Lewis Ferguson

Seen him many times over the last few years at youth level. Ferguson is a very good player. And, has a nasty streak about him too.

Was actually going to ask your opinion on him but you posted anyway, yours would be one of the few I would take notice of in this thread until I see the lad playing myself.

How do you think he'll stack up in regards to playing alongside (or even in place of if they are similar) your loon?

I guess the pair of them have played against each other in the past numerous times & maybe even together at Scotland yoof levels?

I don't think he has the potential to take this thread to the 10 page mark but have been wrong before!

Doesn't bode well for you when he's closing in on four pages before he's even an Aberdeen player.

Got to add a couple of pages alone for all the welcome aboard posts when he officially signs.

Doesn't bode well for you when he's closing in on four pages before he's even an Aberdeen player.

Got to add a couple of pages alone for all the welcome aboard posts when he officially signs.

And you get a bee in your bonnet about him, that's another 4 pages a day

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Nah definitely don't see the point in signing a youngster with great potential unless he's immediately a first choice pick.

not that it isnt a good idea but....

have we ever signed a young player with potential and theyve gone on to be a success?

could the 18 appearances and 2 goals of bryan prunty be our greatest success in this area??

whatever happened to that hoor who was a former bayern & dortmund defender? calderwood snapped up some irish disaster as well. was there a young icelander too?

Nah definitely don't see the point in signing a youngster with great potential unless he's immediately a first choice pick.

Not sure entirely agree on paying a transfer fee for potential

Not sure entirely agree with putting him ahead of our youngsters (Campbell, Ross etc) if it is not 100% clear he is better than them

have we ever signed a young player with potential and theyve gone on to be a success?

could the 18 appearances and 2 goals of bryan prunty be our greatest success in this area??

whatever happened to that hoor who was a former bayern & dortmund defender? calderwood snapped up some irish disaster as well. was there a young icelander too?

Sammy Stewart, the son of one of Jimmy Nichols mates... brought over as a favour.

Lukas Culjak? Was released and is now playing in Croatia.

Not sure entirely agree on paying a transfer fee for potential

Not sure entirely agree with putting him ahead of our youngsters (Campbell, Ross etc) if it is not 100% clear he is better than them

Well it's not promising if your a midfielder in the U20's to see the club sign an 18 year old midfielder who is clearly going to be on the fringes or in the first team.

What's made you so holier than thou these days? I've noticed this increasingly...

I'm speculating, like everyone else on this forum. For what it's worth I'm fairly certain that Derek would have had his son in the Rangers youth system if he had half a chance! He was praising their decision to quit SPFL U20 league not that long ago!

... and Lewis has only been seen a handful of times for the first team!! He'll go straight into the U20s up here...

Hopefully he goes on to be a great player for the first team... but equally wouldn't surprise me if it's another Sammy Stewart or Myles Anderson situation and wee favour has been called in. I don't think that's too outrageous to suggest.

I think you and a few other might get proven wrong with this one. He is a young player with a lot of potential and I think he will be straight into the first team squad.

He might not play every week but I would predict he will start 15-20 games next season and we have a got a real steal here with only having to pay a development fee of about 25k.

He only got in the Hamilton team when Docherty left but why it took Canning that long to play him is a mystery to most Accies fans. I've only seen him a few times but he definitely looks a decent young player and I know someone who has seen all of his senior games who is raving about him. He says he is a far better player than Docherty and he would even rate him as better than Macarthur was at the same age. McCarthy is the only one who he has seen as better and made a bigger impact at the same age.

He isn't a holding midfielder and says thinks he is best as an attacking midfielder or supporting just behind a striker. Good touch, 2 footed, great workrate, likes a tackle and superb attitude. He is just raging at the fact he is leaving having only just came into the team and playing so well and he is blaming his old man that we are getting him for virtually nothing. Say its like when Ryan Fraser left us for Bournemouth but imagine Bournemouth has only had to pay us 20-30 grand. I hope his assessment is proven to be correct.

• Upvote 1

I think you and a few other might get proven wrong with this one. He is a young player with a lot of potential and I think he will be straight into the first team squad.

He might not play every week but I would predict he will start 15-20 games next season and we have a got a real steal here with only having to pay a development fee of about 25k.

He only got in the Hamilton team when Docherty left but why it took Canning that long to play him is a mystery to most Accies fans. I've only seen him a few times but he definitely looks a decent young player and I know someone who has seen all of his senior games who is raving about him. He says he is a far better player than Docherty and he would even rate him as better than Macarthur was at the same age. McCarthy is the only one who he has seen as better and made a bigger impact at the same age.

He isn't a holding midfielder and says thinks he is best as an attacking midfielder or supporting just behind a striker. Good touch, 2 footed, great workrate, likes a tackle and superb attitude. He is just raging at the fact he is leaving having only just came into the team and playing so well and he is blaming his old man that we are getting him for virtually nothing. Say its like when Ryan Fraser left us for Bournemouth but imagine Bournemouth has only had to pay us 20-30 grand. I hope his assessment is proven to be correct.

Yeah... it's going to be interesting with this lad. Hopefully he turns out to be brilliant... as an 18 y/o he'll have to be, to start 15-20 games under Derek McInnes.

However, there are a few oddities... if he's as good as folk are saying, better than McCarthy/McArthur, why has he never been called up at any of the Scotland age group levels? Also, again, if he is such a prodigious talent, why has he only played a handful of games for Hamilton... as you say only coming into the team due to Docherty leaving? Also, Docherty was not an attacking midfielder/number 10. He plays much deeper every time I've seen him.

Yeah... it's going to be interesting with this lad. Hopefully he turns out to be brilliant... as an 18 y/o he'll have to be, to start 15-20 games under Derek McInnes.

However, there are a few oddities... if he's as good as folk are saying, better than McCarthy/McArthur, why has he never been called up at any of the Scotland age group levels? Also, again, if he is such a prodigious talent, why has he only played a handful of games for Hamilton... as you say only coming into the team due to Docherty leaving? Also, Docherty was not an attacking midfielder/number 10. He plays much deeper every time I've seen him.

He's maybe just done a Scott McKenna? Sounds like he's been given a chance down there through injuries and just kicked on right away.