New Stadium Approved

What's the inevitable re Pittodrie?

The shite Stewart T has been feeding the GIBers?

Its an ancient decrepit stadium and needs replaced.

Whats inevitable is that will surely need to happen at some point one way or another.

And like it or not the fact is the board are not interested in the slightest redeveloping Pittodrie.

So to blithely ignore these realities is 100% "happy clapping" in my book.

If a fans group against moving get together and build a case to stay and redevelop then people might get on board with that once the option is there - but right now, its not actually an option as no one either within or outwith the club is working on it.

Whats inevitable is that will surely need to happen at some point one way or another.

And like it or not the fact is the board are not interested in the slightest redeveloping Pittodrie.

If a fans group against moving get together and build a case to stay and redevelop then people might get on board with that once the option is there - but right now, its not actually an option as no one either within or outwith the club is working on it.

I don't think anyone is ignoring the fact that something needs done.

You're correct in saying the board are not interested in the slightest about redeveloping Pittodrie like it or not.

Buying the allforaroura propaganda and whatever the board say is the true definition of "happy clapping" and not conducive to a successful AFC though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

A happy clapper is someone who drinks up everything the club spins them and takes it as 100% fact, questioning nothing and clapping along in ignorance.

Exactly what you've just shown in your post Re:Pittodrie. You are a happy clapper.

• Upvote 3

A happy clapper is someone who drinks up everything the club spins them and takes it as 100% fact, questioning nothing and clapping along in ignorance.

You're correct in saying the board are not interested in the slightest about redeveloping Pittodrie like it or not.

Buying the allforaroura propaganda and whatever the board say is the true definition of "happy clapping" and not conducive to a successful AFC though.

Spot on!

How do you know moving to Kingsford is not conducive to a successful AFC? It's not even happened yet, so you can't possibly know whether it will be good or bad.

V for Vendetta (I think) has alluded to this before, but fans against the move haven't yet been able to establish any form of collective group to apply pressure to the club (yet Westhill and Kingswell residents seemed to manage it easily enough).

In effect, people are against something but can't be arsed to do anything about it (beyond repeating themselves evermore on forums, social media and such like). I'm not quite sure how that person is defined, but not sure it allows them much credibility to elevate themselves above the "happy clapper" in the top fan stakes.

I did find this though:

https://medium.com/aberdeen-fans-no-kingsford-stadium

2 things Betty

1. just because people are open to the prospect of "Aroura" doesn't mean they have bought any propaganda thought - that's just a prejudiced slant to put on it I'm afraid.

2. ignoring the only option currently offered and ignoring the future problems of staying at Pittodrie is arguably far less conducive to the success of AFC than allowing the club to work on their plans with an open mind.

ie. its great to be against something if you have reasons, that's fine... but ultimately there has to be a real alternative coming from somewhere or your actually just in denial

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to sit here and say Kingsford is perfect etc etc, but we need to be realistic about what can happen.

Maybe.. just maybe a new investor will come in and completely change the direction the club is taking - and they might find a solution that's much better than Kingsford - but right now its not an option.

So the "pie in the sky" and "happy clapping" and all the other smug stuff doesn't sit well with me- if anything at all its the 100% denialists who are living in a happy clappers dream world where just ignoring reality will see us all through.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

V for Vendetta (I think) has alluded to this before, but fans against the move haven't yet been able to establish any form of collective group to apply pressure to the club (yet Westhill and Kingswell residents seemed to manage it easily enough).

In effect, people are against something but can't be arsed to do anything about it (beyond repeating themselves evermore on forums, social media and such like). I'm not quite sure how that person is defined, but not sure it allows them much credibility to elevate themselves above the "happy clapper" in the top fan stakes.

I did find this though:

https://medium.com/aberdeen-fans-no-kingsford-stadium

Yep, and I'm not directing any accusations at Betty or ABZ Red or anyone else against the move when I make that point. After all, I'm quite happy to come on here and share opinions (that people don't want) while taking really fuck all action on things.

But its a wider point: if there is a significant body of fans against a move to kingsford then their only realistic option is to organise themselves, find some leaders and some relevant knowledge and challenge the club's plan. Hell they can even demand Milne and Yule resign if they like. I'm all for fans keeping a level of focus on the actions of the board.

How do you know moving to Kingsford is not conducive to a successful AFC? It's not even happened yet, so you can't possibly know whether it will be good or bad.

I never mentioned moving to Kingsford. I mentioned swallowing the propaganda as not being conducive to success.

