over a couple of times, just telling us to be a bit quieter, but not chucked out.  Then on to Drouthy's.  Ended up singing the Northern Lights at closing time, again good banter and no hassle.

Spoke to a lot of hibbies during the day too, and had a great laugh with them as well.  They're definitely the friendlier lot from Edinburgh.

Only time if felty a bit unpleasant was on Sunday in the Auctioneers during the new firm game, but that was to be expected.  

So I've said it, Glasgow is a good place, weegies are actually an ok lot, their humour is better than ours, and they're a friendly bunch.  MT's still a cock though.

i'm Just A Sheep Shagging Bastard

#96 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,309 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

And a Spitfire.  And Salvador Dali's "Christ of St John of the Cross".

Kelvingrove is decent - theres also a comic exhibition on right now.

I was underwhelmed with the new transport museum "riverside museum" though.  It has old fashioned subway carriages you can sit in.  Typically for scotland, the museum-piece subway carriages are more spacious than the modern ones.

Was there today. Good displays with videos for some of them. Lots of the exhibits have videos from the owners or the owners families telling you about the history of them. Decent. The Pijey traveller caravan one was particularly good.
The ship I was a bit underwhelmed with. Kids loved it which is what matters I guess.

Some of the cars are too high up on the wall of cars. Two high would have been fine. You canna see fuck all on the Ines that are three high.

#97 ONLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:04 PM

Hate to say it, but stayed for a couple of nights last weekend for the semi and really enjoyed it.  Everyone we met was really friendly and happy to chat away. Never felt threatened at all.

Ended up in the Titwood Bar in Nithsdale Road after the game, and then in to some hun pub at the end of the road.  We knew it was a hun pub but was quite pished by then so thought we'd risk it.  Got a few stares when we went in with our scarves but they chatted away fine after we got some drinks in.  Funniest thing of the day was some massive hun in a flourescent jacket telling us he was working in Edinburgh that morning and said something like "see those Edinburgh cunts, stinking bastards so they are, fucking wash less than us".  Comedy gold at the time.  Didn't stay there too long and when we left they were wishing us "arra best" in the cup final if the tims beat them in the other semi.

Off to the Horseshoe after that, good as always, then on to the Counting House.  We were being quite noisy, singing away, we're going to win the cup and all that stuff.  The bouncers came over a couple of times, just telling us to be a bit quieter, but not chucked out.  Then on to Drouthy's.  Ended up singing the Northern Lights at closing time, again good banter and no hassle.

Spoke to a lot of hibbies during the day too, and had a great laugh with them as well.  They're definitely the friendlier lot from Edinburgh.

Only time if felty a bit unpleasant was on Sunday in the Auctioneers during the new firm game, but that was to be expected.  

So I've said it, Glasgow is a good place, weegies are actually an ok lot, their humour is better than ours, and they're a friendly bunch.  MT's still a cock though.

oooohhh the famous glesgae banter

#98 OFFLINE   alscotoz

alscotoz

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:22 AM

There's a blast from the past. was my local when i went to Uni and lived in Pollokshields. Always loved the Horseshoe.

Never argue with an I D I O T . They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#99 OFFLINE   Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Keeping Tup honest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts
  • Joined 06-February 11

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

No proper Aberdeen fan would go to an old firm game.

A few free beers is enough for some to loose all standards.
Support real fitba not the EPL

#100 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Director of Football

• Members
  • 14,349 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

Its true. You cant make up ~18% of the global population without being an egalitarian and diverse group of people.

mmm the diversity yes - it is another global faith after all - but I don't know about the egalitarian part.  Some muslim nations are fine, great places, others are fiercely intolerant of anything un-islamic.  Guess that's another example of their diversity.

(f*ck knows why you got up votes for that query btw)

Islam makes up ~24% of the global population. If anything you'd think that would make them more egalitarian than the Catholics...

#101 ONLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

No proper Aberdeen fan would go to an old firm game.

A few free beers is enough for some to loose all standards.

I'm ashamed to say I went to one once. Free ticket , league cup final.( John hartson era) Always thought the games looked good on the tv and thought 'what the hell'.
It was shite.
Thing that struck me most was that they turn up to watch the opposing team lose rather than their own team winning .
Cunts.

