Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

New Stadium Approved

14 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The problems for all city centres is that a good chunk of office type workers will never work in the city centre again, they’ll be working from home permanently. 

Hoovering, dusting and stuff. Why pay someone with a basic education 30k and pension to work from a laptop and phone in uk?  Their jobs are going to Bangalore. 

3 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

I'm not so sure. That's the obvious mood music now, but it's not practical in the long term. Humans are made to interact. If you work at a call centre - then sure, you may find that option is a viable one. But I'm not buying into this rhetoric that's being pushed in order to follow some narrative. I know where I work (a large O&G operator), they don't feel the need to continue this WFH practice unless entirely necessary. There's been lots of things said and reported over the last 16 months that just don't stack up - without factoring in the virus. Vaccine passports and never working from an office just two of note. Next they'll be saying we don't need fans in stadiums - we can all log in remotely from home with our own wee speaker system hooked up to where we would normally sit. Bonkers. Get folk back to how we used to live and don't lap up the brainwashing.

We did a Survey at work with the 78 people currently working from home. Nobody wanted this to continue full time not one person, 48 wanted to go to a half and half model and 30 want back to the office full time

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Strange lot. Fuck paying to travel & commute to work.

Aye, cause locked up i my house for 13 months has just been a fuckin holiday! You can't work as efficiently from home and managers know that. Some call centre type places already talking about webcams at home as they know folk are skiving. The whole philosophy of WFH has been designed by those who are simultaneously trying to reduce global warming and populations through restrictions. Fuck the lot of them. The World maybe had some issues prior to 2020 but it certainly didn't need root and branch changes.

1 hour ago, Tinyweelad said:

Aye, cause locked up i my house for 13 months has just been a fuckin holiday! You can't work as efficiently from home and managers know that. Some call centre type places already talking about webcams at home as they know folk are skiving. The whole philosophy of WFH has been designed by those who are simultaneously trying to reduce global warming and populations through restrictions. Fuck the lot of them. The World maybe had some issues prior to 2020 but it certainly didn't need root and branch changes.

You can work as efficiently at home, assuming you have access to systems, communication etc. 

I have been, no bother.

No commute. Saves about 40 hours per month & a heap of hassle. 

Give about half those hours back in work, & the other 20 hours to myself.

So more productive work-wise & more time to myself. Win-win. 

Each to their own & it’s not for everyone,  but I far prefer it. 
And if I want to meet pals on a Friday night for a few beers I’ll go in to the office then.

38 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You can work as efficiently at home, assuming you have access to systems, communication etc. 

I have been, no bother.

No commute. Saves about 40 hours per month & a heap of hassle. 

Give about half those hours back in work, & the other 20 hours to myself.

So more productive work-wise & more time to myself. Win-win. 

Each to their own & it’s not for everyone,  but I far prefer it. 
And if I want to meet pals on a Friday night for a few beers I’ll go in to the office then.

A bit off topic.... but there's no way on Earth a WFH policy is workable in the long term. Do we say, ach it's too much hassle to travel to school, to college, to uni in a similar way? Commuting is just a way of life. Does it bother you that you have to a 4-5 hour round trip to watch an Aberdeen away game? Working practices have been built on both professional and social interaction for decades, if not centuries. The World seems to have lost it's marbles. Virtual team building with shite like beer tasting events via Zoom. Get a grip!

12 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

A bit off topic.... but there's no way on Earth a WFH policy is workable in the long term. Do we say, ach it's too much hassle to travel to school, to college, to uni in a similar way? Commuting is just a way of life. Does it bother you that you have to a 4-5 hour round trip to watch an Aberdeen away game? Working practices have been built on both professional and social interaction for decades, if not centuries. The World seems to have lost it's marbles. Virtual team building with shite like beer tasting events via Zoom. Get a grip!

Like I said, each to their own.

Half the folk I work with I can’t be arsed with anyway ?

I work better on my own. 

I’ll tie in my appearances in work with pub trips with pals. 

• Dildo 1
On 4/16/2021 at 9:02 PM, Tinyweelad said:

Got one of those coming up. Are you telling me it's going to be rubbish?

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

EE reporting further positive talks held by Dons & Council about beachfront stadium plans. Yaaaas.

Mind it’s ACC. This will not happen in the next ten years. £20 to the local synagogue if the stadium is built anywhere in the next decade 

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
2 hours ago, Poodler said:

Mind it’s ACC. This will not happen in the next ten years. £20 to the local synagogue if the stadium is built anywhere in the next decade 

Forget not happening in the next 10 years... this will never happen. Surely nobody trusts ACC enough to believe this is anything other than posturing due to upcoming elections. There is ZERO chance the stadium will be built at the beach... it'll be at Kingsford (eventually) like it or lump it!!

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
16 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Archived link.
https://archive.fo/XDTAY

Fuck posting or supporting EE fuckpigs.

"City chiefs want any new stadium to include other community facilities too, such as a new home for extreme sports centre Transition and a replacement for the ageing Beach Leisure Centre"

It's going to need to be one fucking ginormous building if it's going to incorporate all that plus a 20k seater football stadium. 

Maybe we're going to have flumes onto the pitch instead of a tunnel for the players to come out of. And ramps either side for the BMX'ers and scateboarders to jump over them as they appear. 

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

"City chiefs want any new stadium to include other community facilities too, such as a new home for extreme sports centre Transition and a replacement for the ageing Beach Leisure Centre"

It's going to need to be one fucking ginormous building if it's going to incorporate all that plus a 20k seater football stadium. 

Maybe we're going to have flumes onto the pitch instead of a tunnel for the players to come out of. And ramps either side for the BMX'ers and scateboarders to jump over them as they appear. 

....and a climbing wall for fans who want to escape early to the bar 

2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Absolute class going on the flumes at half time when its 0-0 with Kilmarnock. Get it built

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

We could have a lazy river round the pitch and water cannons so the fans can soak anyone who isn't playing well. Or Wright and Jack when the huns are here. 

Can we fill them with pish? Or acid?

• Haha 1
  • 4 months later...
Guest milne_afc
On 7/16/2019 at 10:54 PM, The Boofon said:

They’re not going to pull out of building it at this stage FFS.

Come ashore lads. Jesus.

?