What Scottish Islands Have You Been To, And Why?

Clydeside_Sheep

I have been to:

- Mull (to climb Ben More)

- Gigha (daytrip when we were staying in Tayinloan for the weekend with friends)

- Bute (daytrip when we were kids)

(Being a weegie, I really should have been to Arran by now, but them's the breaks.)

My experiences of these islands has left me largely underwhelmed haha!

Used to go camping on Kings Cross, Arran for 10 days every summer with Scripture Union.

Lamlash, Brodick, the Holy Isle, Brodick castle.

Some of the happiest times of my life. I'd like to retire there some day.

I live on Arran ,used to go cod fishing down kings x ,till the scallop dredgers finished them off.not a great place for getting to and from football games!

I did a week cycle touring of the Outer Hebrides and Skye visiting:

Barra

Vatersay

Eriksay

Uists

Benbecula

Skye

Mull

It was a fantastic week mainly due to the weather being amazing. The blue skies, white sand beaches and crystal clear water made me feel like I was in the Bahamas. I can't imagine living on one of these wee islands though, it'd be horrendous as it is generally a very barren and isolated place.

213qe6x.jpg

ip5niq.jpg

1zp17i8.jpg

Also been to Arran and Tiree on separate occasions. Both lovely. I now want to visit Harris but maybe not on the bike as it looks too hilly for my liking.

• Upvote 1

I did a week cycle touring of the Outer Hebrides and Skye visiting:

Barra

Vatersay

Eriksay

Uists

Benbecula

Skye

Mull

It was a fantastic week mainly due to the weather being amazing. The blue skies, white sand beaches and crystal clear water made me feel like I was in the Bahamas. I can't imagine living on one of these wee islands though, it'd be horrendous as it is generally a very barren and isolated place.

213qe6x.jpg

ip5niq.jpg

1zp17i8.jpg

Also been to Arran and Tiree on separate occasions. Both lovely. I now want to visit Harris but maybe not on the bike as it looks too hilly for my liking.

Did you write about this trip/ share more photos? Interesting route