• Downvote 4

How is people swallowing the #allforaurora stuff (hand clapping) any better or worse than complaining about it and doing nothing?

The only benefit I can see of moaning and doing nothing is in the end, being able to say I told you so if the doomsday happens.

I really don't understand how there hasn't been one organised event/protest against it, with such a number of fans deadset against it. Perhaps they thought NKS would do enough for them? Or is it just complete apathy?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How is people swallowing the #allforaurora stuff (hand clapping) any better or worse than complaining about it and doing nothing?

The only benefit I can see of moaning and doing nothing is in the end, being able to say I told you so if the doomsday happens.

I really don't understand how there hasn't been one organised event/protest against it, with such a number of fans deadset against it. Perhaps they thought NKS would do enough for them? Or is it just complete apathy?

Working against the club's x hundred thousand pounds Big Partnership propaganda machine.

Aurora banners at matches; the anti WANKS effect; big flashy advertising round the pitch; the Pittodrie walls covered in Aurora; car stickers free with club merch; adverts outside bars; threats of the club dying; 'get behind the club'; being called anti progress; McInnes will leave; fans blindly believing 'there is no other option' and the cost estimates making it exactly the only possible option. What hope is there?

If someone took a banner to a match saying 'no to kingsford, rebuild pittodrie'...what do you think's going to happen?

Work with the council to allocate land in the LDP for a stadium at the beach or rebuild the 2 stands away to fall down. Those are the other options.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So what's the opposite of a "Happy Clapper" which is obviously the biggest insult possible......

"Miserable Moaner"?

"Sulky Pessimist"

"Smugly Priggish"

Asking for a friend

Nimby wankers.

At least the NKS cunts have the balls to do something about their narrow mindedness.

Betty No Balls and ABZVrgin are worse than that lot.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Working against the club's x hundred thousand pounds Big Partnership propaganda machine.

Aurora banners at matches; the anti WANKS effect; big flashy advertising round the pitch; the Pittodrie walls covered in Aurora; car stickers free with club merch; adverts outside bars; threats of the club dying; 'get behind the club'; being called anti progress; McInnes will leave; fans blindly believing 'there is no other option' and the cost estimates making it exactly the only possible option. What hope is there?

If someone took a banner to a match saying 'no to kingsford, rebuild pittodrie'...what do you think's going to happen?

Work with the council to allocate land in the LDP for a stadium at the beach or rebuild the 2 stands away to fall down. Those are the other options.

A banner? I reckon everyone would change their minds on the stadium if they saw a banner at a game. Brilliant idea. You're definitely the right man to lead the campaign.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A banner? I reckon everyone would change their minds on the stadium if they saw a banner at a game. Brilliant idea. You're definitely the right man to lead the campaign.

Cheers.

Any other ideas?

We could set up a fans group and get thousands signed up. Then organise meetings with the club and they'd really have to listen to what we say.

Call it Dons Supporters Together or something.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A random page on a free web host with no content, what exactly did you type in google to find it?

Aberdeen fans against Kingsford. I was wondering if there was at least a group, petition or suchlike. That was the top option that met the criteria.

Cheers.

Any other ideas?

We could set up a fans group and get thousands signed up. Then organise meetings with the club and they'd really have to listen to what we say.

Call it Dons Supporters Together or something.

That just tells you that either the majority of fans are for it and therefore DST reflect that or DST are nothing more than an aide to the propaganda machine, and then perhaps, people then should start up their own group.

Anyway, the point is missed. A lot of folk who are negative about this are critical of those who support it, calling them happy clappers. Yet the actions of those against it don't suggest they are anything but unhappy clappers. As a collective group, the unhappy clappers don't seem to want to do anything to register their discontent. It is the only way that people against it could try and exert influence and bring their concerns to the table. Surely?

If they really want to say at pittodrie I'd suggest they shouldn't be looking to register discontent but actually building a case for an alternative option.

If a few knowledge people can be brought together and an even half way convincing case made then I'm sure a lot of other fans will back them.

But right now there's no other option for people to get behind so Kingsford it is.

The land at the beach is not for sale. But even if it was, it will likely cost a fortune compared to Kingsford. There isn't an unlimited pot of money to build the new stadium and training facilities, as some against the move on here point out day after day.

The stands at Pittodrie can't be rebuilt without demolishing the entire stadium because of the ground conditions. This has been pointed out many times on here already.

So these are not the other options.

• Downvote 1