Do You Have Kids/ Would You Recommend Having Kids?

Poodler

Popped up in a few threads now, this debate.

Obviously, I don't have kids. I'm incredibly selfish and like to please myself. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Though it irks people around me who chose to have kids and spend their time telling me to 'grow up' etc.

Those with kids, do you regret it? do you advise it? When/ why? Is it really 'the most amazing experience in the world' etc?

Popped up in a few threads now, this debate.

Obviously, I don't have kids. I'm incredibly selfish and like to please myself. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Though it irks people around me who chose to have kids and spend their time telling me to 'grow up' etc.

Those with kids, do you regret it? do you advise it? When/ why? Is it really 'the most amazing experience in the world' etc?

SS

Ive got one child , still live alone and please masel yet see ma bairn all time shes got one and another on the way cuz shes 27.....lang as ye look after em canna see an issue, its about looking after them and providing and if yer like me pleasin yersel ana.....best oh baith worlds, if thats what ye prefer canna see a prob.....knock yersel oot

They change your life for the better in my opinion and give you a purpose-ie to raise the next generation of Dandies.

The start is tough though,but when their wee personalities start showing it’s great.

It’s nae all plain sailing like and there are some tough times,parenting lessons to learn etc,but I wouldn’t change having my daughter-even though she can be a nightmare at times.

Have 2 and its the toughest but best thing we have done. First few years were fucking awful but now they are into football, cycling, swimming and hold a proper conversation it's decent.

Each stage of development brings its own rewards and new troubles but on the whole I love the little buggers.

• Site Sponsor

Got one and planning another.

Kids are ace. They drive you nuts at times but no better feeling than when they come up to you randomly, hug you and say "love you daddy".

Wouldn't change it for anything. Pain in the ass playing hide and seek for 2 hours like.

I think when you’re asked to find a “hidey hole” I don’t think that’s what they mean double D

Kids are ace. They drive you nuts at times but no better feeling than when they come up to you randomly, hug you and say "love you daddy".

Wouldn't change it for anything. Pain in the ass playing hide and seek for 2 hours like.

Project kick off meeting scheduled?

any stage gates in place?

Q1 2020, yeah?

Project kick off meeting scheduled?

any stage gates in place?

Q1 2020, yeah?

• Site Sponsor

Being serious for a minute and in answer to Poodler, there’s nothing like the feeling when your kids are born.

Perhaps not for everyone but yes, I’m my view, best thing to happen.

Of course, life doesn’t always deal you a fair hand so you have to be prepared to take the rough with the smooth and no one says having kids will be easy.

Sometimes the hand you are dealt will affect the rest of your life and sacrifices have to be made but you aren’t given any guarantees in life and have to make the best of things.

Personally, wouldn’t have wanted not to have kids.