#102 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

It's alright guys I looked up the ~ squiggly myself, it's a tilde
I've moved to California

#103 OFFLINE   Clydeside_Sheep

Clydeside_Sheep

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

Was there today. Good displays with videos for some of them. Lots of the exhibits have videos from the owners or the owners families telling you about the history of them. Decent. The Pijey traveller caravan one was particularly good.
The ship I was a bit underwhelmed with. Kids loved it which is what matters I guess.

Some of the cars are too high up on the wall of cars. Two high would have been fine. You canna see fuck all on the Ines that are three high.

Aye the "cars on the wall" thing looks pretty smart, but it means you cant actually check them out up close, which is a bit of a shame.

Glad the kids enjoyed it.

#104 OFFLINE   Clydeside_Sheep

Clydeside_Sheep

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:51 PM

Islam makes up ~24% of the global population. If anything you'd think that would make them more egalitarian than the Catholics...

No it could possibly make them more diverse, but would have no effect on how egalitarian they are.

#105 OFFLINE   Clydeside_Sheep

Clydeside_Sheep

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

Get that on Trip Advisor right now!  :)

#106 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Director of Football

• Members
  • 14,349 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

Its true. You cant make up ~18% of the global population without being an egalitarian and diverse group of people.

No it could possibly make them more diverse, but would have no effect on how egalitarian they are.

I see. Your initial post was worded badly then - you implied through sheer force of numbers (18% of global population) that Catholics are egalitarian. 

#107 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 23,517 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:29 AM

so you went into pubs you KNEW were rangers ones, still with scarves visible?

you also were singing and jumping about?

mate, if boot was on the other foot yoiud be raging about rangers fans doing that in a "dons" pub

if you ask me, you were lucky not to get sparked out

#108 OFFLINE   Clydeside_Sheep

Clydeside_Sheep

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:01 AM

I see. Your initial post was worded badly then - you implied through sheer force of numbers (18% of global population) that Catholics are egalitarian. 

I agree, it was badly worded - that's exactly why you are kept on here as resident pedant, to catch these important details!

The global population figure was evidence for diversity.

The marriage statistics I provided was evidence for egalitarianism.

Edited by Clydeside_Sheep, 02 May 2017 - 10:01 AM.

#109 OFFLINE   Clydeside_Sheep

Clydeside_Sheep

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:03 AM

so you went into pubs you KNEW were rangers ones,

To be fair to jassb, there a difference between a pub where most of the patrons are sevco fans and a "rangers pub" of the ilk of the louden(s) or bristol bar.  (I presume the titwood bar is the former type?).

#110 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 23,517 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:15 PM

I don't care, I would not be having a scarf on display if I knew it was full of fans of a major rival

if you do, you can expect a smacked puss

#111 OFFLINE   Redstar

Redstar

Legend

• Members
  • 10,380 posts
  • Joined 18-January 11

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

I don't care, I would not be having a scarf on display if I knew it was full of fans of a major rival

Agreed...or a full glass bottle of Irn Brew dropped on yer knapper from the top deck of a bus...as happened to one of my mates after a Tim game...scarf on display standing outside the chipper at what must of been a bus stop...fucking funny as fuck.

#112 OFFLINE   cheesepipes

cheesepipes

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,879 posts
  • Joined 19-January 11

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Best placement would be tied round the head.
Gives off a martial arts vibe.
A cock up the ass is worth 2 in the bush.Martin Luther King

#113 OFFLINE   Bad_Mobby

Bad_Mobby

Midfielder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,297 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

Best placement would be tied round the head.
Gives off a martial arts vibe.

One around the head

One around each wrist

Class.

TPFKATGLA 

#114 OFFLINE   cheesepipes

cheesepipes

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,879 posts
  • Joined 19-January 11

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

One around the head
One around each wrist
Class.

Next time we're down.

Full kit, shinpads n boots. Scarfs as above and a bag of Columbian Bam Bam.

What could go wrong.
A cock up the ass is worth 2 in the bush.Martin Luther King

#115 OFFLINE   Bad_Mobby

Bad_Mobby

Midfielder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,297 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

Next time we're down.

What could go wrong.

I'm looking forward to it already

Dandie Ultimate Warriors running amok

Edited by Bad_Mobby, 02 May 2017 - 06:28 PM.

TPFKATGLA 

#116 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 23,517 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:43 PM

Next time we're down.

What could go wrong.

Haha been there, done that at ibrox :)

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users